IGNORED

Atmosphere Before Home Game

westred1

At Ashton Gate we all know where most of the singing fans are; Eastend, Atyeo upper middle and upper left, upper Dolman.

Most of the time all these places are singing but not singing at the same time making it sound quiet to other parts of the ground.

So why not ,to get the fans going and singing together, get Dave L to start us off with 'We always believe' before every game and get the crowd going?

Okay, I know we have 'Come on you Reds' before every game but wouldn't it make Ashton Gate more of a fortress if we sang something with meaning and scared the opposition players before they've even kicked a ball?

its also hard to get anything going before kick off because of teh bloody music. why is it so loud? i cant even hear myself think

it's a shame that it takes a moment on the pitch to spark a bit of atmosphere with city fans, a bad tackle, a good tackle or a goal. anything that the club can try to get things going in the gate would be welcomed.

tbh i don't think the eastend has helped the rest of the ground atmosphere wise, all the singers have disapeered and now its just quiet in the dolman and attyeo, it must be amazing to have an away game atmosphere in the eastend for every home game though

Have to agree that canned music is spoiling the match build-up these days.

I don't understand why they can't switch the music off just before the teams come out and let the crowd scare the opposition!

Never liked music at football games.

I could be wrong, but I'm sure the club tried this one game last season or the promotion season, with no pre match music, and it simply didnt work and they immediatly returned to playing the music, so i would guess the fans have missed their chance with this one!

I could be wrong, but I'm sure the club tried this one game last season or the promotion season, with no pre match music, and it simply didnt work and they immediatly returned to playing the music, so i would guess the fans have missed their chance with this one!

It was the Burnley game. In response to several requests we turned the music off ten minutes before kick off and the atmosphere went as dead as the Gas's promotion hopes. It's not an experiment I am keen to repeat. I know some people don't like music before a game, but I actually believe it helps with the singing, as most people feel inhibited by silence. They are more likely to join in if there is some background noise. As for the East End, although it might seem like you can't be heard above the music, I can assure you that from where I was standing by the player's tunnel you could be heard loud and clear.

It was the Burnley game. In response to several requests we turned the music off ten minutes before kick off and the atmosphere went as dead as the Gas's promotion hopes. It's not an experiment I am keen to repeat. I know some people don't like music before a game, but I actually believe it helps with the singing, as most people feel inhibited by silence. They are more likely to join in if there is some background noise. As for the East End, although it might seem like you can't be heard above the music, I can assure you that from where I was standing by the player's tunnel you could be heard loud and clear.

In the east end it feels like you are battling the PA System though, the music that was being played on Saturday was not background noise.

At Ashton Gate we all know where most of the singing fans are; Eastend, Atyeo upper middle and upper left, upper Dolman.

Most of the time all these places are singing but not singing at the same time making it sound quiet to other parts of the ground.

So why not ,to get the fans going and singing together, get Dave L to start us off with 'We always believe' before every game and get the crowd going?

Okay, I know we have 'Come on you Reds' before every game but wouldn't it make Ashton Gate more of a fortress if we sang something with meaning and scared the opposition players before they've even kicked a ball?

Good idea but not the 'We Always Believe' chant, Its dull and slow and cringeworthy, need to sing somethign with a bit more balls!

Sorry to disagree Dave but I don't believe that the music played before the game has ever added to the atmosphere unless it is used to encourage singing. It is the singing that creates the atmosphere. From the Atyeo all that could be heard was a half hearted attempt at raising a song. This was drowned out by the music over the tannoy and it was impossible to hear anything from home or away fans in the East End.

I agree the Burnley experiment was not a success but I believe that the singing before the game would build if given a chance. There is no atmosphere before the game at the moment just loud music.

Good idea but not the 'We Always Believe' chant, Its dull and slow and cringeworthy, need to sing somethign with a bit more balls!

its loud and epitomises what the club is about, i'd say its the best song we have. each to there own. drink up mthe cider is a great tune, but awful for football cos we sing it tooo quick

its loud and epitomises what the club is about, i'd say its the best song we have. each to there own. drink up mthe cider is a great tune, but awful for football cos we sing it tooo quick

Not everyone sings at 9000miles a hour. If sung properly it is great, everyone needs to learn at what speed to sing songs at. Singing fast does not help the atmosphere, take the antewerp game for example, they could have sang the same song forever just because they sing nice and slow.

you know what I think?

that we should arrange an evening/pre match session for singing practice. Free entry for all, JLC and the wurzels on the tannoy to compare and put something back into the club and get everyone used to singing their hearts out.

all the old songs distributed via the forum prior to the night.

those Royal Antwerp fans were awesome and if you go there they all arrive well early before the game to get into their singing.

(thinking on it though it might be a problem for the dolman lot though as they don't usually turn up till 10 mins after everyone else starts....)

Are the songs that are played just before the teams walk out chosen on the basis of what fans can sing along to though? I reckon that could make a difference.

Archived