IGNORED

Sell Out Tomorrow?

rockin-robin

I can't see us selling our 2,000 allocation out, especially with Barnsley & Preston away on the agenda later in the month.

£25 for an adult ticket is not very appealing when you consider the game is on Sky and is a 5:20pm kick off. I paid less for a ticket to go to see us at City of Manchester Stadium last season. You've also got to consider families, how appealing will it be to a family of four at having to pay £80 minimum to visit Ashton Gate, that's before you add in travelling costs, food & drink, programmes etc.

Bristol may only be 2-3 hours away but the travelling costs will be a big factor. Whether you drive, catch the train or go on the supporters' bus, if you're travelling from Derby, it's going to set you back at least £20.

I also think the NUS card discount is unfair as not all students have one and it disadvantages non-students of a similar age who may not be able to justify paying £25 a ticket on their income. It would make more sense to just have a young adult category at all clubs.

I also think the allocation is probably 500-1,000 short of what I expected. But with the prices they are charging, it is no wonder. We wouldn't sell close to 3,000 under the circumstances.

I think Bristol City would profit more from us taking 2,000 or more with cheaper prices than the 1,200 or so I reckon we will take at the prices they are charging now. Empty seats = empty pockets. Big mistake in my eyes.

Our average home attendance last season was the highest since the 1979-80 season. Not sure what benchmark you are using - I'd say a 28-year high was something to shout about personally.

Well_red

Considering our league position i feel we didn't sell out enough. Also not selling our away tickets in the play off semi was quite poor. That said the the support from the people who were there, was top notch.

I can't see us selling our 2,000 allocation out, especially with Barnsley & Preston away on the agenda later in the month.

£25 for an adult ticket is not very appealing when you consider the game is on Sky and is a 5:20pm kick off. I paid less for a ticket to go to see us at City of Manchester Stadium last season. You've also got to consider families, how appealing will it be to a family of four at having to pay £80 minimum to visit Ashton Gate, that's before you add in travelling costs, food & drink, programmes etc.

Bristol may only be 2-3 hours away but the travelling costs will be a big factor. Whether you drive, catch the train or go on the supporters' bus, if you're travelling from Derby, it's going to set you back at least £20.

I also think the NUS card discount is unfair as not all students have one and it disadvantages non-students of a similar age who may not be able to justify paying £25 a ticket on their income. It would make more sense to just have a young adult category at all clubs.

I also think the allocation is probably 500-1,000 short of what I expected. But with the prices they are charging, it is no wonder. We wouldn't sell close to 3,000 under the circumstances.

I think Bristol City would profit more from us taking 2,000 or more with cheaper prices than the 1,200 or so I reckon we will take at the prices they are charging now. Empty seats = empty pockets. Big mistake in my eyes.

I think your spot on there mate, however clubs (including BCFC) can prey on loyal supporters who pay whatever to follow their team. As the game is on sky and the revenue associated with it, I don't think it matters if you bring 1,200 or 2,000.

Nothing on OS saying how many tickets we've sold.

I'll be dissapointed if we don't break the 17,500+ barrier. :englandsmile4wf:

you say that but do you remember the game against sheff utd last year at AG on sky when everyone was expecting 19,000 + because they were a big team on sky and in the end we struggled to get over 13,000. I hope the result is the same however! :city:

Archived