IGNORED

City's Squad

chowie

Getting concerned about our squad being on the lite side now. If you take out the loanees, Ribs injury and assuming Keogh's not coming back that's just 22 players available for selection. Now GJ does not need a large squad as it showed last season, we were joint bottom (with Cardiff) in the players used league with 26 players used through the season. But 22, with 3 keepers in that not enough for full competition for places, but we do have some utility players. If you add the other injures at the moment, Elliott, Walker, Murray only leaves 19 available for selection v Derby.

What do you think? Loans, statements from GJ in past says he's not a fan, but we did have the farce of the emergency loan system that others took full advantage of. New Signings?

I totally agree,Take a look at the midfield at the minute looks very week during the summer city have cleared out two in russell and carle but nothing has been done to replace them.

What if either skuse or johnson gets injured on sat with elliot having problems with his knee wheres the cover in that department?yes theres noble but hes not a ball winner, creative and gd on the ball but city need bite with elliott out we havent got that energy.

Over all its a solid squad but its the midfield that city need to provide service to the strikers.we don't want maynard dropping into midfield to pick the ball up he should be in the box?

I feel if elliotts not back we will be cut open.

Last season it was about the strikers situation but if johnson doesnt get anybody in before the end of august it could all the talk of we need a new midfielder!

I totally agree,Take a look at the midfield at the minute looks very week during the summer city have cleared out two in russell and carle but nothing has been done to replace them.

What if either skuse or johnson gets injured on sat with elliot having problems with his knee wheres the cover in that department?yes theres noble but hes not a ball winner, creative and gd on the ball but city need bite with elliott out we havent got that energy.

Over all its a solid squad but its the midfield that city need to provide service to the strikers.we don't want maynard dropping into midfield to pick the ball up he should be in the box?

I feel if elliotts not back we will be cut open.

Last season it was about the strikers situation but if johnson doesnt get anybody in before the end of august it could all the talk of we need a new midfielder!

Don't know about being cut open , I think the midfield is quite strong once Elliot is back and Williams pushing for a weekly place .It is good that we have competition for places in there to keep all on their toes . On another thread I thought the defence looked short if we were to pick up another 'carey esqe ' injury which was again long term .

There are various solutions to your view , how about Trundle playing behind say Adebola and Maynard in a pushing midfielder role leaving say Johnson / Elliot to sit in front of the back four ( was it Venables who used the diamond term ) ?

Some deft touches to set the forwards up would be a great asset if used . :blush::phone:

Don't know about being cut open , I think the midfield is quite strong once Elliot is back and Williams pushing for a weekly place .It is good that we have competition for places in there to keep all on their toes . On another thread I thought the defence looked short if we were to pick up another 'carey esqe ' injury which was again long term .

There are various solutions to your view , how about Trundle playing behind say Adebola and Maynard in a pushing midfielder role leaving say Johnson / Elliot to sit in front of the back four ( was it Venables who used the diamond term ) ?

Some deft touches to set the forwards up would be a great asset if used . :blush::phone:

With Ribeno out , Mccombe being cheeky , Mcallister legging it against Crewe and a couple with facial cuts bourne of Olympic finals where is it to end .

On a brighter note Brooker is fitter , Elliot can't be far off the subs bench and we're third .

No more Carey esqe injuries hopefully :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Archived