IGNORED

Whats The Story? (merged)

Lack of Action Man

The first 15 minutes were fairly even but once Dele muscled their keeper out of the game we were always on top.

Coventry did come into it a bit in the second half and Basso had to be alert on a couple of occasions.

Johnson Jnr got caught in possession a couple of times but thankfully Coventry didn't have enough to take advantage of it.

Great goal from McIndoe after the Cov defence parted for Dele to set him up and Brooker put the icing on the cake.

The great thing is, we thrashed the top of the table side, and we didn't play to our full potential.

Happy Days.

Didn't get to go to the game but listened on radio Bristol and am eager to know how we did from those who were there.

:englandsmile4wf:

We played well without really excelling ourselves. The key things for me today is how strong we looked at the back against potent oppostion and our ability to take chances when they come along. Two improvements on last season for me. Albeit we switched off right at the end of the first half and nearly gifted them a way back in to the game which was like tha city of old. Overall a solid display and if you asked me to name a man of the match i couldn't as every one of them played very well.

The performance today was outstanding,the whole team was a joy to watch.

The goal keeping,the defending,the midfield,the strikers were outstanding.

Never in a million years expected a result the same as last year.

Cov fans who I spoke with on the way back to the car thought we were better than last season.

Early days but we are going to be there or there abouts.

Well done GJ and the players.

It sounds like LJ played well today too. I was critical of his performance and lack of willingness to tackle last week (which I stand by) but it sounds like he put in a confident display today and I for one am happy about that. Once GJ puts ANY player in a red shirt I want that player to do well - regardless of whether I rate that player or how well/badly I think they performed last week. So well done LJ and the other 13 who contributed to a very impressive win today.

I think we, as fans, are perhaps starting to see that we really do have a decent team to support. All the people (from opposition clubs) who dismissed us as just being lucky last season may have to change their tune if we can keep this up over the next few months. There is nothing lucky with having the majority of the possession AWAY FROM HOME and coming out 3-0 winners.

Was there today and that was brillant Adebola Maynard looked fantastic as did the rest williams looked better and put in some good passes Basso was Basso need i say more and brooker goal was exelant as was Mcindoe and Adebola

injoyed it as always :city:

Was there today and that was brillant Adebola Maynard looked fantastic as did the rest williams looked better and put in some good passes Basso was Basso need i say more and brooker goal was exelant as was Mcindoe and Adebola

Williams?

Williams didn't play.

Williams ?????

basso

orr carey fonts jamie

wilson lj skuse macca

dele nicky

subs : weale webster ivan trunds brooks ..

or did i drink to much before kick off ??

:noexpression:

Did Williams play??

Thought it was quality today. If we can play like that every week we'll be there or thereabouts.

Weale didnt deserve to lose his place but Basso had a very good game.

Johnson/skuse worked together well again. Mcindoe looked back to his best and dele/maynard partnership is improving every game. As for Brooker, the blokes a genius, seems to find so much space and time for himself.

Keep it up boys :englandsmile4wf:

It sounds like LJ played well today too. I was critical of his performance and lack of willingness to tackle last week (which I stand by) but it sounds like he put in a confident display today and I for one am happy about that. Once GJ puts ANY player in a red shirt I want that player to do well - regardless of whether I rate that player or how well/badly I think they performed last week. So well done LJ and the other 13 who contributed to a very impressive win today.

I think we, as fans, are perhaps starting to see that we really do have a decent team to support. All the people (from opposition clubs) who dismissed us as just being lucky last season may have to change their tune if we can keep this up over the next few months. There is nothing lucky with having the majority of the possession AWAY FROM HOME and coming out 3-0 winners.

LJ did play well today and did what he always does in playing good balls to advancing players and neat passes to players in space. I was a great defender of LJ last week on this forum but even i have to say he gave the ball away in the first half and nearly cost us a goal and gave a needless free kick away at the start of the second half on the edge of the area which is not on. Both caused by him switching off and trying to play a neat ball when it wasn't on. However i don't want to turn this into another LJ thread and the performance today deserves all the attention. I have to be honest in saying that i didn't think we hit top gear today and that there is more to come from this team. In the process we will prove that we are a team to be reckoned with and not some bunch of chancers that muddled their way to the play off final last year.

LJ did play well today and did what he always does in playing good balls to advancing players and neat passes to players in space. I was a great defender of LJ last week on this forum but even i have to say he gave the ball away in the first half and nearly cost us a goal and gave a needless free kick away at the start of the second half on the edge of the area which is not on. Both caused by him switching off and trying to play a neat ball when it wasn't on. However i don't want to turn this into another LJ thread and the performance today deserves all the attention. I have to be honest in saying that i didn't think we hit top gear today and that there is more to come from this team. In the process we will prove that we are a team to be reckoned with and not some bunch of chancers that muddled their way to the play off final last year.

LJ has to be one of the worst tacklers I have ever seen in football. Thankfully we don't depend on that part of his game. What he does well is making himself available to receive from most positions and keep the ball moving. He's also starting to break forward a bit more. IMHO he did well today as usual - like everybody else. If points were awarded for work rate and team spirit we'll be promoted by Christmas. What a great bunch of players we have!

:city::city::city:

I think he ment Wilson.

I'm no LJ fan but I thought he was good today apart from a few dodgy first half passes.

All in all we did very well- a few big moments went our way like the Basso save and that meant we were able to win comfortably. Coventry will do much better this season than last and on another day it might have been close. As it happens we love the Ricoh and can't seem to stop winning their :)

Oh and Wilson had a good game I though. Some vey good headers at the back at crucial times in the 2nd half.

Guest MaloneFM
How did wilson play?

Never mind him, what about Williams? Did he stay home or go shopping with the wife? Maybe watched the Olympics?

What happened?

Archived