Avon and somerset area across the three league teams

fifty fans banned across all three local teams

2007/08 season 163 arrested across all three local teams

2006/08 season 137 arrested across all three local teams

96 fans arrested at City matches of which 88 were City fans

A total of 53 fans are being monitored

So I presume if you are out during not match days,

having a beer with your City top and a long way from ashton

You can still be counted in these figures?

don't shoot me I'm only the messenger!

Avon and somerset area across the three league teams

fifty fans banned across all three local teams

2007/08 season 163 arrested across all three local teams

2006/08 season 137 arrested across all three local teams

96 fans arrested at City matches of which 88 were City fans

A total of 53 fans are being monitored

So I presume if you are out during not match days,

having a beer with your City top and a long way from ashton

You can still be counted in these figures?

Interesting, but football supporters are very easy targets for the Police. Always remember that the Police want to convict as many people as possible because:

They want to convict you to make it look like they're doing a good job at solving crime. The "clear up rate" is very important to the cops, they have to be seen to be doing their job. The more 'crimes' they get convictions for, the better it looks for them.

Police officers want promotion, to climb up the ladder of hierarchy. Coppers get promotion through the number of crimes they "solve". No copper wants to be a beat bobby all their life.

A "solved" crime is a conviction against somebody. You only have to look at such cases as the Birmingham Six to understand how far the police will go to get a conviction. Fitting people up to boost the "clear up rate", and at the same time removing people the cops don't like, is a widespread part of all police forces.

Source: http://www.schnews.org.uk/diyguide/defenda...idetoarrest.htm

Interesting, but football supporters are very easy targets for the Police. Always remember that the Police want to convict as many people as possible because:

They want to convict you to make it look like they're doing a good job at solving crime. The "clear up rate" is very important to the cops, they have to be seen to be doing their job. The more 'crimes' they get convictions for, the better it looks for them.

Police officers want promotion, to climb up the ladder of hierarchy. Coppers get promotion through the number of crimes they "solve". No copper wants to be a beat bobby all their life.

A "solved" crime is a conviction against somebody. You only have to look at such cases as the Birmingham Six to understand how far the police will go to get a conviction. Fitting people up to boost the "clear up rate", and at the same time removing people the cops don't like, is a widespread part of all police forces.

Source: http://www.schnews.org.uk/diyguide/defenda...idetoarrest.htm

Very well put Red goblin, totaly agree

Why do they only ever give the number of those arrested and not those convicted??????

I know (from personal experience) that the police are more than willing to lie under oath, but i feel that figures for those actualy convicted would be a more reliable figure!!!!!

I know (from personal experience) that the police are more than willing to lie under oath,

It's a sad, sad situation. When I was young I had a lot of respect for the Police but as time has gone on that respect has ebbed away due to personal experiences and what I've heard from others. The only copper I've had real respect for in recent times was the one who used to give up his Saturday morning to give motorcycle lessons at Ashton Park School circa 1983-84. Top bloke, he wasn't a Policeman in it for a big salary and an ego trip he genuinely cared about giving young motorcyclists the knowledge to stay alive.

Archived