IGNORED

Why Not Skuse At Cb

Chivs

...when McCombe got injured?

I think, with hindsight, the Derby result was excellent considering the makeshift defence we ended up with.

However, we could have replaced McCombe with Skuse who I thought was touted at CB. Wilson could come onto the right midfield and let Williams, who prefers the centre, play in the, errr, centre.

A good team should always build from the back and my suggestion gives the least disruption to the defense.

Perhaps Johnson wanted more "bite" in the middle with Skuse and Johnson rather than Williams and Johnson?

...when McCombe got injured?

I think, with hindsight, the Derby result was excellent considering the makeshift defence we ended up with.

However, we could have replaced McCombe with Skuse who I thought was touted at CB. Wilson could come onto the right midfield and let Williams, who prefers the centre, play in the, errr, centre.

A good team should always build from the back and my suggestion gives the least disruption to the defense.

Perhaps Johnson wanted more "bite" in the middle with Skuse and Johnson rather than Williams and Johnson?

what was wrong with how GJ played it?

if we had moved CS to centre back, wilson wouldnt of been striding down the wing from right back to set up maynards goal.

and their goal came from a simple mistake, which could of happened regardless of who was at centre back.

thought the same at the time, but in fairness Skuse was having a blinder, and we didn't want to weaken the defensive side of midfield by moving williams inside....

if Elliott had been available then Skuse would have been pushed back without doubt, personally I almost prefer him at Centre Half than in midfield, I remember his City debut and he was excellent in that position.

Carey and Skuse in defensive would be very good.......plus the added bonus of Skuse's pace would be a match for most forwards at this level.

Carey and Skuse in defensive would be very good.......plus the added bonus of Skuse's pace would be a match for most forwards at this level.

Pace aint really important for a centre half unless your pushing up to the half way line.

We need a first man ball winner and that aint Skuse, Carey, Orr, Fontaine, Riberio or any other defender we have at the club.

We need a scary giant who will put in the headers and challange the forwards and beat the crap out of them.

• Admin
Skusey's a versitile player and can fill that role if needed, but he aint an out and out centre half and will admit that himself.

but he played there in pre-season when McCombe and Fontaine were injured, it looked like he was going to be there at the start of the season before the two got fit

Archived