IGNORED

Players

Guest churchill gaffer

Guest churchill gaffer

This is not a panic!

But we knew before the season started, that we needed another Center Half!

We only had 3 at the start of the season. Gorkes was available at £250,000. And we did nothing, and he's gone.

Sproule, I've had enought of him now. He can't cross a ball, all he has is speed. (But can somebody remind him he needs to take the ball with him!)

Elliott, I can't wait for him to get back. It is so obvious what a great player he is!

I now fully expect a new center half this week. whether it be a loan or buy.

Come on City, action to be done NOW!

I'm off to Coventry next week, but I have no faith in us getting a result without Elliott and a new center half.

Yes the results have been OK. But how long is this going to last?????

This is not a panic!

We only had 3 at the start of the season. Gorkes was available at £250,000. And we did nothing, and he's gone.

Sproule, I've had enought of him now. He can't cross a ball, all he has is speed. (But can somebody remind him he needs to take the ball with him!)

Elliott, I can't wait for him to get back. It is so obvious what a great player he is!

I'm off to Coventry next week, but I have no faith in us getting a result without Elliott and a new center half.

It's not a panic is it?!

Is that why you've ended nearly every sentence with an exclamation mark?!

Sproule looked really good today!

He dribbled with purpose and crossed it pretty well!

If you have no faith, can I have your ticket?!

It's not a panic is it?!

Is that why you've ended nearly every sentence with an exclamation mark?!

Sproule looked really good today!

He dribbled with purpose and crossed it pretty well!

If you have no faith, can I have your ticket?!

I agree with that. I thought he ran at them and made himself a problem.

Sproule made some good runs but could've made a couple of simple passes but instead tried taking it on and lost the ball which was frustrating.

I agree we need another central defender, can we get James Wilson back from his Brentford loan?

This is not a panic!

I'm inclined to agree.`Letting Carle and Vasco leave with no replacements is beginning to look like a mistake. In the EP today Gary is talking about another striker. That is the one position where we have adaqute cover.

We are obviously needing a centre half.

However, our best 2 players at the end of last seasons - and the 2 players who did more than most to get us into the final - were Noble and Trundle. Unfortunately it seems that as they weren't ex-Yeovil players they do not figure in this seasons team. Today, we were crying out for someone to hold the ball and create , particularly second half - but were lacking such a player.

Not early season panic, but an urgent request to play the best players.

I thought Sproule was pretty effective when he came on. Williams just seemed to disappear in the second half.

We are missing Elliot. Skuse isn't good enough as a straight replacement. Noble would have been very useful in the second half, especially as LJ was having a very poor game.

although sproule always excites off the bench i don't think he will be anything more than an impact sub.

when we don't have the ball he is lightweight, positionally unaware and IMO a bit of a liability. Even when he has the ball the only thing he can do well is run into open space, he never looks like he has the ball under control when hes dribbling past opposition.

great when you need a 20 minute gamble for a goal, but lacks any kind of tactical discipline to fit into a first 11

williams looks a great player but clearly seems to favour playing inside. nobes is the same. right wing is still a problem for me, not a desperate one, but something i would like to see addressed.

I thought Sproule was pretty effective when he came on.

Is that some sort of sick joke? He was horrific today, he didnt even look quick, and when you take away that from his game, he really has absolutely nothing to give.

I'm really not a big fan of his anyway, as I am of the theory that no matter how much purpose you look to have when running with the ball, if you can't actually pass, win aerial balls or cross, you shouldn't really be playing for a championship football team as a winger. Just a thought.

This is not a panic!

Bit harsh, only one game, ALWAYS BELIEVE

Is that some sort of sick joke? He was horrific today, he didnt even look quick, and when you take away that from his game, he really has absolutely nothing to give.

I'm really not a big fan of his anyway, as I am of the theory that no matter how much purpose you look to have when running with the ball, if you can't actually pass, win aerial balls or cross, you shouldn't really be playing for a championship football team as a winger. Just a thought.

thats the point i was trying to make earlier, LouieDane has done a better job than me.

sproule is all gas, no class

Can we get Murray to have some one on ones with Sproule please? We do however need to remember that Murray didn't come good straight away. It just seems to me that Sproule has no end product really like Murray had.

personally I feel when he came on, Sproule started fantastic, made a few good mazy runs which resulted in him being fouled, then later on put in a few EXCELLENT crosses, however concerningly he then ran out of steam......

I do feel the start of this thread is VERY MUCH a knee jerk reaction following a draw against a team who were fairly decent and in the prem last season...

He was horrific today

My opinion is that someone that comes on to the pitch and runs through a couple of people (taking the ball with him) on the edge of the area is a massive asset. The defenders resort to fouling him because they're unsure, like they did today (McIndoe needs to work on his free kicks, though).

When Sproule ran past a bunch of Colchester players and scored, he was fantastic. When Sproule attempts the same thing and gets tackled, he's terrible.

When he actually does what he's meant to do as a winger (run down the wing and put in a decent cross) no-one seems to notice, saying that he can't cross when really they need to look at the strikers and the opposition defence.

Sproule's not bad, he's just inconsistent.

Rant over.

You were obviously watching with blinkers. He ran and took the ball with him and won a free-kick on the edge of the box within 2 mins of being on. He put over at least two good crosses and most importantly he presented a threat down the right side of the pitch was virtually non-existent for all the second half. He actually did some defensive stuff too if you'd had cared to look.

Sometimes Sproule's runs will come off and other times not, but my guess is that someone over the Summer has told him to keep running at players regardless.

My opinion is that someone that comes on to the pitch and runs through a couple of people (taking the ball with him) on the edge of the area is a massive asset. The defenders resort to fouling him because they're unsure, like they did today (McIndoe needs to work on his free kicks, though).

When Sproule ran past a bunch of Colchester players and scored, he was fantastic. When Sproule attempts the same thing and gets tackled, he's terrible.

When he actually does what he's meant to do as a winger (run down the wing and put in a decent cross) no-one seems to notice, saying that he can't cross when really they need to look at the strikers and the opposition defence.

Sproule's not bad, he's just inconsistent.

Rant over.

Spot on there mate. Sproule is a player who runs at players and puts defences on the back foot - exactly what full backs don't want to be facing. Sometimes he may not get passed his man and sometimes he will. Sometimes he'll get a good cross in, sometimes he wont. However, the threat is there and defences have to think more when he is playing. A succesful team will always have wingers that run at full backs.

The problem with Sproule is his decision making. He is such a "heads down" player that he ocassionally doesnt look up to see what options he has. It always easier to see options from the stand.

You were obviously watching with blinkers. He ran and took the ball with him and won a free-kick on the edge of the box within 2 mins of being on. He put over at least two good crosses and most importantly he presented a threat down the right side of the pitch was virtually non-existent for all the second half. He actually did some defensive stuff too if you'd had cared to look.

Sometimes Sproule's runs will come off and other times not, but my guess is that someone over the Summer has told him to keep running at players regardless.

Firstly, I'd like to point out that winning one free-kick is not really a decent return for 20 minutes of football. If it was Bas Savage would be a superstar.

It was, in fact, one good cross which mcindoe missed because it was slightly too high, and one cross that went very low and fast across the face of the goal, which was easily cut out by the defender at the front post, as all crosses low and fast across the front post will be in the championship. These crosses are dramatic, but this does not mean they are good.

I know that it is good for him to be running at people, but you can't get go past people JUST with pace, and when he knocks it past people he rarely gets it again because he isn't very strong. This is particularly frustrating when there is less than ten minutes left and a deep cross would be perfectly adequate.

As for the guess that Gary Johnson would want him to run at people, I'm not sure this is true because Mcindoe, Maccalister and Orr (the main suppliers of crosses) tend to favour putting in an early cross from deep as opposed to going to the byline first, so I think Sproule's decision making is more at fault than the management's.

Also, at championship level everyone must do hard defensive work, so saying that he did this work is a positive, although true, is slightly irrelevant. I'm not questioning his work rate, fight or intent, as these are all admirable qualities that he possesses. However, I just don't think it's enough, we need someone who can do more.....

Mcindoe, Maccalister and Orr (the main suppliers of crosses) tend to favour putting in an early cross from deep

McIndoe doesn't. He runs down the channel, does ten stepovers to try and get it onto his left foot and either wins a throw in, gets in a late cross or passes it to McAllister, who then crosses from deep.

In my view he does exactly what Sproule does, but with more thinking involved. He also gets caught by full backs when chasing the ball, something that rarely happens to the whippet on the right, but the overall contribution outweighs that.

On the subject, it says a lot about the quality of the SPL that a lot of Sproule's goals for Hibs came when he was playing through the middle, yet when he did that for us he was shocking.

I'm inclined to agree.`Letting Carle and Vasco leave with no replacements is beginning to look like a mistake. In the EP today Gary is talking about another striker. That is the one position where we have adaqute cover.

I do not agree it showed up yesterday we need another striker. If we are going to be a threat this year we need at least one more midfielder and a center half. Letting carle go was a good move, a Midfielder that plays 20 games with out scoring is not good

I do not agree it showed up yesterday we need another striker. If we are going to be a threat this year we need at least one more midfielder and a center half. Letting carle go was a good move, a Midfielder that plays 20 games with out scoring is not good

Johnson one last season in about 40 games ?

Firstly, I'd like to point out that winning one free-kick is not really a decent return for 20 minutes of football. If it was Bas Savage would be a superstar.

It was, in fact, one good cross which mcindoe missed because it was slightly too high, and one cross that went very low and fast across the face of the goal, which was easily cut out by the defender at the front post, as all crosses low and fast across the front post will be in the championship. These crosses are dramatic, but this does not mean they are good.

I know that it is good for him to be running at people, but you can't get go past people JUST with pace, and when he knocks it past people he rarely gets it again because he isn't very strong. This is particularly frustrating when there is less than ten minutes left and a deep cross would be perfectly adequate.

As for the guess that Gary Johnson would want him to run at people, I'm not sure this is true because Mcindoe, Maccalister and Orr (the main suppliers of crosses) tend to favour putting in an early cross from deep as opposed to going to the byline first, so I think Sproule's decision making is more at fault than the management's.

Also, at championship level everyone must do hard defensive work, so saying that he did this work is a positive, although true, is slightly irrelevant. I'm not questioning his work rate, fight or intent, as these are all admirable qualities that he possesses. However, I just don't think it's enough, we need someone who can do more.....

Totally agree with that.

I'm not normally one to openly criticise players but Sproule really winds me up! For a player with his pace you'd think that when we've got the ball in the middle of the pitch he'd be running down the wing ready to receive it and put a cross in. Instead he often stands square thus slowing down the flow of play...

Also, did anyone else notice that deep into stoppage time when we had our last attack of the game Sproule was WALKING up the pitch? This resulted in Johnson picking up the ball near the corner flag and putting a cross in. Surely this is where Sproule should have been? If LJ can get there having played 90+ minutes I'm sure Sproule should be able to make it...

It's really bloody frustrating watching him...

Archived