IGNORED

Winning At Half Time

Gaffer

On an aside from all this Lee Johnson debate, did anyone notice that it was the first time for well over a season that we'd been leading at half time and did not go on to win the game?

On our promotion season, we led 16 times at the break and won 15.

Last season, we won every game we were leading at half time.

Maybe this is the reason that Saturdays draw felt like a defeat.

So, why were we so sloppy after halftime on Saturday?

We have mental problems. We've not been up for 3 halves of football out of 6 so far this season.

I don't know what the hell is going on, but we have to up it very soon because so far we've played the team favourite to go down, a recently promoted league one side and a team utterly lacking in confidence who we took the lead against then let back in.

It's the single most concerning thing for me, our attitude, our mental strength which has been so so good recently looks from the start of the season not to be there.

We've 2 wins and a draw and i'm feelign negative after going into the season very positive. Coventry will beat us well if we don't up our game IMO

On an aside from all this Lee Johnson debate, did anyone notice that it was the first time for well over a season that we'd been leading at half time and did not go on to win the game?

On our promotion season, we led 16 times at the break and won 15.

Last season, we won every game we were leading at half time.

Maybe this is the reason that Saturdays draw felt like a defeat.

So, why were we so sloppy after halftime on Saturday?

The stats on sky on sat night said that...... city hadnt lost a game in 7 years when leading at half time, not necessarly winning the game

I would love to no if thats home games and it really is 7 years!!

We have mental problems. We've not been up for 3 halves of football out of 6 so far this season.

I don't know what the hell is going on, but we have to up it very soon because so far we've played the team favourite to go down, a recently promoted league one side and a team utterly lacking in confidence who we took the lead against then let back in.

It's the single most concerning thing for me, our attitude, our mental strength which has been so so good recently looks from the start of the season not to be there.

We've 2 wins and a draw and i'm feelign negative after going into the season very positive. Coventry will beat us well if we don't up our game IMO

no. we have lost 3 of our 4 centre backs to injury. the goal was scored in a zone normally covered by Liam or Jamie.

too early to panic, its a marathon not a sprint and all sides just settling down into their rhythm for the season. lets see how we are doing after 10 games.

we need defensive cover but I am sure we will find some through loan or signing soon enough.

Man U drew 1-1 at home with a 'crap' team yesterday but you won't find them panicking just yet..

no. we have lost 3 of our 4 centre backs to injury. the goal was scored in a zone normally covered by Liam or Jamie.

too early to panic, its a marathon not a sprint and all sides just settling down into their rhythm for the season. lets see how we are doing after 10 games.

we need defensive cover but I am sure we will find some through loan or signing soon enough.

Man U drew 1-1 at home with a 'crap' team yesterday but you won't find them panicking just yet..

Exactly, its a marathon not a sprint. We will have a better guage of how we are doing after 10 games. Anything around 15-20 points on the board will be a tremendous start.

We need to time our run so that we are there or there abouts with 10 games to go.

The stats on sky on sat night said that...... city hadnt lost a game in 7 years when leading at half time, not necessarly winning the game

I would love to no if thats home games and it really is 7 years!!

I've heard this, although i assume that's just our home games. For 4 of those 7 years we were hardly solid at the back, so i doubt that can include away games too!!

I'm not panicking, i'm one of the happy clappy it'll come good brigade. I'm of the opinion that mentally so far we look weak and that we haven't played well for a large proportion of the season.

I think coventry have started well, look confident and the couple of fans I know of theirs say they're buzzing. I think we need to improve to beat a good team on good confidence. That's not exactly panicking.

What was very noticable last season, was that we would either start awful and then come out after 'a hand grenade' or we would start well and then capitulate and be battered for the entire 2nd half.

More often than not with the latter, we would have clung on to the 3 points, might not get away with it this year.

Archived