IGNORED

Basso's Selection On Saturday

Guest wheres your caravan??

Guest wheres your caravan??

In my view Chris Weale has done nothing wrong to be dropped, but has been dropped because Basso has had a tantrum.

I can see no other reason as to why Weale has been dropped.

Surely this cant see this be the reason??

In my view Chris Weale has done nothing wrong to be dropped, but has been dropped because Basso has had a tantrum.

How do you know Basso had a tantrum?! Surely you don't believe that rumour some guy posted this week...He probably asked why he wasn't playing and GJ said he had a conversation with both of them to try and make them both feel as though they are No.1's.

GJ is balancing it as well as he can. Weale probably could have saved that shot last week and will get his chance again against Crewe.

I think you may have your spelling of injured wrong.

I thought that Basso showed why he is Number 1 yesterday.

What and Weale didnt at Blackpool.

This is going to be a tough one for GJ.

He has to try to keep to of the best keepers in the Championship happy. I don't envy him.

Just to add to what cheese said. Basso IS our No1 `keeper. Are all those that are baffled by his inclusion on saturday of the opinion that the virtually ever-present `keeper last season should lose his regular slot because of a niggly injury and be forced to fight for his place because Weale had one ok 90 minutes. You don`t $*&^ around with the goalkeeper, you play the best available at any given time and if both are fit then thats Basso. It`s unfortunate for Weale but as i stated earlier, if he`s going to get the regular slot it`ll be because of a drop in form by Basso or long term injury.

Besides, i`m pretty certain that Basso is yet to concede a goal when he`s played this season and that`ll do for me.

PDG

Why should Basso be dropped after his amazing performance last year? Weale has a couple of good games - in one of which he makes a massive mistake means that our consistent and best keeper should be dropped. Some people.

I just love the way that everyone is now blaming Weale for Derby's goal last week.

Muppets.

I just love the way that everyone is now blaming Weale for Derby's goal last week.

Muppets.

Totally agree with you mate, Weale and Basso are equally good keepers

I'm sure I read somewhere on the forum that Johnson's policy was if you are playing well you keep your place?

With Basso injured and Weale playing fine surely he could have stayed in until a mistake of Robinson stylings?

Not to worry though since they are both equal I am more than confident with Basso in goal.

Its an awesome place to be if we are in a position to debate which of our keepers is best - not many clubs have that luxury.

Weale has more than proved himself in the last couple of games, and I as were many, suprised to see Basso back in on arriving at the Ricoh on Saturday....but he's once again shown why he's '1st choice'ish' - probably two of the greatest saves you'll see all season, one in each half.

Weale or Basso...??? Thanks for the choice!!!!

Basso earnt the number one spot after a great season last year - Weale is close and will improve but Basso clearly starts the year as the No1 - an injury, minor allows weale to play a couple of games in which he does nothing wrong - had it been 10 then GJ's decision may have been different, but after only two makes sense for the number 1 keeper to come back in.

The real muppets are the ones who continue to use any opportunity to criticise LJ and imply nepotism...........

Why should Basso be dropped after his amazing performance last year? Weale has a couple of good games - in one of which he makes a massive mistake means that our consistent and best keeper should be dropped. Some people.

what MASSIVE mistake was that?i certainly can't remember seeing it

thought weale had a good game against derby. some people

Its an awesome place to be if we are in a position to debate which of our keepers is best - not many clubs have that luxury.

Weale has more than proved himself in the last couple of games and I as were many, suprised to see Basso back in on arriving at the Ricoh on Saturday....but he's once again shown why he's '1st choice'ish' - probably two of the greatest saves you'll see all season, one in each half.

Weale or Basso...??? Thanks for the choice!!!!

Well said mate nice one *thumbs up*

what MASSIVE mistake was that?i certainly can't remember seeing it

thought weale had a good game against derby. some people

When Basso came out and miscontrolled it giving the Coventry player a free (if quite tough) shot on goal. Fortunately he was crap and it went well over but it was typical Basso- great saves with some dodgy moments too. And I would keep him in goal for next week of course.

Archived