IGNORED

City V Rovers Reserves

Port Said Red

A good turn out at the gate to see City reserves beat a very experienced Rovers team 4-1

The Rovers team could almost have been their first 11 only a month ago.

Clarke

Uddin

Bryant

Hodges

Quinn

Williams

Haldane

Tait

were the names I recognised.

City scored first through the apparently prolific Gillespie a cool finish taking down Freezers cross/shot before putting it away. This was Citys third effort on target, Caskey had a 30 yard free kick saved and Freezer had a shot saved at the base of a post.

City sat back a little after that and the Rovers got back into it just before half time when Woodman got pulled out of position on the left and Williams scored from a through ball.

In the second half Goodfellow (playing on the left) really got going and he and Gillespie combined well to set up Gillespies second.

A slick City move and good work by the triallist Scott Brown set up Goodfellow for the third.

The fourth came from a superb 60 yard pass by Clayton Fortune which Gillespie controlled beatifully before hitting a great angled finish.

Ratings well.

Brown (the keeper) had little to do.

Ryan Harley (RB) looked good, came forward well.

Sekani Simpson had Haldane in his pocket.

Fortune wanted to play football too much and looked surprisingly weak in the air, wasted at centre half

Woodman,(LB) seems to have lost it a little.

Scott Brown (RW) excellent strong enough good skill, good brain. Sign Him!

Caskey played well as you would expect at this level, somebody has definitely cut off the supply of pies as well he's about 7 pound lighter. Had to run the midfield on his own really as the other triallist......

Gleeson had a 'mare.

Goodfellow on the left great going forward always a threat, no defensive work though.

Lita, pretty poor really easily brushed off the ball, the ball bounced away from him a lot. Maybe he has got a little stale ^_^

Gillespie. MOTM. Would have been Freezer on another day but this lad looks the part, tall enough without being lanky good control brought others into the game etc. but all his finishes looked good. Not just a goalscorer either won the ball well in the air and on the ground. SIGN HIM NOW!!!! Before one the local North West teams tempt him away.

Marvin and Joe did OK as subs and Loxton should some good touches when he came on for Caskey.

Rovers were well, poor really. But if I have to make a concession it would be that it was still 1-1 when they took Bryant off (he had been booked) but it's no wonder that Osman had to bring in 5 players to keep them out of trouble.

Was Simon Bryant ######?
Well he got stuck in and as I say we scored three after he was subbed so.... He got booked for saying something to the ref in then was probably lucky not to be sent off. He was by no means their worst player.

Saab Driver, Gillespie looks class, I know I have only seen one game but 7 goals in three games tells its on story. The winger Brown might be worth a deal as well. I would say there were 3-400 including the City first teamers behind the goal.

We have first option on him, if that's worth anything when it comes to the crunch.
I read that too Edson, but you know how things go. I was just worried that if a team like Tranmere Oldham or even Crewe or Preston, came in for him he would be a lot nearer to home. ;)

That's assuming that he like's the Liverpool area of course. ^_^

Archived