IGNORED

Keogh

no1cityfan_tucks

Berbatov does the same at Spurs at the moment but still gets in the side. Keough is a good quality player.

Skuse is not an able replacement, and Wilson cannot be recalled (which is a HUGE shame).

berba is still under contract though, and his transfer discussions seem to have muted over recent days

• Admin
Just interested as it would be a bit unusual - unless there is a clause for one month loans ?

GJ won't call him back anyway, and if he is playing as well as their fans are saying then he's right - let him get confidence and game time under his belt rather than sitting on the bench deputising for Fontaine.

As I understand it, there is no recall option in a months loan, if the loan is extended, then a 24 hour recall clause can (and usually is) put in.

As I understand it, there is no recall option in a months loan, if the loan is extended, then a 24 hour recall clause can (and usually is) put in.

I think you are right there..

If I was in Keoghs position, I think I would be wanting a meeting with GJ now and apologising for being a complete plonker. A bit of grovelling and trying to sort a contract out may give him the chance to show us how good he is..

Where is it stated that Wilson cannot be recalled ?

Anyway, he won't be as GJ stated that he isn't ready for Championship football just yet and needs games at Brentford to help him get to that stage.

It's in the rules of all loans for outfield players, that's where.

I think you are right there..

If I was in Keoghs position, I think I would be wanting a meeting with GJ now and apologising for being a complete plonker. A bit of grovelling and trying to sort a contract out may give him the chance to show us how good he is..

even if he did come begging, Johnson relented and Keogh did sign a contract.......it's still going to take him a while to get back to match fitness.......considering it's keogh, I'd imagine Riberio will be back quicker

I wonder how long we'll hold out waiting for a fee? As each day goes on, he becomes a less and less attractive option. I would agree that there's absolutely no chance of him playing for us again - too much water under the bridge, and GJ is hardly the type to go seeking him out in order to make amends (not a criticism in this instance).

As much as I'd like to see him back playing for us, it is very unlikely due to the circumstances.

Yes, we can definately say Gary Johnson doesn't want him back but can we say Keogh doesn't want to come back?

Does anyone think the problem could be resolved if Richard came back to City knocked on GJ's door and apologised?

Does anyone think the problem could be resolved if Richard came back to City knocked on GJ's door and apologised?

Probably not, but it wouldn't hurt.

Even if he did, and Johnson accepted it, Keogh would be nowhere near the side because:

a)He's weeks away from being match fit

b)Johnson wouldn't let him get near to the team for weeks in any case - imagine Keogh saying sorry and Johnson putting him in the team on Saturday. Johnson is not somebody to mess with, as Keogh has found to his cost. Sadly for him, he'll probably end up in league one and will have had his career set back by a few years.

Love how some people think he is still part of the club. His contract ran out in the summer and he chose not to renew so his employment with us is done.

The Man In Black - We are not paying his wages at all. He is no longer with the club. There for no contract to breach.

windmillhillred - Its not is holding out for a fee he can join who he wants its just that if Bristol City and the new club don't agree compensation (as with all players under 24 in this position) then a tribunal sets the compensation.

Probably not, but it wouldn't hurt.

Even if he did, and Johnson accepted it, Keogh would be nowhere near the side because:

a)He's weeks away from being match fit

b)Johnson wouldn't let him get near to the team for weeks in any case - imagine Keogh saying sorry and Johnson putting him in the team on Saturday. Johnson is not somebody to mess with, as Keogh has found to his cost. Sadly for him, he'll probably end up in league one and will have had his career set back by a few years.

The Sags are well known for the odd City reject or 2 down the years are they not?

Maybe one more will be on there way to the dark side.

The Man In Black - We are not paying his wages at all. He is no longer with the club. There for no contract to breach.

Are we absolutely sure that this is the case?

Since we still hold his registration I would expect that we would still need to be paying him in order to hold onto it, otherwise we would have to revoke it so that he could freely move elsewhere.

Anyone in the know on youth contracts?

Are we absolutely sure that this is the case?

Since we still hold his registration I would expect that we would still need to be paying him in order to hold onto it, otherwise we would have to revoke it so that he could freely move elsewhere.

Anyone in the know on youth contracts?

He didn't sign his contract so we're not paying him. We aren't entitled to hold onto his registration, we are just entitled to compensation from the club he signs for.

There is no 'avenue for return' - nor should there be. He's had more chances to build bridges than you would normally expect from GJohnson. It's a shame because abilitywise he had the potential to be the best defender in the club and had been really impressive. He's believed his own publicity, thought he'd made it already, been badly advised, is a bit naive, whatever? Forget him, he's forgotten us - if he ever gets another club we'll get a few quid for him - end of story.

Archived