IGNORED

Trundle And Maynard

mjc bcfc

Well we do have good players at the club... so I'm not supprised.

Every football pundit does not expect City to finish in the top 10.........yet we have 2 players in the top ten to watch, lets hope we can show them all that City will be a top 6 side again this season..

What a great start at blackppol. :englandsmile4wf:

Well we do have good players at the club... so I'm not supprised.

Every football pundit does not expect City to finish in the top 10.........yet we have 2 players in the top ten to watch, lets hope we can show them all that City will be a top 6 side again this season..

What a great start at blackppol. :englandsmile4wf:

We do indeed though reading this forum sometimes I wonder. Only Basso, Carey, Fontaine, Elliott and McIndoe seem to escape relatively free of pastings. Though we are predictably not high in the betting our players tend to get more credit from outside than they do from us.

We do indeed though reading this forum sometimes I wonder. Only Basso, Carey, Fontaine, Elliott and McIndoe seem to escape relatively free of pastings. Though we are predictably not high in the betting our players tend to get more credit from outside than they do from us.

With the exception of a right winger I can honestly say that right now I wouldn't want to change a thing. (can we somehow use the DNA from Scotty and Sproules pace to create some sort of super winger?)

Noddy (Crystal Palace fan) says...

Victor Moses (17), Sean Scannell (17) and Nick Carle (26) will all have a massive influence on our promotion bid. All top players in my opinion. The rest of the Championship fans will see them in action and then you will understand what I'm taking about on why they are all so highly rated

Some palace fans rate Carle then!

The forum covered this last week, same question, who will win the ball ?

Not Maynard, he's up in the box waiting for it. Not Trundle, as he's too easily pushed off the ball or falling over. Trundle is a different club in the bag, but both Trundle and Maynard need a heavy unit up front to do the dirty work. Enter Adebola or Brooker. It has been well documented that Trundle works well WITH a big unit, not AS one.

IMO it has to be Maynard with either Adebola or Brooker, with around 50 matches they can certainly share the work load. Likewise Trundle can share the load with Maynard. Its about styles and horses for courses. In any event, they will all have their chances to impress during a long season.

An observation : Brooker and Maynard are dangerous and can score with both feet. Trundle and Adebola are one footed, ditto Carle and that cost us promotion last season.

Not Maynard, he's up in the box waiting for it. Not Trundle, as he's too easily pushed off the ball or falling over. Trundle is a different club in the bag, but both Trundle and Maynard need a heavy unit up front to do the dirty work. Enter Adebola or Brooker. It has been well documented that Trundle works well WITH a big unit, not AS one.

IMO it has to be Maynard with either Adebola or Brooker, with around 50 matches they can certainly share the work load. Likewise Trundle can share the load with Maynard. Its about styles and horses for courses. In any event, they will all have their chances to impress during a long season.

An observation : Brooker and Maynard are dangerous and can score with both feet. Trundle and Adebola are one footed, ditto Carle and that cost us promotion last season.

:dancing6::rofl2br::disapointed2se:

Never heard so much rubbish in my life, not a football brain I believe,

Torres n Keane ( No big un there mate)

Tevez Ronaldo Rooney ( No big un there mate)

No its all about styles of play, your team plays to its strenghts,

Big un up front ( Just Lump it, and play off him)

2 tiddlers ( play feet, keep possesion, quick sharpe passing)

There you go my friend now you can enjoy football more)

:juggle:

well done brooks 2 in 2 games mate...........anyone notice that?? why are we trying so hard to accomodate trunds? great bloke but lets give brooks a run. looks like weve got 4 strikers all in the mix going for it lets play the two in form who are scoring and working well not just the ones we like best.

If you read what he says mate, It has been well documented that Trundle works well WITH a big unit, not AS one.

He is talking specifically about Trundle, not football in general. So no need to bring Man Utd or Liverpool into things...

The prem players have ability and pace to be able to get to the ball first and go at defenders - unfortunately we all know Trunds is only a box player, albeit a very good box player. Unfortunately thats not enough.

IMO brooker and maynard to start with both dele and trunds on the bench to put the fear of god in defences later in the game, especially if we need to chase a result.

Wow. What an incredibly partonising response, Mr. Brent.

For the record, Rooney is well known for his strength, which is the point the poster was making.

The prem players have ability and pace to be able to get to the ball first and go at defenders - unfortunately we all know Trunds is only a box player, albeit a very good box player. Unfortunately thats not enough.

IMO brooker and maynard to start with both dele and trunds on the bench to put the fear of god in defences later in the game, especially if we need to chase a result.

If there's one thing Lee is not it's a box player. All his best work is done outside the area, where many of his goals have come from over the years, and he spends much of his time moving out wide and setting others up. He is not likely to get many tap-ins, hence the signing of Nicky Maynard. Wouldn't argue with your team selection though.

agree with you on this one, and very brave of you to mention anything re mr trundle. Feel a bit sorry for him as was bought for his tricks and then we realised we couldnt afford for him to lose the ball even in the last third or we get punished in this league so he has had to adjust his game.

Would expect your second striker in a promotion chasing side to be notching 10? is that reasonable or at least 10 assists minimum a season, but that hasnt happened. Have marvelled at his skill, and oooeed and aarrghhd with the best of them but if hes not getting a sniff within 10 games would send him out on loan, he needs games for his fitness and goals for his confidence, but at the MOMENT he is our michael owen, know what i mean.

Let the barrage of abuse begin (ps. not anti - trunds would love to see him bang 20 a season in, Honest!)

As with all our strikers, and as quoted by GJ, they will all get their opportunity to be heroes. Its whether they take that opportunity that matters.

Brookers taken his against Blackpool. The question is will Trundle and Adebola? I'm sure they will.

or trundle and maynard even. Ade never quite gets the credit he deserves i always feel, takes a lot of knocks and makes things happen.

or trundle and maynard even. Ade never quite gets the credit he deserves i always feel, takes a lot of knocks and makes things happen.

Yeah, I'm never disapointed to see Adebola start either. Granted he wont set the world alight or get 20+ goals a season but he is a good footballer and chips in with goals here and there. Important ones as well.

The problem GJ has (which is not a bad problem) is who to start between Brooker and Adebola. Trundle wont start many games this season in the CCC unless we have some injuries up front or Trunds re-discovers a yard of pace.

Have to agree to small strikers up front is not a good combo.

I would like to see Trundle move on to one of the wings or drop back into midfield thats where i see his future for the club.

He has good vision a cultured left foot and a good range of passing oh he crosses quite well too.

If he was to drop off he would still get goals if not more but he would have to up his work rate or keep the same rate as he had towards the end of last season. Trundle is a dangerous player that no team want to play against.

I am sure you are an expert on rubbish and patronising others. I was however talking about our team in our division. Certainly not Man U or L'Pool. We have a team which plays to GJ/Millens game plan. If we had the superstars you mention the equation may suit your superior knowledge of the game.

As it stands with our current squad, formation and our managers regular tactics, I see no reason to alter my opinion.

Archived