IGNORED

Team Of Qpr 'giants' Visit Ashton Gate On Saturday

Jags11

QPR have been playing eight first team players over 6' 2"! How we wish McCoomb was still fit now! As GJ said we only played for the final 10 minutes at Crewe. Yes Gary the supporters do feel let down.

With all the expensive foreign stars QPR have I wonder how the same City team last night will perform against them as they are scoring goals for a pastime!

Now we are a few games in I feel we should be expecting a lot more from Maynard (his replacement last night was outstanding) when you think of the contribution Wilson has made in outstanding effort to get into the team!

I notice QPR score most of their goals in the second half of games so we will have to be 'on song' for the 90 minutes.

Losing at Crewe now makes us all concerned for Saturday and do we trust the same team who ran out of steam? Surely a job for the Manager on Thursday, Friday and 2:30pm on Saturday and hoping not a half time! Over to you GJ.

A.K.T.

Guest Garfunkle
QPR have been playing eight first team players over 6' 2"! How we wish McCoomb was still fit now! As GJ said we only played for the final 10 minutes at Crewe. Yes Gary the supporters do feel let down.

With all the expensive foreign stars QPR have I wonder how the same City team last night will perform against them as they are scoring goals for a pastime!

Now we are a few games in I feel we should be expecting a lot more from Maynard (his replacement last night was outstanding) when you think of the contribution Wilson has made in outstanding effort to get into the team!

I notice QPR score most of their goals in the second half of games so we will have to be 'on song' for the 90 minutes.

Losing at Crewe now makes us all concerned for Saturday and do we trust the same team who ran out of steam? Surely a job for the Manager on Thursday, Friday and 2:30pm on Saturday and hoping not a half time! Over to you GJ.

A.K.T.

ran out of steam? christ we lost 1 game. it was a cup game and the lower opposition obviously raised their game. it happens. barnsley won at anfield and beat chelsea last season. liverpool and chelsea still managed to beat soem of the top teams in europe.

it wouldnt suprise me if we won this weekend and crewe lost even though we are playing much better oppositon, thats just football.

didnt think they spent much money this summer, a lot less than city

We paid £250K to Blackpool for Gorkss, and I think that's it. The other players who came in are loans or free transfers.

However, to be fair it's not just transfer fees, is it? I don't know how much the players are being paid. The loanee Parejo from Real Madrid and Ledesma from Genoa might well be being paid a fair whack. I've really no idea.

QPR are owned by very wealthy people but the club itself is not wealthy. It's an important distinction. One of the co-owners is Lakshmi Mittal who is reputely worth billions. His stake in QPR? £220K. Don't believe all you read!

Guest Garfunkle

We paid £250K to Blackpool for Gorkss, and I think that's it. The other players who came in are loans or free transfers.

However, to be fair it's not just transfer fees, is it? I don't know how much the players are being paid. The loanee Parejo from Real Madrid and Ledesma from Genoa might well be being paid a fair whack. I've really no idea.

QPR are owned by very wealthy people but the club itself is not wealthy. It's an important distinction. One of the co-owners is Lakshmi Mittal who is reputely worth billions. His stake in QPR? £220K. Don't believe all you read!

hi, welcome to the forum.

a few questions for you....

how do you see your season going?

personally, i think that with the players you have signed (mainly foreigners) that you will be unstoppable at home but you may struggle away as they may not 'fancy it' at some places in this league. that said i do think you will be in the shake up come the end of the season. would you agree?

how do you view saturdays match?

how do you think we will do this season?

thanks in advance

So we are out of the league cup.............boo hoo..........bothered :crying:

Sat we have QPR......this is what we are all here for.........2-0 city maynard 2 :icecream:

Cup runs are just money earners..........Oh well FA Cup 2 come...... :winner_third_h4h:

GJ will have um fired up no probs :grr:

hi, welcome to the forum.

a few questions for you....

how do you see your season going?

personally, i think that with the players you have signed (mainly foreigners) that you will be unstoppable at home but you may struggle away as they may not 'fancy it' at some places in this league. that said i do think you will be in the shake up come the end of the season. would you agree?

how do you view saturdays match?

how do you think we will do this season?

thanks in advance

Thank you for the welcome.

The season is being, and will continue to be, a bit of a rollercoaster. Most QPR fans are like me, and just glad to be watching some new players playing some very good football after 12 years of (mainly) anxiety and boredom, since relegation from the Prem. We've had a decade of financial crisis, so I'm glad that the debts are now paid off and we're promised investment. If we settled into upper mid-table for a season or two I'd be really very happy.

Trouble is, there are quite a few QPR fans whose expectations have gone a bit haywire. Kids mainly, who've never known anything but struggle, and others who are shameless enough to openly advocate that the owners "do an Abramovitch". To be fair, season ticket prices have shot up, and people are understandably annoyed. There's a feeling that the owners owe something back to those who've had to pay a lot more. I'm sympathetic but as I say, I'm just glad that we're back on an even keel financially, and playing some decent stuff.

I think we'll do OK. If things stayed as they are, we can definitely aim for a play-off place. Personally I don't think we're good enough right now for automatic promotion. We still have Buzsacky and Vine to come back though, who were our best players last season, so we might just be able to step up a gear.

The thing about foreigners and winter is a cliché to be honest. Yep, some seem to go off the boil but others don't. Let's face it, it's hardly been a scorcher of a summer and Ledesma and Parejo have done well so far. Ledesma I think is eccentric enough to do well wherever he plays. He never stops. He's quite a character as I hope you'll see on Saturday. Parejo, "the wonderkid from Real Madrid", might be more vulnerable. A brilliant player but he's young and more reserved.

Saturday? Hard to call. If I'm honest, I expected City to bomb this season after the success of last year. It often happens that way. But so far you've done well and I think you'll be up for it on Saturday. I like Ashton Gate -- good traditional football stadium. Am looking forward to going back. Result? Frankly, I've no idea. We've played some lovely football this season but the one tough opponent we've had, Sheff Utd, we crashed 3-0. I'm hoping the players have learnt from that and can do better. Formation seems to be settling down to 4-5-1 which isn't as defensive as it sounds because the midfield is packed with creative players who can score.

I expect a tough game, and if I had to make a prediction, to be diplomatic, I'll opt for a hard-fought 1-1.

I've only disliked QPR for their choice of managers, glad they've got one i really like now..oh wait

I'm actually a big fan of really talented players in our leagues who cheat, i'd rather them than good honest british players who can't pass the ball 5 yards. Pantomine villains are always welcome IMO. Ledesma I assume isn't known as consistant as he wouldn't be at QPR lets hope we make him have an offday.

Certainly no room for dopey posing against QPR.

Thank you for the welcome.

The season is being, and will continue to be, a bit of a rollercoaster. Most QPR fans are like me, and just glad to be watching some new players playing some very good football after 12 years of (mainly) anxiety and boredom, since relegation from the Prem. We've had a decade of financial crisis, so I'm glad that the debts are now paid off and we're promised investment. If we settled into upper mid-table for a season or two I'd be really very happy.

Trouble is, there are quite a few QPR fans whose expectations have gone a bit haywire. Kids mainly, who've never known anything but struggle, and others who are shameless enough to openly advocate that the owners "do an Abramovitch". To be fair, season ticket prices have shot up, and people are understandably annoyed. There's a feeling that the owners owe something back to those who've had to pay a lot more. I'm sympathetic but as I say, I'm just glad that we're back on an even keel financially, and playing some decent stuff.

I think we'll do OK. If things stayed as they are, we can definitely aim for a play-off place. Personally I don't think we're good enough right now for automatic promotion. We still have Buzsacky and Vine to come back though, who were our best players last season, so we might just be able to step up a gear.

The thing about foreigners and winter is a cliché to be honest. Yep, some seem to go off the boil but others don't. Let's face it, it's hardly been a scorcher of a summer and Ledesma and Parejo have done well so far. Ledesma I think is eccentric enough to do well wherever he plays. He never stops. He's quite a character as I hope you'll see on Saturday. Parejo, "the wonderkid from Real Madrid", might be more vulnerable. A brilliant player but he's young and more reserved.

Saturday? Hard to call. If I'm honest, I expected City to bomb this season after the success of last year. It often happens that way. But so far you've done well and I think you'll be up for it on Saturday. I like Ashton Gate -- good traditional football stadium. Am looking forward to going back. Result? Frankly, I've no idea. We've played some lovely football this season but the one tough opponent we've had, Sheff Utd, we crashed 3-0. I'm hoping the players have learnt from that and can do better. Formation seems to be settling down to 4-5-1 which isn't as defensive as it sounds because the midfield is packed with creative players who can score.

I expect a tough game, and if I had to make a prediction, to be diplomatic, I'll opt for a hard-fought 1-1.

Welcome.

Its good to read some decent comments from a Rangers fan. The rest seem to be on a wind up. I think you'll be there or there abouts. Your home form will pretty much see to that.

Hope you have a good day saturday, bar the result ofcourse.

As for the rest of your lot, lets hope they show their faces on here on saturday evening. I some how doubt it though.

Archived