IGNORED

Macalister's Injury

rockin-robin

A key player in our back four and does not get the credit he desrves.

I know many do not rate him, but with the possibility of him being out for a while, and the "unknown quantity" of Webster coming in to deputise at CB with Fontaine playing left back, I must admit that I am a little concerned we may lose our shape. A draw on saturday now looks like it could be a good result with QPR doing so well.

I also think we should be concentrating more on this than the fact that Maynard hasnt scored for two games!!!???

Thoughts?

I know many do not rate him, but with the possibility of him being out for a while, and the "unknown quantity" of Webster coming in to deputise at CB with Fontaine playing left back, I must admit that I am a little concerned we may lose our shape. A draw on saturday now looks like it could be a good result with QPR doing so well.

I also think we should be concentrating more on this than the fact that Maynard hasnt scored for two games!!!???

Thoughts?

I think that our defenders have had some sort of curse since the play off final, Bradley, carey, Ribeairo, McAlister, Mcombe

and even Webster! what is going on?

We need a change at left back. Not saying we should axe Jaime but I think perhaps a talented youngster or experienced player like himself to give him competition is what he needs. I fear the sloppy nature of the passes I saw him play at derby are from too much self assurance.

However I can not dispute that he is a class tackler and defensive player the tackle in our area against derby was outstanding

We need a change at left back. Not saying we should axe Jaime but I think perhaps a talented youngster or experienced player like himself to give him competition is what he needs. I fear the sloppy nature of the passes I saw him play at derby are from too much self assurance.

However I can not dispute that he is a class tackler and defensive player the tackle in our area against derby was outstanding

With a fully fit squad then competition would be there from Fontaine. But at the moment our defence seems to drop by one every game! :noexpression:

Thoughts?

I am not so concerned about the defense at left back with Fontaine replacing him. But I think he links up well with McIndoe going forward and that will be a real loss.Also we need to this week get in some cover as another injury will be catastrophic.

4 fit defenders if wilson is now playing right back. yes i am ###### concerned!!!

people have mentioned that left back was an area that required urgent attention and this injury proves it, we are in a bit of a pickle!

letting vasko go was a mistake, but webster is a good enough replacement(probably better) but would we have got him if mccombe was not injured?

maybe this injury to mccalister will be a blessing in disguise as it will force GJ to find and sign Jamie's (long term) replacement

This should test our strength in depth then, what quality younguns coming through teh ranks then? Oh yes, Ribbs. poor Chris still cant believe hes injured for a year, :blush:

Webster wants to play, Webster will certainly play, fit or unfit!

McAlistar has been doing such a good job at LB, easy to forget about cover, but these injury's have been badly timed, i would play Fonts LB with Webster and Carey in the middle, Orr or Wilson for RB...We don't need anyone else.

Archived