IGNORED

Atmosphere Yesterday

tin

Great away day yesterday and a superb win for the boys at the Ricoh. Even though we didn't sell our allocation out we still banged out a lot of noise from the back of that away end but I don't understand two things about an element of our vocal support.

Every song for every player was 'Do Do Do Do, Stevie Brooker/Brian Wilson/Andy Webster/Nicky Maynard' etc. I remember going to shitholes like Luton and running through the team line up with a different song for every player. Why can't we mix it up a bit or our we lacking the imagination for vareity?

The other thing is the speed of all the songs. A lot of them yesterday were being belted out at the speed of light and need to slow down a bit IMHO.

Anyone else see Mark Dudbridge joining in with the songs at the end loving every minute? Quality!

Anyone else see Mark Dudbridge joining in with the songs at the end loving every minute? Quality!

He was right in front of me and we were laughing at him most of the second half cause, god love him, he hardly knew the words to any of the songs (it may have been because he was blind drunk though!), which is a bit embarrassing when you're trying to start most of them!! 10/10 for effort though Mark.

Great away day yesterday and a superb win for the boys at the Ricoh. Even though we didn't sell our allocation out we still banged out a lot of noise from the back of that away end but I don't understand two things about an element of our vocal support.

Every song for every player was 'Do Do Do Do, Stevie Brooker/Brian Wilson/Andy Webster/Nicky Maynard' etc. I remember going to shitholes like Luton and running through the team line up with a different song for every player. Why can't we mix it up a bit or our we lacking the imagination for vareity?

The other thing is the speed of all the songs. A lot of them yesterday were being belted out at the speed of light and need to slow down a bit IMHO.

agree with that,

it was like playing an album at 45rpm

some songs were so fast they ended before they began

new brooker song perhaps , to the tune of 'Santa Claus is coming to town' , as he's shifting his arse from the subs bench:

You better watch out, you better beware

he's good on the ground and he's good in the air

Stevie Brookers going to score.

:bonkers:

Agree with you mate, this do do do cr4p for every player and the speed some people sing at does my head in.

Beast (don't know his real name but he sits in the Atyeo at home) was trying to get his own version of the Coventry song going, but no one joined in with him, I was too busy laughing to help him out, it went "You are all w4nkers together!" Bloody brilliant! :winner_third_h4h:

Agree with you mate, this do do do cr4p for every player and the speed some people sing at does my head in.

Beast (don't know his real name but he sits in the Atyeo at home) was trying to get his own version of the Coventry song going, but no one joined in with him, I was too busy laughing to help him out, it went "You are all w4nkers together!" Bloody brilliant! :winner_third_h4h:

I know Beast well. Damon's his real name. Used to sit in front of me in the Atyeo E Block for years. He's got one hell of a bellowing voice on him and definatley more creative than some of those kids up the back on Saturday. Could of used him up the back with us at the Ricoh.

The speed of light is an under statement , I physically couldn't sing that fast anyway, but by the time you had worked out the song (because it was practically sang as 1 word) the song was over!

Yeah me and my mate thought he was good, his kids looked happy :innocent06:

He should of come to the back, it looked amazin on big league weekend when they showed all of us bouncing together, it looked amazin. Keep it up lads but defo agreed we need more songs.

Lee trundle already has his 'lee lee lee trundle' so why not give lee johnson the one that went 'lee johnson my lord, lee johnson, lee johnson my lord, lee johnson, lee johnson my lord, lee johnson, ohh looord lee johnson'.

Still think we need five more songs about for our players especially carey and mcindoe.

Hate to say this but i thought songs were for insulting your opponents or praising hoe great your own team is; personally i find neither of these possible if your own fans (let alone the opposition) know what on earth you are singing about. At coventry i had to txt my mate, who sits in the EE, to ask what the lyrics for the new "johnson said he'll take us up..." saong were. Yes i do seat in the Dolman in case your wondering why i'm moaning alot.

Also does anyone know if the "young 'uns" read these threads at all???

:bruce_h4h:

I think what it it tin,is that the new blood of fans coming through weren't around durning the glorius H block era of the late 90's so havent been shown how its really done,now we have the East End era which is fantastic,but what is happening is those from the 90's(like me) are mixing with the new blood who have become louder than us,btw at Derby it was great to have the drummers back,felt like old times.

What we need to do is remember some songs from then and turn them into news

ie Dele Adebola could be a re-mix of "Ade,Ade,Ade,Ade,Ade...........Ade Akinbyi to the tune of "theres no limit"

all in all though i think our fan base is looking good

I think what it it tin,is that the new blood of fans coming through weren't around durning the glorius H block era of the late 90's so havent been shown how its really done,now we have the East End era which is fantastic,but what is happening is those from the 90's(like me) are mixing with the new blood who have become louder than us,btw at Derby it was great to have the drummers back,felt like old times.

What we need to do is remember some songs from then and turn them into news

ie Dele Adebola could be a re-mix of "Ade,Ade,Ade,Ade,Ade...........Ade Akinbyi to the tune of "theres no limit"

all in all though i think our fan base is looking good

I think you've got a good point there Midge. You're clearly from the same era as me judging from that so you know where I'm coming from.

Maybe we need to resurrect fallen songs like the Agostino one, Mickey Bell one and the Tony Thorpe one (which I think could go for Ivan Sproule as nobody seems willing to do the 'number one is...' song).

I like the new one for McIndoe but it needs to be sung slowly sound good otherwise it fades out.

I wasnt at the Ricoh, but i take your point on this, what happened to Steve Brookers old song??!!

The "We've won here three times song" to the tune of We Always Believe or the Scousers 'In Istanbul we won it five times' was absolutely class as well. What are the words to the song to the tune of the Torres song? I was sat to the left of the main middle block so couldn't quite catch them.

The "We've won here three times song" to the tune of We Always Believe or the Scousers 'In Istanbul we won it five times' was absolutely class as well. What are the words to the song to the tune of the Torres song? I was sat to the left of the main middle block so couldn't quite catch them.

I think the Torres song was:

Johnson said he'll take us up, Huraah, Huraah

Johnson said he'll take us up, Hurrah, Huraah

Johnson said he'll take us up, we'll beat the rest and f4ck em up,

and we'll go marching into the premier league

la la la etc etc..

If I am wrong then someone correct it please! :innocent06:

(Could change the third line to win the leage and fa cup...???)

I think the Torres song was:

Johnson said he'll take us up, Huraah, Huraah

Johnson said he'll take us up, Hurrah, Huraah

Johnson said he'll take us up, we'll beat the rest and f4ck em up,

and we'll go marching into the premier league

la la la etc etc..

If I am wrong then someone correct it please! :innocent06:

(Could change the third line to win the leage and fa cup...???)

Cheers mate,now i know the 3rd line to this great song,one of the best we've had for a while,it's one of those songs that can just continue like the "Red Army" and keep the atmosphere alive

I think you've got a good point there Midge. You're clearly from the same era as me judging from that so you know where I'm coming from.

Maybe we need to resurrect fallen songs like the Agostino one, Mickey Bell one and the Tony Thorpe one (which I think could go for Ivan Sproule as nobody seems willing to do the 'number one is...' song).

I like the new one for McIndoe but it needs to be sung slowly sound good otherwise it fades out.

Indeed you're right,the thing with the Mickey Bell one,was on the back of the cheap signing from Wycombe and that glorious day when Crammby struck twice at Adams park to more or less secure our last promotion(that curler was a gem)so maybe it's not ideal for other players although it was a classic at the time,then there was the "indian march" which was done with the drum before every game,even remember trying it on that old open terrace at Plymouth in that promotion season.

Stick any songs you want to bring back on here mate for the newer fans who wont know them, they may get started again that way...

One thing i will sat though Tin looking back on those days,it was a great time to be a fan,not because of the teams failings but because you knew everyone within Block H,and at away games the first ones to the ground would always save seats for the rest of the band/block and you'd create different songs all the time. One match i'll never forget was the 1-0 win at Bury when we were last at this level(Yes young fans Bury did play at this level once) and most of the stand that day sang all througout the second half,even doing a congo that match has yet to be surpassed in my view.

It'd be great to get that back again as the young fans have all that enthusiasm and as we are all in the east end now,there is no reason why over the course of the season we cant capture what we once had,but it will take time.

Out of interest Tin wherabouts are you for home games

One thing i will sat though Tin looking back on those days,it was a great time to be a fan,not because of the teams failings but because you knew everyone within Block H,and at away games the first ones to the ground would always save seats for the rest of the band/block and you'd create different songs all the time. One match i'll never forget was the 1-0 win at Bury when we were last at this level(Yes young fans Bury did play at this level once) and most of the stand that day sang all througout the second half,even doing a congo that match has yet to be surpassed in my view.

It'd be great to get that back again as the young fans have all that enthusiasm and as we are all in the east end now,there is no reason why over the course of the season we cant capture what we once had,but it will take time.

He stands at the back vandalising the cladding, but thats a different story! :innocent06:

By the drummer in the EE for Derby. Aiming to go same area every week. Don't listen to that shit stirring bloke from Williton... :disapointed2se:

Archived