IGNORED

Makelele....

Ian M

• Admin

OK I've got money on Chelski to win but that was just wrong. Nikos gives him a "tap" on the back of the head, Claude takes a couple of steps forward, looks up at the ref then goes down like he'd been shot. The most pathetic piece of acting I've ever seen, so wooden even Eldorado would have cringed at having him on their staff.

• Admin
It was appalling, almost as bad as Rivaldo at the 2002 WC. Makelele tapped the guy first, then when he gets it back he launches into a ridiculous dive, things like that are ruining the game.
....and just when I was feeling sorry for Monaco, Morientes "does a Beckham" and angrily kicked out at Scott Parker, escaping any cards whatsoever. Did you guys see the look on his face when he kicked him? ^_^

Right, so Nikos has gone and Morientes hasn't....sounds like their luck has evened things up*

*it'll get too complicated if I start to wonder if Morientes would have kicked out if Nikos hadn't been sent off, or in fact even been in that area of the pitch at that precise moment ;)

• Admin
yeh but put al that aside.. how much is Veron worth now.. any one consider swapping him with a bag of sweets i think not.. #### ##### ####
Rushed back too soon from injury. You'd have thought with all the money Chelsea have spent that they'd have had other options available.

Rushed back too soon from injury. You'd have thought with all the money Chelsea have spent that they'd have had other options available.
Thy could have played Joe Cole, but chose to play that useless git instead.

makelele is a disgrace.

i also hope that piece of crap french central defender gets a hefty ban as well.

If it were me handing out the ban i would give him a 7 game suspension, 1 straight red for the punch on morientes, 1 straight red for the elbow just after and a 1 game ban for having the cheek to further disgrace his side for applauding the sending off after Makeles' blatant dive.

I was thinking he got it backwards , Makelele should have gotten the red card and the other guy the yellow. At least he'll be out of the return leg. I'd guess that Desailley may be as well on video eveidence. Morientes probably should have been sent off as well. But it made me happy they lost after that dive. well done to Monaco to go for it even though they were down a man (not that Chelsea didn't play like they had 9 players with Huth and Veron just standing around)

The guy would have been sent off whether Makalele had gone to ground or not. You cannot raise your hands, or strike an opponent in European football and expect to get away with it. Makalele's reaction was appalling but it didn't cause the sending off.

The guy would have been sent off whether Makalele had gone to ground or not. You cannot raise your hands, or strike an opponent in European football and expect to get away with it. Makalele's reaction was appalling but it didn't cause the sending off.
Then give them both red cards. Makelele had basically done the same think playfully slapping the monaco player.

speaking of I guess you can't poke people with your foot either or you get sent off.

Then give them both red cards. Makelele had basically done the same think playfully slapping the monaco player.

speaking of I guess you can't poke people with your foot either or you get sent off.

Not sure you can be sent off for "simulation" :D maybe a yellow is all the ref could give :dunno:

Not sure you can be sent off for "simulation"  :D  maybe a yellow is all the ref could give  :dunno:

Yep, yellow.

In my book, the ref played it right by what he probably saw. Makelele got a yellow card for simulation - an act that was designed to deceive the ref. But he didn't need to do it - if the ref saw the Monaco player 'slapping' him then that is an instant red for violent conduct off of the ball.

There is no way that you can only be booked for an off the field incident like that - whether it was a hard slap or not. The rules say 'strike or attempt to strike', not "gave another player a ruddy great whack"

Archived