IGNORED

Change The Record Phillps

Bristolface

Ohh Phillips change the record about getting dropped from Bristol Citys X1,

He is on now with Scott Murry and they have city and gas fan's phoning in, every time Phillips get's the chance he goes on about loosing his place for non football matters, quote - I think scott would back me up here, you don't mind loosing ya place if your not playing well, and I was letting them in every week. But to loose it when I was playing well hurt's and things happened that people don't know about. Scott refused to get dragged in on the matter.

Ohh scott your kid's are funny on the Radio, when Sam Masson said, So Steve, Scotts kids shouted OHH Steve Brooker, and asked phillips why he wore gloves ha ha ha

Ohh and he just added that once Bristol Rovers get their new staduim they will be up there challenging Nott's Forest in the Championship, ohh you gotta love the fellow live's in his own world, well at least everyone knows you there hey Steve. More like Forest Green you muppit

Saw a sadsag on saturday night, and the first thing he said to me was, "we need a new keeper"!!!!!

It's the same story with the sags at work. None of them like him, and one of the things that get them the most, is whenever they concede it's always someone elses fault!!!

Surprisingly though, they also don't like the way he doesn't command his box, and sticks on his line!!!

here we go again :fastasleep:

what a plonker. he's not bitter though, he has obviously let it go and moved on. :disapointed2se: yep, he was dorpped for entirely non football reasons (notts county anyone??) and he is so good that he has played almost his entire career in the bottom two divisions.

There may have been off field reasons -as well - BUT I do recall that he was dropped because he had a spell of letting in a few soft goals from long shots from outside the box that he should have done better with.

Phillips is unfortunately - a complete plank, and everytime he speaks out about BCFC he just confirms how right GJ was to ship him out and Basso in.

CR

Saw a sadsag on saturday night, and the first thing he said to me was, "we need a new keeper"!!!!!

It's the same story with the sags at work. None of them like him, and one of the things that get them the most, is whenever they concede it's always someone elses fault!!!

Surprisingly though, they also don't like the way he doesn't command his box, and sticks on his line!!!

Funny that as Flapper was just saying how he loves the support he gets from the Gas head's, really does live with the blinkers on then, What was funny about his radio Bristol spot was he used any call in to talk about how he felt hard done by, and scotty who let's face also doesnt get picked to play didn't say a thing, well thats the diff between a model pro and a ?

I will always remember Flappers testimonal at Clevedon, I only went to watch Jacki one more time. And after my mate said to Flapper in the Bar so did you let that goal in then because your joining Rovers, to which Flapper replyed well I don't Know anything about Rovers wanting me, But GJ has said I will be 3rd choice, I mean what have I done to be dropped ?

Answers on a post card for that one

here we go again :fastasleep:

what a plonker. he's not bitter though, he has obviously let it go and moved on. :disapointed2se: yep, he was dorpped for entirely non football reasons (notts county anyone??) and he is so good that he has played almost his entire career in the bottom two divisions.

The one that sticks in my mind was against Swindle. A speculative overhead kick, from outside the box, drops in over his head. I still cannot understand how that went in.

The one that sticks in my mind was against Swindle. A speculative overhead kick, from outside the box, drops in over his head. I still cannot understand how that went in.

What season, because I believe Basso let in a similar goal against Swindon in his first ever game for us.

non-footy reasons?...in his eyes maybe.......personally I felt it was basically he had bad attitude towards his team-mates and was playing like clown.....

what sums it up for me, is since Rovers got promoted, Rovers fans now have gradually started calling him flapper as well.

What season, because I believe Basso let in a similar goal against Swindon in his first ever game for us.

April 2004 I think - Fallon scored it - Swindle fans reckon it was the greatest goal they've ever seen but I thought it was rubbish.

Flapper is a part of our more forgettable past. A reality check is indeed required. Do you think he recorded his moment of glory against West Brom last season? Do you think he watched it back and cheered every moment of his brilliance as much as I did? I don't mind arrogance from anybody if they can back it up. He is just obnoxious and Childish.

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when Mr Johnson sorted out that dressing room.

I used to think Phillips was a quality shot stopper and a decent goalkeeper over all, but since he left us his performances seem to have deteriorated for the Gas as they did with us once he had assumed the number one jersey and he's let in some clangers. As for all the stuff regarding him 'throwing his toys out the pram' I think he really disgraces himself due to how he is still winging about it. Maybe their number 2 Mike Green will replace him soon and he can go and perish at Bath City or somewhere more befitting for his stinking attitude like Big Brother.

The overhead kick by Fallon was just a freak strike, and I doubt that many keepers would ever have got near it. The real culprit in that game was Lee Miller, hitting the post with a header from close range, when he had an open goal, 2 points that ultimately cost us promotion.

We might have the start of a team here. They are called the 'Hard Done Byers 11'

In goal we have Flapper Phillipps

In Central Defence its Dickie Keogh

And The Cog in the middle of the park its.. The Tinman.

Up front its Ciderheader Stewart

Well, thats my starter for 10... lets make up the team and a few subs to boot,. whos next?

The overhead kick by Fallon was just a freak strike, and I doubt that many keepers would ever have got near it. The real culprit in that game was Lee Miller, hitting the post with a header from close range, when he had an open goal, 2 points that ultimately cost us promotion.

Having been a keeper and to a good standard (just outside league level), I would say he should have done a lot better with it - it was a looped ball from outside the box and he failed to move his feet.

We might have the start of a team here. They are called the 'Hard Done Byers 11'

In goal we have Flapper Phillipps

In Central Defence its Dickie Keogh

And The Cog in the middle of the park its.. The Tinman.

Up front its Ciderheader Stewart

Well, thats my starter for 10... lets make up the team and a few subs to boot,. whos next?

Hang yer head in shame

How the hell does the Legend Tinnion fit in with the other trio??

Just checked out Fallons goal on YouTube, and blaming Phillips is incredibly harsh.

Not impressed with the 'hard done by' bit. Tinnion was a legend as a player, but perhaps not such a great Manager. Stewart was just a signing that did not work out. Not sure with Keogh, but he now has a chance of a fresh start, so good luck to him. He always seemed a decent player and never let us down when picked. As for SP, far from the worst keeper ever to wear the City shirt, just wish he'd stop moaning.

Hang yer head in shame

How the hell does the Legend Tinnion fit in with the other trio??

cos, although he was a great lower league pro, when he was ( stupidly)

put in charge, he failed miserably, cried like a baby, then moaned afterwards :disapointed2se:

Guest DR DICKNOSE
Just checked out Fallons goal on YouTube, and blaming Phillips is incredibly harsh.

Not impressed with the 'hard done by' bit. Tinnion was a legend as a player, but perhaps not such a great Manager. Stewart was just a signing that did not work out. Not sure with Keogh, but he now has a chance of a fresh start, so good luck to him. He always seemed a decent player and never let us down when picked. As for SP, far from the worst keeper ever to wear the City shirt, just wish he'd stop moaning.

Personally i always thought he was a half decent keeper(if you took away his kicking abilities!)

but the way the blokes gone on since his move to the scum,

hes basically just done no favours to himself at all.

the man is a c**k.

Archived