IGNORED

Gillespie - Done & Dusted

Riaz

Great news but a slap in the face to Lita and now surely the end for Marvin Brown.

I've said before on this forum that we should be looking at the cast off's from the elite who have been taken to a level that should make them virtual first team prospects with us at age 19.

Let's hope he doesn't turn into another Shaun Penny - sent to Millfield by City in the 70's and destined for stardom but never got a sniff in the 1st team under Dicks who always opted for experience

Erm, so have we signed him then?

Can't look at the link, they've blocked the site up in the Sunbury office. Gits :@

Bristol City have agreed to sign Liverpool Academy player Steven Gillespie after the youngster impressed during a recent trial.

The under-19 striker, who is due to be released by the Reds at the end of the season, impressed officials at the Second Division promotion chasers by scoring four goals in a reserve match for the Robins a fortnight ago.

Childwall-born Gilly has scored more goals than any other Liverpool player this term and has also been on trial at West Ham since being told he has no future at Anfield.

Liverpoolfc.tv would like to wish him the best of luck in his new career at Ashton Gate next season.

Can't look at the link, they've blocked the site up in the Sunbury office. Gits :@

ROBINS AGREE TO SIGN UP GILLY

Mark Platt 20 April 2004

Bristol City have agreed to sign Liverpool Academy player Steven Gillespie after the youngster impressed during a recent trial.

The under-19 striker, who is due to be released by the Reds at the end of the season, impressed officials at the Second Division promotion chasers by scoring four goals in a reserve match for the Robins a fortnight ago.

Childwall-born Gilly has scored more goals than any other Liverpool player this term and has also been on trial at West Ham since being told he has no future at Anfield.

Liverpoolfc.tv would like to wish him the best of luck in his new career at Ashton Gate next season.

Accrording to liverpool, he is the clubs top scorer this season....and they are letting him go??

me thinks there is a story there somewhere....

And West Ham have had him on trial but haven't picked him up.... something doesn't add up.

The lad looked great yesterday, the only thing I did notice was his fits of pique when anybody failed to get the perfect cross into him. Maybe that was noticed elsewhere as well? ^_^;)

I'm not sue if I am allowed to cut & paste , so I won't! ^_^

It says Bristol City have agreed to sign him after a recent trial. He is an under 19 who is due to be released at the end of the season.He has scored more goals than any other player this term, has also been on trial at West Ham. Liverpool Fc wish him well for his new career at ashton Gate.

It says a little more but thats the abridged version, we can't all type like you!

Sound pretty definate to me! ;)

I say welcome to the lad. Alot of reds up ere reckon Houllier is making yet another mistake in selling off the talent rising through Liverpools' academy. If he can score 8 in 3 then that should be fine by any city suppporters standard. The lad's from south Liverpool as well even better!

Nobody knows too uch about the lad but his stats don't lie. We could have signed a gem

And a nick name is no problem............... 'Dizzie' Gillespie

or you could change that to 'Brizzie Gillespie' ??

Come on it's better than 'Duke' Ellington :dunno: & I wonder who's team he used to play for? :D

Why should the writing be on the wall for our current young strikers?

How about this team for next season

Phillips,

Woodman,Hill,Coles,Old man Carey

Goodfellow,Wilkshire,Doherty,Great Grandad Murray,

Gillespie,Miller

Subs

Lita,Fortune,Brown(A),Brown(M)Brown(S,Goalkeeper)

I think this bench could cover every postion and the team could produce 100 goals for(as last season) with less than one per game against(as this season)

Smart piece of business on Danny's part, however,expectations need to be controlled. An interesting comparison which illustrates reserve team action versus first team is that of Peter Spiring.

30 years back he came on the scene as Chris Garlands successor after his move to Chelsea.Spiring had great pace and grabbed a few goals and was quickly spotted by Liverpool and despatched for 65k.Despite being their reserve team top scorer for a couple of seasons he was never able to get a first team game,he then made the move to Harry Haslams Luton but was unable to halt their relegation from the 1st div.A little later he then made the move to 4th division Hereford and enjoyed a long period with them.

Realistically unless a youngster has the potential of international quality then the Premiership holds next to no opportunities.Good luck to Gillespie,he's exercising wise judgement realising that to fulfill potential you need to have a platform to perform,pity Rosenoir was'nt as bright.

Re."slap in the face for Lita",not at all, just an example of greater competion and hopefully of raising standards, and that surely is what the world of competitive football is all about.

Archived