IGNORED

Quality Journalism

Chris

To be honest the whole article is a shambles... The opening paragraph is a joke... Handbags for bloody goal-posts - the gritty realism (they just can not escape football as a class issue) b***ocks. My four year old daughter could writer better copy.

I noted in The Sun the day before that City were voted the 17th (or 16th) most hated team (Leeds were first) and I get the feeling that the papers are the first haters of our beloved club... They do not understand because they all live in the fishtank that is London which does not reflect the nature of football across the nation...

(Deep breath!)

To be honest the whole article is a shambles... The opening paragraph is a joke... Handbags for bloody goal-posts - the gritty realism (they just can not escape football as a class issue) b***ocks. My four year old daughter could writer better copy.

I noted in The Sun the day before that City were voted the 17th (or 16th) most hated team (Leeds were first) and I get the feeling that the papers are the first haters of our beloved club... They do not understand because they all live in the fishtank that is London which does not reflect the nature of football across the nation...

(Deep breath!)

I think the broadsheets were quite supportive towards the back end of the last season and gave a decent coverage. Unlike the tabloids where we were lucky to get two lines, the tabloids didnt fancy us at all and wrote us off all season. Same again this season please.

(Deep breath!)

how do they come up with such tripe polls.. who did they poll for starters, how many people, where, when and what exactly was the question?

(Deep breath!)

You'd think the Sun would be nice to us with some City supporters amongst the journos there

Guest MaloneFM
You'd think the Sun would be nice to us with some City supporters amongst the journos there

Welll....Dominic Mohan is the editor and on play off day the front page headline was COME ON CITY.

So I have been told having never read the rag.

how do they come up with such tripe polls.. who did they poll for starters, how many people, where, when and what exactly was the question?

If I recall correctly didn't S****horpe come in at 10th most hated or something like that?

Now if they polled mainly in Grimsby or Hull I could grasp it, but seriously how are they 10th most hated club in England???

Bizarre thing is that in the Northern editions of the Times that mistake is there in the text but just below a large photo with a caption saying that the Blackpool player was blocking NICKY Maynard's goalbound shot.

On the plus side, the City report and photo took up most of the page

1. people dressed on blue and white

2. About 8,000

3. in Horefield

4. 5pm last Saturday afternoon

5. Which football team in south Bristol do you hate?

Archived