IGNORED

Bristol Rovers V Iraq

CiderEagle

May 18th, Memorial Ground - the Gas are playing a "goodwill friendly" against the Iraq National Team.

Who do you want to win and why?

Personally, as one of the PC liberal lefties on the forum, I'd love to see the Black Arabs get stuffed. (that doesn't really sound right, I know ^_^ )

But, particularly aimed at those of you who don't share my political views (no worries there, free country and all that), there must be a conflict of interests here. How do you resolve it ?

Seriously, I might go and see that one...

And obviously I'd love to see the Iraqis win

You have to feel sorry for them... their everyday life is pretty depressing at the moment, they dont get to see any decent football and they've had a madman in charge for as long as we can remember...

Yes, you have to feel sorry for the poor gas-heads, but I STILL want the Iraqis to win !

Guest gastillidie
Should be a pretty even game,
Even game!? I am pretty sure Iraq are rated higher than scotland & wales! I know we are good but not that good! :P

Anyway its been cancelled so I guess we will never know!

Guest eviltaxman

Got to be an Iraqi win... after all, they haven't really won much lately :P

I've checked the current FIFA rankings.....

England 10th

USA 11th !!!!!!!!!

Irish Republic 15th

Iran 17th

Iraq 45th

Congo DR 61st

Scotland 62nd

Oman 64th

Wales 66th

Malawi 107th

N Ireland 115th

My scoreline prediction...... Gas 1 Iraqi queen's own Guard 5 :dunno:

Guest eviltaxman

I read the bit in the Evil Post about security fears....... This sounds like management talk for "we don't want to get beat!"

I've checked the current FIFA rankings.....

England 10th

USA 11th !!!!!!!!!

Irish Republic 15th

uhoh get to defend the USA's ranking....

we did win our continetal cup, 1/4 finals of the world cup, Win 90% of games in our region (that being said only Mexico and Costa Rica are any good) And if I remember Fifa really only count positive results so as long as we beat Mexico a couple times a year it really boosts the rankings (we seem to play Mexico every month if they play along the border California or Texas they can draw 80-100K fans a game).

In some regards 11th might be a bit low, then again we can't win in Europe...

Archived