IGNORED

Football & Players.

Rednready

The ST are no longer interested in Football topics in their forum. BB no longer required. Community Hall & Coffee Room ?

I come in here for some footy and the first 12 topics are about,

Badges...Police...Singing...Attendance...Crowd...Radio...Borough... Radio...Fanzine...Chanting...EE...USA Fans.

Then finally an actual post about a BCFC Player or about BCFC Football....About McIndoe !

This forum used to buzz and be alive with topics about our team and our football, it used to be full of interest. Now its full of secondary side issues with many of the better posters of long standing, vanished !

I see their names at the bottom of the page from time to time, they come in for a quick read, but no longer post. The topics are nowhere near the standard they were several years ago. What happened to posts about our squad and our matches.

The ST are no longer interested in Football topics in their forum. BB no longer required. Community Hall & Coffee Room ?

Badges...Police...Singing...Attendance...Crowd...Radio...Borough... Radio...Fanzine...Chanting...EE...USA Fans.

Then finally an actual post about a BCFC Player or about BCFC Football....About McIndoe !

This forum used to buzz and be alive with topics about our team and our football, it used to be full of interest. Now its full of secondary side issues with many of the better posters of long standing, vanished !

I see their names at the bottom of the page from time to time, they come in for a quick read, but no longer post. The topics are nowhere near the standard they were several years ago. What happened to posts about our squad and our matches.

According to Dolly on another thread, 'the trust is concentrating the website on other things' but no mention what they are, maybe swapping knitting patterns.

I agree with you but it stems from all this "in GJ we Trust" stuff and is going a little to far in my opinion. The man's record is almost second to non as far as Bristol City are concerened. But there is still plenty of room for debate, not least the midfield situation and I will be looking at this area with interest today.

So I'm with you a little football debate would not go a miss, it would be a shame if the team has to start losing before debate starts as that for me that is fickle, and not encouraging a decent discussion just becuase we have a quality manager is not healthy.

That is why people miss the likes of Bristol Boy becuase whether you agree or not he always lit the blue touch paper.

There's been topics about pretty much every position on the pitch pretty much every week. Nothing's really changed in the last couple. We won, didn't look great but there's not much squad depth so there's no real arguments over selection. It doesn't help that forums are generally a negatively arena and well things are very positive at City. Forums are for spleen venting, and there's no built up sleep pressure at the minute.

The midfield thing is...McIndoe's quality..anyone disagree? No, Lee Johnson's been done to death..but nothing in that situation has changed..what's the point of discussing it 2 games into a new season where nothing new has happened? Cole Skuse..topics on him after both games and before...Elliott's injured..but again I don't think anyone would say a word against him...right wing...well we're giving our new signing time to do what GJ says he will..that IMO makes a nice change! What we're doing for the perhaps first time in my otib experience is actually being the tinyest bit patient with our team.

Another point about the lack of perceived activity I'd guess is that all the similar topics are being merged (HUZZAH!!) and Boring Boys ones would simply get merged into the exact same topics covered by others yet he couldn't be bothered reading :P

The point being on that front regarding the fourm..nothing new has happened, and we're still winning so there's not much to say. There's still massive interest in the forum as things like the Meteb deal showed..but that was new and exciting..continuity and continued success well isn't!

So if you want a better forum wish for a worse bcfc, i'd rather have it the other way round though!

If Rob Hulse scrambles in an 89th minute winner after a poor performance on an evening Sky match watch the forum light up, especially after pub kicking out times.

There are relatively few topic starters who provoke good debate and then return to argue their point through - we certainly miss BB and Arny who invariably opened up interesting discussion and often on a daily basis too.

Apart from that many people are on holiday or not fully back into "football season mode" yet.

We haven't been losing so everyone is reasonably content (although we're not looking convincing either. :unsure: )

Little room for team picking discussion as with our small and injury hit squad the team more or less picks itself.

Transfers have gone quiet even though the squad clearly needs more numbers, but there's only so many times you can say that. :noexpression:

The Forum often goes through quiet/dull spells for no particular reason but invariably livens up again. It'll doubtless get going again as the new season provokes new interest and topics of discussion.

There are relatively few topic starters who provoke good debate and then return to argue their point through - we certainly miss BB and Arny who invariably opened up interesting discussion and often on a daily basis too.

Apart from that many people are on holiday or not fully back into "football season mode" yet.

We haven't been losing so everyone is reasonably content (although we're not looking convincing either. :unsure: )

Little room for team picking discussion as with our small and injury hit squad the team more or less picks itself.

Transfers have gone quiet even though the squad clearly needs more numbers, but there's only so many times you can say that. :noexpression:

The Forum often goes through quiet/dull spells for no particular reason but invariably livens up again. It'll doubtless get going again as the new season provokes new interest and topics of discussion.

Good points Nogbad, Topic starters are usually opinionated, how dare they have an opinion. Being retired, holiday's eluded me, I'me always on holiday. If GJ dares to pick any team but my team, he's a cockny wannabee. LJ should never have been signed, we already have short ball boys. Now we need Keogh, where is he and Basso would have saved Derby's goal, but Weale's better positional sense saved two that Basso would have let in,[ thats believable ].

Hows that for some ongoing aggro. By the way..."Love the hat ".

Archived