IGNORED

Megastore / Online Shopping

SnozRobin

I was looking to buy my son a new City kit for his 6th birthday, with a name and number on the back (McIndoe, 11).

As I wanted some printing, this was not an option to have it done on a matchday, so I couldn't get this done at the Derby game. I am also unable to get across to the shop during the week due to work commitments. I therefore concluded that I'd look to just order it online. However, when I went to order I noticed that there was nowhere that you could claim the 10% season ticket holder discount and ridiculous postage costs (about £7 from memory).

I phoned the megastore to see how you could go about claiming the 10% discount on-line (worth about £6 for a full childs kit) and was told bluntly I'd have to come into the shop - nothing could be done on-line - goodbye. Very helpful!

This leaves me with the option of going out of my way to get across to the ground on a non-matchday or paying approx £13 more to buy on-line (postage plus loss of discount). In this modern/computerised era, you'd think that it would be possible to add a field on the on-line ordering form to insert your ST number and automatically qualify for the discount. Alternatively, get someone in to print shirts on matchdays.

I know we've recently had this debate, but why do the club shop seem so keen to prevent people from spending money/having an enjoyable shopping experience?

The only thing I can think you could do is to buy the shirt with number and name online. Pay the full whack for it but make sure you print the confirmation/receipt off.

Then on a matchday go into the shop with your online receipt, show your voucher, explain what you have done, and ask for them to refund the discount back onto your card?

If they have any sort of customer service in the shop this should be no problem.

• SC&T Board Members
I was looking to buy my son a new City kit for his 6th birthday, with a name and number on the back (McIndoe, 11).

As I wanted some printing, this was not an option to have it done on a matchday, so I couldn't get this done at the Derby game. I am also unable to get across to the shop during the week due to work commitments. I therefore concluded that I'd look to just order it online. However, when I went to order I noticed that there was nowhere that you could claim the 10% season ticket holder discount and ridiculous postage costs (about £7 from memory).

I phoned the megastore to see how you could go about claiming the 10% discount on-line (worth about £6 for a full childs kit) and was told bluntly I'd have to come into the shop - nothing could be done on-line - goodbye. Very helpful!

This leaves me with the option of going out of my way to get across to the ground on a non-matchday or paying approx £13 more to buy on-line (postage plus loss of discount). In this modern/computerised era, you'd think that it would be possible to add a field on the on-line ordering form to insert your ST number and automatically qualify for the discount. Alternatively, get someone in to print shirts on matchdays.

I know we've recently had this debate, but why do the club shop seem so keen to prevent people from spending money/having an enjoyable shopping experience?

If you have time before your son's birthday, I suggest you send the shop your order by post, enclosing a cheque for the correct amount (after your ST discount), plus, say, £1 for p&p. Few retailers will turn money down when it's right there in front of them. The worst that can happen is that you get your cheque sent back.

The only thing I can think you could do is to buy the shirt with number and name online. Pay the full whack for it but make sure you print the confirmation/receipt off.

Then on a matchday go into the shop with your online receipt, show your voucher, explain what you have done, and ask for them to refund the discount back onto your card?

If they have any sort of customer service in the shop this should be no problem.

Ummm.....customer service????

Great point about pre-printed shirts. All children these days want a name of their favourite player on the back and I'm sure the club would sell more and make more money this way.

If you have time before your son's birthday, I suggest you send the shop your order by post, enclosing a cheque for the correct amount (after your ST discount), plus, say, £1 for p&p. Few retailers will turn money down when it's right there in front of them. The worst that can happen is that you get your cheque sent back.

The appropriate discount voucher sent with the cheque should be the deal clincher.

Archived