IGNORED

Williams And Myrie-williams

dezgimed

How was our new boy on Sat?

Given the lack of mentioning anywhere, I'll assume his debut went down like a sack of shite, and he was about as inspiring as we all first imagined when we said 'Gavin who??'...

Of course I could be wrong, but I've read some reviews and the consensus was he was average/poor.

And another thing, JMW's head is appearing at the top of the forum, and its MASSIVE!

He looks like bloody Mickey Mouse. Sort it out web editor!

:innocent06:

You seem to have a problem with Johnson.

He was one of our better players. Kept the ball moving, and put in some decent challenges.

My problem is I just don't rate him. I thought he gave the ball away far too much and didn't create a lot. Did put in a good ball for the goal though.

Not really. I would much rather see Noble or a replacement for Carle as our creative force.

noble would have been blowing out of his arse when johnson put the free kick in for the goal, the words 90 mins and noble don't go together, after saying that i do rate noble , but also rate johnson , but the one i rate most is our MANAGER who makes the decisions , let us concentrate on our jobs and let johnson snr do his after all since he came to city he s been rather good at it

noble would have been blowing out of his arse when johnson put the free kick in for the goal, the words 90 mins and noble don't go together, after saying that i do rate noble , but also rate johnson , but the one i rate most is our MANAGER who makes the decisions , let us concentrate on our jobs and let johnson snr do his after all since he came to city he s been rather good at it

We are aloud to discuss what we think, thats what the forums for.

Id still love to see a way of maynard and trundle and adebola/brooker up front but keep the width but i am greedy. I'm the one that wanted meteb mifsud and maynard :P

......BASSO............

...ORR....MCCOMBE...CAREY....MCALISTER

....MARV........

...WILLIAMS/SPROULE.......MCINDOE........

.......TRUDNLE.......

.....BROOKER.....MAYNARD.......

I don't think that would work at all but something along those lines.

Not really. I would much rather see Noble or a replacement for Carle as our creative force.

When I saw the midfield for the weekend I thought it look extremely week McIndoe apart. Johnson and Skuse don't really do it for me.

Also let's be honest the ball Johnson put in the box was hardly amazing, he just cliped it into the box and the goal as come from Brookers ability to finish from a crazy angle rather than a killer ball from Johnson.

But like I said in a previous thread if Johnson is fit he'll play. :closedeyes:

but the one i rate most is our MANAGER who makes the decisions , let us concentrate on our jobs and let johnson snr do his after all since he came to city he s been rather good at it

We may as well all pack up then and ###### off then if discussion isn't allowed :rolleyes:

Williams wasn't that good but no worse than Skuse or Johnson.

Needs time I hope.

You are joking surely? Skuse and Johnson were 2 of our better players on saturday. I am / was a big Johnson basher but he was very good against Blackpool. One moment that stuck in my mind was when he won a header which he cleverly nodded down to Bradley Orr in the first half. He didn't give the ball away anywhere near as much as he has done in the past.

As for Williams, too early to comment. Looks like he will be a good squad player for the money we got him for.

Gary added: "Gavin came through fine. He's blooding himself in and will need to go past people as well as pass the ball. That's why we've brought him here and he'll be ready to do that pretty soon."

This is the quote i'm going to use all season long. From what i've seen he's a technically able passer of the ball who drifts about. He needs to do what Gary says he brought him in for. If he's able to beat players we have a player, if he's not then we have Noble who does the same thing and it was a waste of a squad place either renewing Noble's deal or bringing in Williams.

It's one game, but is he doing what he's been bought for yet? Not really, but he does deserve time considering he was a bit behind on the fitness of the rest of the squad. I think after 5-6 games we can see a fit player and therefore we can see him at his best. GJ's decision and Williams certainly deserve our support and backing until then.

My problem is I just don't rate him.

That is a problem indeed as his contribution and influence to our success over the past 2 and a half years has been obvious and there for everyone to see.

Maybe you could explain to us what happened towards the end of last season when LJ wasn't in the side, when we so obviously missed his ability, composure and leadership?

And please don't put 'Carle' and 'creative midfielder' in the same sentence FFS.

Tell you what.....on the basis of the first game of the season which we won......why don't we just release everyone and sign a whole new team, as quite obviously all the current players are rubbish and aren't good enough to get into the Rovers first team....

Someone isnt very good at generalising.

Maybe you could explain to us what happened towards the end of last season when LJ wasn't in the side, when we so obviously missed his ability, composure and leadership?

I'm sure Alex will, as soon as you explain to us what happened earlier in the season when LJ was in the side, when we obviously had his ability, composure and leadership.

Barnsley? Charlton? Ipswich? Leicester? West Brom? QPR?

Swings and roundabouts.

I'm sure Alex will, as soon as you explain to us what happened earlier in the season when LJ was in the side, when we obviously had his ability, composure and leadership.

Barnsley? Charlton? Ipswich? Leicester? West Brom? QPR?

Swings and roundabouts.

Er but on the whole our early season form was very good and consistent. Our worst run came in March/April which is when LJ was suffering with injury and we missed the aforementioned assets he brings to the team. Therefore my point is very simple.

Without LJ in the run-in we lost to Plymouth, Cardiff, Stoke, Sheff U. Indeed, before LJ got injured by that thug at home to Watford we were in comparative cruise control.

Anyway, let's not go over old ground. I just think it's a shame that people fail to appreciate the impact he has had since joining BCFC.

That is a problem indeed as his contribution and influence to our success over the past 2 and a half years has been obvious and there for everyone to see.

And please don't put 'Carle' and 'creative midfielder' in the same sentence FFS.

Well I certainly wouldn't be putting our success down to LJ. He has played in some games but mostly he has been average or poor for me. It seems to like you either love or hate him and generally I don't rate him. Sometimes his delivery for free-kicks is quite good though.

I can try to explain but I'm sure you will disagree whatever I said.. We bought in Adebola and started hitting a lot of long balls to him and didn't play the way we did in some games at the start. I didn't see the loss of LJ affecting the results and especially towards the end (when we had Carle in the side at Sheff Utd) we played some excellent stuff.

Carle is a creative midfielder and will do well for Palace this season. (FFS)

You are joking surely? Skuse and Johnson were 2 of our better players on saturday. I am / was a big Johnson basher but he was very good against Blackpool. One moment that stuck in my mind was when he won a header which he cleverly nodded down to Bradley Orr in the first half. He didn't give the ball away anywhere near as much as he has done in the past.

As for Williams, too early to comment. Looks like he will be a good squad player for the money we got him for.

No,not joking.

One of the reasons we didn't win the midfield battle and that they over-ran us was the fact that Johnson and Skuse were weak.

Although he wasn't very good on Saturday, I agree with you about Williams. Just would like to see us bring in a decent creative midfielder.

Well I certainly wouldn't be putting our success down to LJ. He has played in some games but mostly he has been average or poor for me. It seems to like you either love or hate him and generally I don't rate him. Sometimes his delivery for free-kicks is quite good though.

I can try to explain but I'm sure you will disagree whatever I said.. We bought in Adebola and started hitting a lot of long balls to him and didn't play the way we did in some games at the start. I didn't see the loss of LJ affecting the results and especially towards the end (when we had Carle in the side at Sheff Utd) we played some excellent stuff.

Carle is a creative midfielder and will do well for Palace this season. (FFS)

So we've been carrying a passenger in LJ (who has been 'average or poor' for most of the time) for two seasons of almost unblemished success? A pretty ridiculous attitude if correct, you really must dislike him.

His set pieces are a major asset as we saw once again on Saturday.

Carle played well at Sheff U without any real end product, he has no real range of passing though, can't shoot, can't take set pieces and I never saw him make a killer pass in a City shirt.

I've seen all of that from LJ and 7 assists last season suggests he must have been doing something right.

We'll see about Carle and no doubt they'll be a big 'told you so' brigade if he does go on to show that he does have some creativity, which he was sadly lacking in a BCFC shirt.

Archived