IGNORED

Akinde?

WayOutWest

Made me laugh, the mention of him wearing a club tracksuit, is that legally binding? After all we've had Emad holding up a shirt, and Misfit saying he's coming back to sign, and didn't.

I reckon Akinde has been locked in Gary's office until Monday morning! :D

All very well signing this lad and I hope he contributes to our squad well but why are we not giving Brooker or Trundle time?

Ive got nothing against this new guy to be honest I don't know that much about him but I think that perhaps we should be looking more in midfield and defence rather than more strikers. JUst an idea mind. If gary wanted him here he must show some signs of potential.

:fingerscrossed:

To be fair to Gary J I think this signing is actually quite smart and doesn't really mean much for Brooker and Trundle per say.

This time last year we had;

Enoch Showunmi - 25, 6'3'' but not a targetman with a small amount of Championship experience with Luton, although much of this in midfield.

Steve Brooker - 26, 6' a tough forward lacking pace with no Championship experience and carrying a bad injury.

Darren Byfield - 30, 5'11'' a poacher without real pace and some Championship experience.

Lee Trundle - 30, 6' a highly creative forward lacking pace and no Championship experience.

We were even using Ivan Sproule upfront!

Now we have;

Steve Brooker - 27, 6' a tough forward lacking pace with a small amount of Championship experience.

Nicky Maynard - 21, 5'11'' a poacher with a turn of pace and no Championship experience.

Dele Adebola - 33, 6'3'' a targetman with a significant amount of Championship experience.

Lee Trundle - 31, 6' a highly creative forward lacking pace and a season's worth of Championship experience.

John Akinde - 19, 6'2'' a tough forward with pace without any football league experience.

Now for me that represents and imporvement on the 'clubs' we had last year and gives GJ many more options.

A mix of youth and experience and different styles too, we could see some interesting and exciting combinations IMHO.

Archived