IGNORED

Trundle Or Noble To Create More Chances

SUPER REDS

Did we not just win at Coventry easily? :farmer:

As we did last season. But our goals scored for the season was poor! it was our defence which was exceptional that got us in with a chance of the prem.

Didnt we get Trundle in to score goals, and now Maynard. Trundle failed, so Is it the midfield which is letting us down? or the way we try and get the ball into the forward line. We cant cross a ball from the wings, so rely on the ball down the middle. Or is it the lack of skill from the midfield to get the ball to the front men. Just a question not a dig.

As we did last season. But our goals scored for the season was poor! it was our defence which was exceptional that got us in with a chance of the prem.

Didnt we get Trundle in to score goals, and now Maynard. Trundle failed, so Is it the midfield which is letting us down? or the way we try and get the ball into the forward line. We cant cross a ball from the wings, so rely on the ball down the middle. Or is it the lack of skill from the midfield to get the ball to the front men. Just a question not a dig.

Exactly my sentiments on another thread. We need a good central midfield player, but it looks as if GJ will not be buying one before the transfer window ends. He got rid of the best midfield player we had (in my opinion), when he started to look class, perhaps that was to accomadate his son, and DN who also finished well last year hasn't even kicked a football this season in a competitive match, what does that say.

Exactly my sentiments on another thread. We need a good central midfield player, but it looks as if GJ will not be buying one before the transfer window ends. He got rid of the best midfield player we had (in my opinion), when he started to look class, perhaps that was to accomadate his son, and DN who also finished well last year hasn't even kicked a football this season in a competitive match, what does that say.

To me it says, Get Watson in from Palace, and lets compliment the 2m young striker we have.

Well Carle has set up a few goals for Palace hasn't he........not.

They've yet to score a goal in the league and have yet to win.

They lost 0-4 tonight with Carle "pulling the strings."

LJ has had a great season so far - he was close to MOM saturday and his first half against Derby was faultless.

It seems every failing in this team is down to LJ in some myopic eyes.

Firstly Carle was just starting to settle into our club, with in my opinion better strikers and players around him than what Palace have now.

Secondly in my opinion I feel that DN is a better alround footballer than LJ, but is never given a fair chance to prove that. I'm not just getting at LJ, I also feel that CS is not good enough to be in midfield over a long season either, we need quality to supply our strikers, and we haven't got it at the moment, which in my opinion will show as the season progresses.

Did we not just win at Coventry easily? :farmer:

We lost to crewe tonight, Johnson Out, the board don't know what they're doing.

I understand what you are saying mate but we did just win 3-0 so why not wait till we have 0's after our name before we question our creativity.

We've scored 5 league goals - same as Birmingham.

We've conceded once so far.

So plus 4 after 3 games.

That ain't bad - and the number of chances we've created has been fine.

Maynard could have had a hattrick at Blackpool - missed an open goal, missed a one on one.

Derby he scored and could have have another.

Coventry he had one headed off the line and their keeper made a great save.

He's had 8 shots on target in 3 games and scored 1.

Thats just Maynard - others have had chances too, so I don't think we've done too badly for making chances.

As I said it's a long old season, with basically the same midfield as last season, with the loss of probably our best midfielder at the end of it.

As I said it's a long old season, with basically the same midfield as last season, with the loss of probably our best midfielder at the end of it.

Arguably one of our worst midfielders at the end of the day. You may wish to look at the KPAP for a rough idea if you haven't already:

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=104843

Specifically Section 2.

PANIC PANIC PANIC........... :tumbleweed:

Maynard will score goals no probs, :chant6ez:

This team will learn to play to his strenghts, GJ knows and can see the teams strenghts and weaknesses.

PS Just to add a bit of spice to your quota, he scored last night 2, unfortunatley given off side. :preacher:

Well Carle has set up a few goals for Palace hasn't he........not.

They've yet to score a goal in the league and have yet to win.

They lost 0-4 tonight with Carle "pulling the strings."

LJ has had a great season so far - he was close to MOM saturday and his first half against Derby was faultless.

It seems every failing in this team is down to LJ in some myopic eyes.

You forgot to add that Carle has also been subbed well before the end of the last 3 Palace games.

You forgot to add that Carle has also been subbed well before the end of the last 3 Palace games.

Carle was never going to fit into Palace's side, they don't need a midfield with the system they play. In my opinion, the most entertaining football we played last season was when Carle, Noble and Trundle were in the team. We scored 8 goals in the 4 matches before the play-off final, a better goals per match ratio than for the rest of the season.

Carle was never going to fit into Palace's side, they don't need a midfield with the system they play. In my opinion, the most entertaining football we played last season was when Carle, Noble and Trundle were in the team. We scored 8 goals in the 4 matches before the play-off final, a better goals per match ratio than for the rest of the season.

We also only won 2 in 8 before the Play offs.

Archived