IGNORED

Official Transfer Deadline Thread

cityed

Watson an unused substitute for Palace, still available. A player who can head well, tackle well and has scored 10 goals from midfield in a season. He could be the difference for us, will cost some serious money, but he's young and like Maynard a good investment for the future.

As mentioned in June, when Palace came in for Carle, GJ agreed to the sale, but should have suggested Carle + half a million for Watson. Anyway, thats out the window, but Watson is still sitting on the bench and available.

I think what we paid for Maynard would do the job, and imo would be a great investment and put us where we want to be.

We have strength between the sticks and across the back. We have an improving front four and all we need is a powerful goal scoring midfielder along side Elliot and I believe we can get the job done.

Its just one week, come on SL/GJ give us Watson, the last club in the bag.

Would imagine he'd cost 2-3 million hes clearly fell out with Warnock though an looks as if their looking to get rid. Maybe a cheeky bid on deadline day may tempt Palace an we might be able to get him at a cut price maybe even a loan deal with option to buy? No doubt would be an excellenet signing one of the best players in the league IMO an would be more than capable of playing Premier League football should we get promoted.

Would imagine he'd cost 2-3 million hes clearly fell out with Warnock though an looks as if their looking to get rid. Maybe a cheeky bid on deadline day may tempt Palace an we might be able to get him at a cut price maybe even a loan deal with option to buy? No doubt would be an excellenet signing one of the best players in the league IMO an would be more than capable of playing Premier League football should we get promoted.

I think it would be cheaper than this. He's only got a year left on his contract so Palace will want to cash in.

1.5m would probably do it, that was the price banded around when QPR and Fulham were interested. Would be an excellent signing but would he want to join us? I would say probably not.

I remeber saying to my mate he looked like a real bit of young english talent when I saw him in the play offs and then he missed a penalty! Would love us to poach him though. I think perhaps 1.8 million should secure him to us, palace would earn back the fee for Carle instantly so they might even be tempted with less. He would probably come to us if he had the right mentality and commitment and doesn't play for his former club before completing his transfer! :rofl2br:

Watson would be a brilliant signing - seems QPR have lost interest and I don't know of any Premier League clubs looking at him...so I don't see why we couldn't put a cheeky bid in for him

Even if he is a ginger

Worth a bid for that alone! :wub:

I'd love us to go for him, a real replacement for Carle (sorry, but so far I don't think that's Williams). It would show just how serious we are this season to build and strengthen. I thought he wanted to stay around London though. And also I think we missed our chance as like others have said we could have made him a part of the Carle deal.

does anyone else see this thread turning into some sort of emad thread where the fans begin to demand we sign watson?

i cant see him being interested. the coventry fans have proved that outside of bristol people still see us as a small club despite us knowing we are good enough to challenge at the right end of this league, so i doubt watson would see bristol city as an exciting proposition.

i could see him coming on loan to get seen again, but i doubt GJ would sign him on loan as he demands commitment.

no doubting how good he would be along side marvin, but that calibre of player will most probably not be coming here untill we actually get promoted.

why would people suggest players?

this is a forum, it does not affect the views and/or goals of the management of the club.

we arent interested in watson.

we most probably will not be signing anybody. by suggesting things, silly people start to believe the suggestions like you have with watson! and that leads to people getting disappointed. and may lead to these disappointed people moaning about a lack of vision when we never intended to break the bank on someone like watson

just a thought

does anyone else see this thread turning into some sort of emad thread where the fans begin to demand we sign watson?

i cant see him being interested. the coventry fans have proved that outside of bristol people still see us as a small club despite us knowing we are good enough to challenge at the right end of this league, so i doubt watson would see bristol city as an exciting proposition.

i could see him coming on loan to get seen again, but i doubt GJ would sign him on loan as he demands commitment.

no doubting how good he would be along side marvin, but that calibre of player will most probably not be coming here untill we actually get promoted.

I don't think anyone will be ever carried away after Emad, I think lessons were learnt all around, or hopefully they were.

However, this is a Football Forum and there is nothing wrong with commenting about players who have caught your eye and the fact you would appreciate them coming here, and debating on such.

As for attracting players here, it's got to be easier now than it's ever been, unless they are purely chasing the £££'s maybe, but we don't want them anyway! Currently we are 3rd placed in the Championship and building on from a successful season last year. We have a solid fan base, new training facillities and plans for a new stadium as well as a respected and successful manager and stable Chairman.

Now if that isn't attractive to the type of player Gary wants, and we all know his type by now, then I don't know what is.

why would people suggest players?

this is a forum, it does not affect the views and/or goals of the management of the club.

we arent interested in watson.

we most probably will not be signing anybody. by suggesting things, silly people start to believe the suggestions like you have with watson! and that leads to people getting disappointed. and may lead to these disappointed people moaning about a lack of vision when we never intended to break the bank on someone like watson

just a thought

Theres no need to get aggitated friend. Plus I didn't start this thread I agreed with the original posts on here. We would suggest players because it is also good to know which opposition players we should look at to sign or to beware of when we play them. Plus since this is a fans forum it's pretty obvious we are not going to influence the management since they are proffesionals and are the ones who make the big decisions (in GJ we trust) but it is still interesting to hear other peoples points of view on who is a talented footballer or who would fit into our team.

wasnt getting aggitated, but on this forum things like this thread turn into some sort of uncontrolable beast where fans are convinced watson is coming depsite nobody being interested

I shouldn't worry too much about it. Just think, if it wasn't for this thread the Evil Post wouldn't have their breaking news headline tomorrow! ;)

wasnt getting aggitated, but on this forum things like this thread turn into some sort of uncontrolable beast where fans are convinced watson is coming depsite nobody being interested

Noone said Watson is coming. We are just discussing what a good player he is and how much he is worth.

The uncontrolable beast is the forum. It is nobody's pet opinion barometer.

Since Carles departure, I have mentioned 3 times that Watson should have been approached to come our way. Its an opinion and some fans seem to agree, as for nobody being interested, then we have your opinion. I don't mind, its a freedom, bought and paid for.

Fans will always post their prospective player options, sometimes they are right.

The uncontrolable beast is the forum. It is nobody's pet opinion barometer.

Since Carles departure, I have mentioned 3 times that Watson should have been approached to come our way. Its an opinion and some fans seem to agree, as for nobody being interested, then we have your opinion. I don't mind, its a freedom, bought and paid for.

Fans will always post their prospective player options, sometimes they are right.

Lets hope your right, Watson would be a fantastic signing. He would be the beast in our midfield :)

Archived