IGNORED

Andy Webster

Jordan Tansley

He sometimes seemed scared to attempt the tackle.

Maybe he just needs more match fitness.

Webster didn't seem to have achieved "Johnson fitness" yet.

Slow on a couple of tackles leading to clumsy looking fouls and easily nutmegged by Agyemang.

Two week break now will do him good and I'd expect a much more assured and convincing performance next time out with the extra training behind him and improved familiarity with his defensive colleagues.

well he completely missed an easy header, looked slow, made one tackle which was a foul on the touchline and was made to look a fool until carey saved his bacon with a good challenge.

but like i said he isnt fit yet.

sometimes i wonder what games people watch too, hense i asked for some views!

I sometimes wonder if we all watch the same games. I thought he looked assured, classy and experienced.

Did you not see the several mistimed tackles leading to free kicks and the nutmeg?

I'd call him 'no nonsense' on this performance as he often chose to put the ball straight into touch.

I hope, and expect, he will be far more impressive when he's settled in but today he seemed off the pace at times and very much a new boy with unfamiliar colleagues.

Solid, No Nonsense, No thrills Centre Half

Work with many Rangers fans who do not have a good word to say about him .

Watched him at Crewe in the week and seemed to be doing all the talking and all of the the time to Carey and Fontaine which impressed me as a new boy to the team . Crowd was small and you could hear the players more than usual .

Broke the play up and always offered to accept the ball was my first thoughts on Tuesday . Fitness may be a problem short term a la Williams then Elliot then Mccombe .........

Could become a good aquisition in key role . :fingerscrossed:

I sometimes wonder if we all watch the same games. I thought he looked assured, classy and experienced.

i agree here, just not at the required fitness level yet ........i also seem to remember 3 or 4 times last year, our defenders 'trying to play the ball' against oncoming forwards, each time costing us a goal, two for Darren Huckerby in fact.

now if our defender is under pressure .. near our penalty box, placing the ball skillfully in row Z is fine by me.

leave the clever stuff to the other end of the pitch.

:englandsmile4wf:

i agree here, just not at the required fitness level yet ........i also seem to remember 3 or 4 times last year, our defenders 'trying to play the ball' against oncoming forwards, each time costing us a goal, two for Darren Huckerby in fact.

now if our defender is under pressure .. near our penalty box, placing the ball skillfully in row Z is fine by me.

leave the clever stuff to the other end of the pitch.

In fairness, aren't most/all of these goals down to Bradley Orr?

I will have what your drinking mate......I think you should start watching the game properly.

He was nervous, clumsy and in my oppinion GJ doesnt think much of is coo because hes had a couple of sub apperences and if he was (quality) GJ would start him..........hurry up ribs and macombe we need you.....

It was funny when, on 2/3 occasions Basso shouted for the backpass, but Webster, probably a little nervous, booted the ball out for needless throw-ins. Basso was exasperated and signalled to anyone who would aknowledge him that Webster wasn't listening. I dunno if anyone 'had a word' but later on there was a similar position and Webster played the backpass!

Webster didn't seem to have achieved "Johnson fitness" yet.

Slow on a couple of tackles leading to clumsy looking fouls and easily nutmegged by Agyemang.

Two week break now will do him good and I'd expect a much more assured and convincing performance next time out with the extra training behind him and improved familiarity with his defensive colleagues.

Well said. Pretty much sums his performance up. He did look as if he could clear the ball out to specific targets too. which would make a change.

Didn't impress me at all against Coventry or Crewe. If I had to make my home debut at CH I'd rather fancy my chances against 10 man QPR. It wasn't that difficult for him.

Early days so let's hope he improves with better fitness and understanding of his new teammates, but wrap Carey in cotton wool PLEASE!

Archived