IGNORED

Lee Trundle!

swansea_jack

Hi Lads,

There is a very strong rumor down here that Trunds is coming back to us on a season long loan with a view to it becoming permanent! and as he is now 4th choice here with you he does not want to be kept on the bench as he's not getting any younger,is there any news your end about this? Found out from a very close source of his that he asked to brought back to us last season but not sure what happened with it all in the end???

Thanks lads.

Wouldn't suprise me as he wasn't even on the bench. Played for the reserves though.

Thing is, you guys keep saying about these rumours, it's abit tiresome.

ummm, he's been on the bench for the last 2 games? :blush:

his chance will come this season......

Yeah i know what you mean,would love to see him back down with us though! he'll always be a legend here :innocent06:

Cant see it to be honest atleast not until January, but by then wouldnt surprise me if he has more of an impact on are season, as GJ seems happy with the strikers he got at the moment!

Wouldn't surprise me and good luck to him IF it does happen. I think Trundle made a mistake coming here and it is credit to him that he gets his head down and gets on with it.

That is a good point Neo.

Bit like Betsy, model pro and people that have met the guy have only good things to say about him. Would love it to work out for him here.

With jason scotland coming the other way :fear:

Jason Scotland scored 29 goals for us last season, but to be honest, he's got nowhere near the talent that Trunds has. Also, he signed for us just before Lee left us for Bristol City, and then ended up tagged as Trunds' replacement, a hard task when you realise how big a hero Lee was with The Swans. The fans have never taken to him in the same way as they did with Lee.

The situation which you have at Bristol with Lee, is very much like our own when we signed Darren Way from Yeovil. Way was a hero at Yeovil, and took us apart with his skills on the many times which we played them. He signed for The Swans, and after spending most of his time either injured, or on the bench, returned back to Yeovil in the close season.

Poor Lee, I know his sister quite well

Thing is he did so well near the end of last season, he's started slow again, but please support him. He takes time for us fans, comments on myspace, facebook etc. He loved his time at Swansea, but is now at City, he will get in the team again in a good place.

don't send him back GJ

Hi Lads,

There is a very strong rumor down here that Trunds is coming back to us on a season long loan with a view to it becoming permanent! and as he is now 4th choice here with you he does not want to be kept on the bench as he's not getting any younger,is there any news your end about this? Found out from a very close source of his that he asked to brought back to us last season but not sure what happened with it all in the end???

Thanks lads.

Would be great if it was true.

Terrible return on investment (regarless of 'that goal').

Cut our losses and bring in someone decent.

Its a shame to see him sitting on the bench here, possibly slightly out of his depth in the championship, when he could be sh*ttinig all over league 1 defences and playing with the technique and flair that made him a god at swansea and a hero to all budding showboaters everywhere.

hes 31 now and not getting any younger, granted like old ted sheringham he doesnt rely on pace so no reason to think he cant play on towards 35 if he wants, but i think he should move if he cant break into team by xmas.

He is an absolute legend off the pitch and has reacted admirably to being dropped for extended periods when he surely thought he would be a reg starter when he came here.

It must be remebered that swans are in the championship aswell now with 4 good strikers and some would argue better strikers than us. martinez may well be happy with his new look swans squad and not really want him back.

NOTE - hes prob our top earner aswell (or close to it), can we afford to have a top earner who isnt first 11 and potentially is rated 4th choice behind brooker??? wouldnt a fee and the freed up wage budget make more sense.

not knockin trunds, he is a lower league legend and massive fans favourite, just seems a move may be best for all parties IMO???

Archived