IGNORED

3-5-2 Out Of Neccesity ?

downendcity

If McAllister's injury keeps him out for any length of time then I suspect GJ will be looking to bring in a defender before the deadline.

However, if he doesn't or can't perhaps with our limited resources going 3-5-2 might be an option worth considering?

Basso

Carey Webster Fontaine

Wilson Johnson Skuse Williams/Trundle McIndoe

Maynard Adebola/Brooker

Carey and Fontaine are flexible enough to cover wide and Wilson is playing well and is well suited to play wide right but also track back in a defensive role. In a 4-4-2 McIndoe normally seems pretty good tracking back, but it might take away from his attacking game if we did play this way. The only problem I can see is against QPR their flashy winger (Ledsema?) might be a bit too lively for us to risk 3-5-2.

Any thoughs?

Kinda omitting one of best players in Orr and utterly restricting our best player in McIndoe.

Think we'll go 4-4-2 with Fontaine at left back and pray we don't get another injury. Even if we do Wilson "can" play either full back role and Skuse can cover central defence with Wilson taking his slot and Sproule/Williams on the right again.

Kinda omitting one of best players in Orr and utterly restricting our best player in McIndoe.

Think we'll go 4-4-2 with Fontaine at left back and pray we don't get another injury. Even if we do Wilson "can" play either full back role and Skuse can cover central defence with Wilson taking his slot and Sproule/Williams on the right again.

Don't disagree with you RH. However, I did mention that 3-5-2 would take away from McIndoe's attacking game. As for Bradley, I agree he is one of our best players, but for a 3-5-2, I think Wilson gives a bit mroe versatility down the right hand side.

I suspect we will stick with 4-4-2 as it is the system the players know best, but with us getting a bit thin on the ground I worry that there is a slight danger of playing square pegs in round holes to plug the gaps, if you know what I mean? Mind you , any more injuries to defenders and GJ might be asking Millen to get his boots polished up!

Archived