IGNORED

To Usa City Fans

Red or Dead

I'm going to be in the Philadelphia area visiting my girlfriend and daughter but really want to catch the Plymouth and Sheffield Utd games while I'm over there. Anybody in that area know how I can see those games, either in bars or over the Net...?

To early to tell yet, if it's on it will only be on Setanta Sports. Will know about 2 weeks before the game (but saying that tomorrows game was only added yesterday) if you look up Setanta USA they have a list of bars that show Setanta you can search from on the web site. Good luck.

I'm going to be in the Philadelphia area visiting my girlfriend and daughter but really want to catch the Plymouth and Sheffield Utd games while I'm over there. Anybody in that area know how I can see those games, either in bars or over the Net...?

Oh yeah! I've spent the last week looking for pubs which are showing the game, there appear to be quite a few which have satanta sports. Are you going to be in Philadelphia or one of the areas around it? Either way drop me a PM nearer the time, and it would be good to meet up to watch the game with another city fan. Screw all those fans in New York, what are always posting on here, getting my hopes up and all that.

To early to tell yet, if it's on it will only be on Setanta Sports. Will know about 2 weeks before the game (but saying that tomorrows game was only added yesterday) if you look up Setanta USA they have a list of bars that show Setanta you can search from on the web site. Good luck.

Thanks Chowie, didn't think it would be easy trying to watch it! I'll check Setanta and by the time I move out there I hope I find a little bar that shows all the games.

Oh yeah! I've spent the last week looking for pubs which are showing the game, there appear to be quite a few which have satanta sports. Are you going to be in Philadelphia or one of the areas around it? Either way drop me a PM nearer the time, and it would be good to meet up to watch the game with another city fan. Screw all those fans in New York, what are always posting on here, getting my hopes up and all that.

Yeah I've visited the area several times and have found a couple of sports bars that show NFL etc. and a couple of British pubs but no such luck! My girlfriend and daughter live just outside West Chester, PA and we often make trips into Philly. Would be great to watch the game with a fellow City fan, I'm hoping to move out there permanently soon and was dreading the thought of being detached from all the action! I went to a Norwich City-themed pub in New York City and would love a BCFC version in Philadelphia. Are you an ex-pat or an American fan?

Yeah I've visited the area several times and have found a couple of sports bars that show NFL etc. and a couple of British pubs but no such luck! My girlfriend and daughter live just outside West Chester, PA and we often make trips into Philly. Would be great to watch the game with a fellow City fan, I'm hoping to move out there permanently soon and was dreading the thought of being detached from all the action! I went to a Norwich City-themed pub in New York City and would love a BCFC version in Philadelphia. Are you an ex-pat or an American fan?

I'm an ex-pat, just only come over here, and already missing city (reasoning that I wouldn't have traveled up to Blackpool anyway, did little to trick my brain) going to a pub in the King of Prussia area for the game, but from phoning them, it didn't sound much like a football pub, and even less English! Yet to see a pub which looks like it could be football themed, though primarily research shows an invasion by the Irish.

Seems there are a few city fans over here, after wearing a city shirt in the centre, it got recognised by 2 people; both the wives of expats living over here now...so there's the never fading hope that I'll find a Bristolian running a pub; somewhere.

Anyway, I'll get back in touch closer to the times of the games, nice to know another city fan will be around

I'm an ex-pat, just only come over here, and already missing city (reasoning that I wouldn't have traveled up to Blackpool anyway, did little to trick my brain) going to a pub in the King of Prussia area for the game, but from phoning them, it didn't sound much like a football pub, and even less English! Yet to see a pub which looks like it could be football themed, though primarily research shows an invasion by the Irish.

Seems there are a few city fans over here, after wearing a city shirt in the centre, it got recognised by 2 people; both the wives of expats living over here now...so there's the never fading hope that I'll find a Bristolian running a pub; somewhere.

Anyway, I'll get back in touch closer to the times of the games, nice to know another city fan will be around

Good Luck in the colonies City4eva..In the Chicago area we have Redoxo and Luke Jones 2 if you get over this way there are two or three good footy venues and my local in Naperville shows all the footy it can live....Seems there is a gap in the market in Philly/KOP...An investment opportunity perhaps?

I've got several clients at KOP you in pharma?...

anyway there are multiple ways to wtach the match today that I'm sure you are now clued into not least on Setanta BB2

Best Wishes OXO

Good Luck in the colonies City4eva..In the Chicago area we have Redoxo and Luke Jones 2 if you get over this way there are two or three good footy venues and my local in Naperville shows all the footy it can live....Seems there is a gap in the market in Philly/KOP...An investment opportunity perhaps?

I've got several clients at KOP you in pharma?...

anyway there are multiple ways to wtach the match today that I'm sure you are now clued into not least on Setanta BB2

Best Wishes OXO

Thanks,

I managed to catch get the game today, over the internet, do they do that a lot here with changing the times that they're showing the kickoffs? Because avoiding the scores isn't easy with the patience of a kid on Christmas morning (the score was the Christmas present to clear things up)

I'm in pharma, working for Glaxo at the moment up at king of prussia, speaking to a guy today, it seems that's pretty much the only reason you'll find a brit in Philadelphia, if they're working in Pharma. Nice to know there's a decent number of expats in the same boat.

That's cool, I've heard there are some big pharmaceutical places in the area. And you are definitely right about the Irish! Not sure if you have been to Kildare's, it's a bit like O'Neills and they sometimes have Setanta on. If you ever get a chance, check out The Whip Tavern near Coatesville-it's a true Brit experience selling loads of English beers and ciders, scotch eggs, bubble and squeak, bangers and mash...it will make you feel at home seeing Colmans mustard and HP at the table!! A City pub in Philly would be great, although I'm sure they're more interested in their own MLS team for 2010 at the moment. My girlfriend works part-time at the KOP Mall, do you ever get to West Chester much?

Archived