IGNORED

Man Of The Match Today

kristian444

Just out of interest, does anyone have any views on the man of the match? I know Wilson had a great game, but my choice would have been Cole "Gattuso" Skuse because he was all over the pitch.

I just wondered what it is that people rate highest; passion, skill, positioning, work rate, hairstyle...?

Skuse was pretty impressive today, but in the end couldnt make up for the distribution problems of his midfield team mate. Wilson was excellent if you ask me, and the guy who decided the man of the match, and never lets the club down. Its kind of a shame he doesnt get more of a look in, but with the way our injuries are going presumably he might get more in the next month or so.

I did think Wilson was quality when he came on, Skuse was good in the first half and then faded away in the second half. He was equally as good as Savage but then in the second half Savage won everything against him. Carey didn't put a foot wrong as per, I was disappointed today though with McIndoe but I just think he wasn't able to compete agaisnt a class RB in Tyrone Mears.

Well done Brian Wilson showed passion , committment and plenty of skill.Also considering we had a right back at centre half , I thought we did well.As for dissapointment dare I mention the taboo subject of Lee Johnson.Again the minuses outweighed the pluses and poor Cole Skuse tackeld for two.No wonder he tired in the second half.How fans said we missed him last season is beyond me.

Its strange watching games and have such different views on it, against a side there for the taking, Johnson overall game was shocking, Skuse at most was average with Wilson being by far the best City player on the pitch. Central mid-field needed strengthening before the season and with Elliot injured we're lacking the necessary quality. In my opinion of course.

Lee Johnson had a shocker I know, but he only started to make really stupid mistakes after his obvious stupid mistake, the goal. After that he really should have been subbed because he had no confidence left. People seem to be saying he was poor for the whole game, but the moaning only started after Derby equalised (scapegoat!).

My shout goes for Jamie McAllister. Especially for one particular challenge when he had three Derby forwards breaking agaist him and he timed his challenge perfectly. Closely followed by Brian Wilson - Very underated. Sorry to say it but a certain midfielder (Not Skusy) had another nightmare. we really missed him after Hendersons attempt to decapitate him last season, but against Peterborough and again today he looked well below par. It was almost as though he was scared stiff of Savage.

My shout goes for Jamie McAllister. Especially for one particular challenge when he had three Derby forwards breaking agaist him and he timed his challenge perfectly. Closely followed by Brian Wilson - Very underated. Sorry to say it but a certain midfielder (Not Skusy) had another nightmare. we really missed him after Hendersons attempt to decapitate him last season, but against Peterborough and again today he looked well below par. It was almost as though he was scared stiff of Savage.

I am a fan of Jamie Mac, but his distribution and positioning looked poor today.

I thought McCalister had a mare at times interlaced with some good bits. Maybe it was just me.

This goes to show how opinions and views of the game differ. I thought McAllister was poor today, often caught out of position, poor distribution and given a tough time in the 2nd half by Commons. Considering Wilson had a makeshift centre half inside him, I thought him and Orr were excellent. As for LJ, I'm a fan of his, massively, but even I am going to struggle to defend him tonight. All I will say on the issue is that's two games in a row that cheaply surrendered posession by Lee has cost us a goal.

I thought MacAllister was easily our best player for the fist 30 mins and was alright after. Wilson was very good and Williams had a decent first half.

For me Skuse was much the same as always - very average and quite frankly not a patch on Elliot.

In my opinion, we need a new CB (pretty obvious now) and a proper ball winner as a backup/competition for Elliot.

On reflection, I can't believe that Vasko wasn't signed on.

1.Jamie McAlister - simpley brilliant

2.Brain Wilson - came on and did a superb job, always wanted the ball, made some great tackles, and looked to get forward at every opportunity

3. Chris Weale - an unbelievable save towards the end, and did what he had to do with minimal fuss. May be a bit dissapointed with the goal though

In all fairness Lee Johnson did have a shocking second half, but i thought he had a really good first half and i feel sorry for him sometimes, even though he made an absolutley ridiculous mistake, but LJ will bounce back.

I think wilson proved today he is more than capable of filling in at right back for orr, and also i thought brad did a good job being drafted in as a centreback.

lot of pluses from todays game, if we play like we did first half wel do well again this season. only possible bone of contention is for all our dominance we didnt create many clear cut chances.

IMO Williams and Noble are class but neither are wingers, Sproule is too raw and needs to massively improve his allround game before he can be in contention for starting birth.

Would love to see a centreback/leftback come in for cover, and a first choice right winger before the close of window.

I thought was Wilson was outstanding. Orr is not a centre back - he did ok considering, but left Hulse with a lot more room to play in than McCoombe had. Carey had a stunning game marshalling a makeshift defence.

Skuse was fine in the first half, but not a patch on Elliott, he was very poor in the second half.

LJ did seem to lose confidence after his howler, but not as bad as some would make out.

Wilson & McIndoe seemed to get most things going, although the Derby full back did have the better of McIndoe.

The Derby goal was a tale of two errors. The first one was a poor decision and execution by Johnson to make a first time pass and take the easy option when he must have had a shout of "time" (if you are going to take the easy way out then why not whack the ball in row Z). Then a very average shot beat our keeper at his near post - I though Weale looked solid apart from that one lapse in concentration. Perhaps he will claim he was unsighted?

Unfortunately I can see Weale possibly losing his place for a lapse in concentration whereas the player who has now gifted the opposition two goals in a week, was poor on the ball today, cannot shoot, rarely picks out a killer pass and pulls out of ten tackles every single match will undoubtedly be a shoe-in for the next forty four games because Noble is out of favour and we have no other options.

Yes, I am frustrated (and I agree with GJ in terms of who would have thought that from a draw with Derby a couple of years ago) but the source of my frustration is simple - we are one good creative midfield player and one commanding centre half away from being play-off certainties (minimum) in my opinion. That creative midfield player could yet be Williams, who showed "others" how to weight a quality pass when setting up Wilson to cross for the goal, when he is fully fit but does anyone honestly see him being given a go in centre midfield?

The Derby goal was a tale of two errors. The first one was a poor decision and execution by Johnson to make a first time pass and take the easy option when he must have had a shout of "time" (if you are going to take the easy way out then why not whack the ball in row Z). Then a very average shot beat our keeper at his near post - I though Weale looked solid apart from that one lapse in concentration. Perhaps he will claim he was unsighted?

Unfortunately I can see Weale possibly losing his place for a lapse in concentration whereas the player who has now gifted the opposition two goals in a week, was poor on the ball today, cannot shoot, rarely picks out a killer pass and pulls out of ten tackles every single match will undoubtedly be a shoe-in for the next forty four games because Noble is out of favour and we have no other options.

Yes, I am frustrated (and I agree with GJ in terms of who would have thought that from a draw with Derby a couple of years ago) but the source of my frustration is simple - we are one good creative midfield player and one commanding centre half away from being play-off certainties (minimum) in my opinion. That creative midfield player could yet be Williams, who showed "others" how to weight a quality pass when setting up Wilson to cross for the goal, when he is fully fit but does anyone honestly see him being given a go in centre midfield?

don't hold back now, say what you feel.

don't hold back now, say what you feel.

I'm not a serial LJ basher like some. And I would love it if he was the best player on the park week in week out. But I do believe that when a player is being repeatedly sloppy and costing the team goals and possession then other options need to be looked at. I am not saying we should stick him on the transfer list or he should never play for the club again - but I do believe that two sloppy games in a week merit the consideration of Noble or Williams in the middle of the park alongside Skuse (assuming Marvin will not be match fit even if he overcomes his injury) when we go to Coventry next week.

I think Wilson getting it was fair enough, several last-ditch tackles which if wrongly executed could have seen us lose. Weale was also good, apart from the goal which I think he should have done better with. I thiink to drop him based on that would be harsh, as he's been otherwise excellent.

Agree that Williams looked far more comfortable in the centre, though he did put in a couple of decent crosses in the 1st half. Brooker also pepped us up when he came on, and should start next week whether Dele is fit or not.

Skuse understandably tired, as he ended up having to do the work of 2 central midfielders once Derby equalised, as Lee Johnson visibly wilted. Johnson was decent up until that point, but should have been subbed after as the confidence drained from him and he began giving the ball away.

I'm not a serial LJ basher like some. And I would love it if he was the best player on the park week in week out. But I do believe that when a player is being repeatedly sloppy and costing the team goals and possession then other options need to be looked at. I am not saying we should stick him on the transfer list or he should never play for the club again - but I do believe that two sloppy games in a week merit the consideration of Noble or Williams in the middle of the park alongside Skuse (assuming Marvin will not be match fit even if he overcomes his injury) when we go to Coventry next week.

I would say Weale was unsighted was right at the front of goal and he couldnt see it until the last minute and he did try to save it but couldnt get there. The ball shouldnt have been lost in the first place and was a bad ball to give away. Until that point we controlled the game. Funny we had alot more posession than Derby but didnt use it enough to create the second goal to kill off the game.

Just out of interest, does anyone have any views on the man of the match? I know Wilson had a great game, but my choice would have been Cole "Gattuso" Skuse because he was all over the pitch.

I just wondered what it is that people rate highest; passion, skill, positioning, work rate, hairstyle...?

Wilson was supurb me thinks but Mcallister was'nt far behind .

I thought Brian wilson deserved to be man of the match today he played brilliantly today. I was worried when they put him of when McCombe went off injured but when he did come on i was very impressed. His set up for Nicky Maynards goal was good and also his pace and tackles he made we're also good. Although i like Cole Skuse he does sometimes make me feel nervous when he's in the team just because of his experience. Hopefully he will get better as the games goes on and i my confidence in him will grow too. McIndoe was a bit quiet today up to what he usually is but with the work rate he normally puts in i can't complain. The only thing that has dissapointed me about GJ selection is him not giving David Noble a chance. I think that with the problem with marvin Elliott being injured he may of got a chance but not seen him make a appearence at all.

TBH I don't think any players really stood out for me today and don't think any of them really deserved the MOTM award. All of them were average really at best overall. Orr should be given some credit for playing in a position his is not familiar with. Although I am still not 100% that it was the best decision to put Orr there.

I did think Wilson was quality when he came on, Skuse was good in the first half and then faded away in the second half. He was equally as good as Savage but then in the second half Savage won everything against him. Carey didn't put a foot wrong as per, I was disappointed today though with McIndoe but I just think he wasn't able to compete agaisnt a class RB in Tyrone Mears.

Carey didn't put a foot wrong?

I thought it was Carey who lost the ball out on the touchline in the Derby half when trying to waltz past 3 Derby players. Next thing Derby are counter attacking with Carey out of position and eventually scoring - albeit after a mistake by Johnson.

There should have been no need of it and I don't know what Carey was playing at.

Archived