IGNORED

Basso & Weale

Big Red Rich

I'm surprised a topic about this hasnt already been posted. Do we know what the injury situation is with Basso? A hillarious moment on Radio Bristol yesterday when a caller asked Geoff if he knew why Basso had gone off and he replied with "I think he had an injury". Well, it was hardly going to be a tactical sub, was it?!! Furthermore, I've never known a goalkeeper subbed so many times as Bass. I think Steve Phillips went over 100 games without injury or being substituted.

I didnt go to the game & I havn't seen any highlights as yet but the Radio Bristol commentary suggested that Weale made one or two tremendous saves, he seems to like playing at Blackpool! I think its great we have two excellent goalkeepers and I think I'd like to see Weale keep his place at least for the cup game and then perhaps in the league. He hasnt been given an opportunity to impress and whilst Basso is a fans favourate, we have no idea that Weale isnt the better 'keeper.

Anyway, I don't think our goalkeeper situation has been this healthy since the days of Welch & Naylor fighting for the shirt so long may it continue.

BRR.

Depending on what injury Basso had, and how serious it is, Weale will probably get his chance on Tuesday night. From what I have seen of him, and bearing in mind how highly GJ rates him, he may take that chance and Basso will have a real fight on his hands to get his place back.

At least we know Basso wont do a flapper and throw his toys out of the pram, he will come back better! Its a nice feeling knowing we have two keepers in the squad who wouldnt look out of place in the Premier League IMO..

He's apparently hurt the other leg from his previous injury due to overcompensating for it during the game yesterday.

And my funniest moment from yesterdays post match phone in was the sag who phoned in and then asked "Where are we in the table Geoff?" :noexpression: Um youve played one game and you lost it, so have a guess?

:tumbleweed:

Weale made a fantastic save with about 10 mins to go which earned the 3 points as much as Brookers goal. His kicking was spot on especially against the wind - and he was catching crosses well in a crowded penatly area. I don't know how long Basso is out for but Weale definitely deserves a run in the team.

• Admin
He's apparently hurt the other leg from his previous injury due to overcompensating for it during the game yesterday.

And my funniest moment from yesterdays post match phone in was the sag who phoned in and then asked "Where are we in the table Geoff?" :noexpression: Um youve played one game and you lost it, so have a guess?

:tumbleweed:

Their late goal whilst not avoiding defeat did enable them to move up from 22nd to 16th though. Defeat at Brighton next weekend should ensure they slip closer to the drop zone though :dancing6:

Its a very difficult choice that i would hate to make. Weale looks real quality every time he gets a run out for us and GJ is obviously a big fan. Basso was awesome last season and made 186 saves in the CCC, more than any other keeper (yes, i do read the NOTW :whistle2: ) and even though he makes the occasional mistake hes one of the best in the league.

Archived