IGNORED

No Major Positives

SJC

Wilson was man of the match for me.

Agree with that. He had a couple of dodgy touches when he first came on but thats understandable. Looked very solid. Few nice passes, tackles and turns. I'd like to see him have a run on the right of midfield at some point as Sproule has looked unconvincing so far, and i think Williams is more of a central midfielder.

Agree with nearly all of that, a well written analysis of last nights game. I've always liked Wilson at right back, and would love for him to get a run of games there.

I'll disagree with McIndoe though, i thought he was woeful last night, not interested and i got the impression that he thought he could tiptoe through the game. I would have hooked him instead of Sproule as he just wasn't involved. Still, i expect McIndoe to be back to his best on saturday.

Gavin Williams is the interesting one for me. I think he is a centre midfield player and he was far more dominant in the last 10 mins when pushed inside. Thought he linked play well and is very composed on the ball, we could have a top player here. But who gets replaced for him? Surely the most logical is LJ but his set pieces and general involvement throughout would leave me hesitant to drop him. So i'd see if we can go in with Williams and LJ, with Skuse dropping to the bench. LJ can then 'sit' in front of the defence with more creative empasis on Williams.

Would this be too attacking though?

I'll disagree with McIndoe though, i thought he was woeful last night, not interested and i got the impression that he thought he could tiptoe through the game. I would have hooked him instead of Sproule as he just wasn't involved. Still, i expect McIndoe to be back to his best on saturday.

Yeah McIndoe looked a bit lathargic and uninterested last night. And slow. That should change for the weekend though.

Again i see someone writing drop skuse he was by far our best midfielder last night. All the little tussles and knock ons and tackles he wins seems to go unnoticed. Our few attacks last night were balls from cole not lj. Our best players last night were brooker and skuse. Weale also looked comfortable. Worst players last night sproule and mc allistair. Defensivley we looked very dodgey. But a win is a win.

Last night I thought the whole team performed badly. Passes went astray, we couldnt put many passes together and there was no cutting edge. If we perform like that on Saturday we will get turned over.

If I had to name any positives, I would say that Williams looked good when moved inside and he seemed to be enjoying himself there. Weale looked comfortable in goal and Fontaine improved as the game went on.

Nevertheless, a wins a win as they say. Not sure about Skuse? I'm trying hard to see why people rate him so highly.

Again i see someone writing drop skuse he was by far our best midfielder last night. All the little tussles and knock ons and tackles he wins seems to go unnoticed. Our few attacks last night were balls from cole not lj. Our best players last night were brooker and skuse. Weale also looked comfortable. Worst players last night sproule and mc allistair. Defensivley we looked very dodgey. But a win is a win.

Completely disagree on a few things.

I don't know if you're refering to me but I certainly didnt suggest Skuse should be dropped. For me he did not do a great deal, he got stuck in on occasion but nothing to write home about and certainly nothing to warrant any significant praise. The most important tackle of the night came from Lee Johnson in the 2nd half as a Posh player laid the ball back to the edge of the area and Johnson got back to challenge and concede a corner.

Brooker was in-effective and did nothing bar score. He produced a few minor flurries of excitement but never threatened to any great extent. I don't mean to be critical of him, clearly his goal was very important, but if someone is going to suggest he was one of our best players in a match where he did nothing but lose out in the air then I am sorry but I absolutely disagree. He was also, rightly or wrongly as I was in no position to judge inexcusably caught offisde on a number of occasions in the first half.

Lee Johnson did play some incisive through balls, most notably a couple of defence splitting passes down the right flank.

McAlister played a fantastic ball for the goal and was, on the whole, tidy. As I have previously stated he very nearly cost us a goal with a heavy touch and although not fault free does not warrant special criticism.

As a Posh fan, i was overjoyed with our performance, although in the second half you stopped us playing abit..

Thought your lot looked good, defensively kept McLean quiet which is always a good thing as he can just pop up from nowhere, and although CMS was running alot, you made sure he didn't go too many places.

Maynard looked alright, although that second goal was dubious as i thought Maynard was a mile offside but thats football!

Best wishes to the young lad, wasn't nice seeing him go down and it was plain to see it was serious, hope he makes a quick recovery!

Good luck in the Championship, hopefully you'll go one better this season. You're a good side! :)

As a Posh fan, i was overjoyed with our performance, although in the second half you stopped us playing abit..

Thought your lot looked good, defensively kept McLean quiet which is always a good thing as he can just pop up from nowhere, and although CMS was running alot, you made sure he didn't go too many places.

Maynard looked alright, although that second goal was dubious as i thought Maynard was a mile offside but thats football!

Best wishes to the young lad, wasn't nice seeing him go down and it was plain to see it was serious, hope he makes a quick recovery!

Good luck in the Championship, hopefully you'll go one better this season. You're a good side! :)

Thanks for the thoughts.

As I said in initial post you look a good side, I thought your player on the right flank looked threatening - sorry his name escapes me.

Quality build up play for your goal and I would agree with your assessment regarding our 2nd. Have not seen the replay but it appeared that your left back or possibly covering left midfielder played the initial pass onside which everyone assumed was off and subsequently stopped for. Then the touch through for Maynard did indeed seem offside, I can only assume that the linesman had a lapse of concentration given that play appeared to stand still.

All the best for the coming season.

EDIT: The flip side to the above is that, again not having seen the replay, I felt Maynard was onside for his disallowed goal.

Thanks for the thoughts.

As I said in initial post you look a good side, I thought you're player on the right flank looked threatening - sorry his name escapes me.

Quality build up play for your goal and I would agree with your assessment regarding our 2nd. Have not seen the replay but it appeared that your left back or possibly covering left midfielder played the initial pass onside which everyone assumed was off and subsequently stopped for. Then the touch through for Maynard did indeed seem offside, I can only assume that the linesman had a lapse of concentration given that play appeared to stand still.

All the best for the coming season.

EDIT: The flip side to the above is that, again not having seen the replay, I felt Maynard was onside for his disallowed goal.

Down the right would of been Sergio Torres, signed from Wycombe this summer. Looks a good signing from what we've seen of him.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was a Tommy Williams mistake, he's been awful all pre-season, was awful at Southend and was awful yet again last night. No surprise to see your lot worked that out and kept attacking the right because of it.

I do agree with what you say about Maynards disallowed goal, i personally thought it was onside and was very relieved when the lino flagged, as in my book, it was a legit goal.

Keep hold of Carey & Williams too, thought them too looked quite good last night (If only our Williams could look good :( )

Good luck for the season, you're certainly my bet to go up!

I said last night I thought Sergio Torres and Smith caused us all sorts of problems where as your "5 million" man looked quite poor but maybe that was due to good defending, always liked the look of Sergio though.

I agree mcclean looked poor last night, ive always thought he is overrated he is probably a very good league2/1 player but he would never cut it in the championship IMO

Just ahows up against two good championship players (carey + fontaine) he cant cope, how peterbrough can seriously ask 5 million is beyond me.

Guest believe

What tackles and tussles?

For me that is the best i've seen him play though albeit against a league one outfit.

He had a lot of the ball, but would play it sideways or play people into trouble too often.

Id give him 3/10 for that performance.

Tackles and tussles he won in centre of the park, edge of the box always got a foot in and kept possesion for us. 3 out of 10 your a joker pal pathetic comment. I never said he was out of this world, just one of our better players on the night and done nothin wrong and the things he does well goes unoticed.

Archived