IGNORED

Yes, I'm Still Whinging

The Man In Black

I know I've been whinging elsewhere on here, but yes another thing about our fans annoyed me yesterday.

Did any of you actually walk to the stadium? Did you not notice that nearly unbearable heat? I for one know that I was sweltering and happy to get into the shade of the stand.

So why on earth were certain elements of the crowd expecting our players to chase each and every QPR player down? We would have been knackered after 30 minutes, let alone 90 minutes.

They might be athletes but they're not superhuman.

Right, now that's off my chest I'll try and shut up now.

Shoot me down if I'm wrong, but I thought the main concern yesterday was:

a) a lackadaisical approach from a couple of players

b) a lack of width

and that's it. If we're the fittest team in the division, some really didn't show it.

Yes, we lacked width, but this comment is in relation to comments from other fans from close to where I was sat - they wanted our players (including those that WERE putting in a decent shift) to chase lost causes and chase down the opposition player when there was just no need and wouldn't have achieved anything.

And maybe it was just unbearable because of the trousers I was in.

it is all about pacing yourselves during a game.

it was very difficult in that heat and you could see it was

affecting the players.

We did have a training camp in foreign climes - much warmer than yesterday! Pre-season fixtures, of course, don't compare to league fixtures, but still, I don't think the 'heat' can be held as a valid excuse.

We did have a training camp in foreign climes - much warmer than yesterday! Pre-season fixtures, of course, don't compare to league fixtures, but still, I don't think the 'heat' can be held as a valid excuse.

i am not making it an excuse. there were other factors that contributed to the game.

lack of service to the strikers. lack of wing play. qpr with everybody behind the ball.

injury to mc alistair. qpr goal keeper slowing things down and time wasting.having to look

at ian dowie.

i was suffering with the heat but i could not of done any better than the players out there.

i am not making it an excuse. there were other factors that contributed to the game.

lack of service to the strikers. lack of wing play. qpr with everybody behind the ball.

injury to mc alistair. qpr goal keeper slowing things down and time wasting.having to look

at ian dowie.

i was suffering with the heat but i could not of done any better than the players out there.

Valid points there.

One difference being, I presume you aren't an highly tuned athlete - we are told that the squad have among the best fitness levels of anyone in our division!

In regard to width, I'm sure it must be an instruction from GJ, as it wasn't just MM 'tucking-inside', BW was doing likewise. Our width was only really evident from the full-backs, on the rare occasions they got into an offensive position. I can understand this if it were to limit QPR's midfield, but when they went down to 10, I feel we could have been a little-more forthcoming in excerting pressure down the wings. Maybe this is the reason I'm not a football manager?!

We have to be happy with a point, which I am, but I just feel 3 were there for the taking.

Still, 8 from a possible 12 is a good return. Keep up the good work!

Always Believe!

I don't see why we should be making 'excuses' anyway.

We drew a game which was effectively killed off because of the sending off.

As for the heat, well it wasn't that hot, was it? The players were replacing lost fluids so, for me, the heat was not a factor. According to the Filton weather bureau, it was 23C (73F) at 4pm in Bristol yesterday, so positively balmy, eh?

As for the heat, well it wasn't that hot, was it? The players were replacing lost fluids so, for me, the heat was not a factor. According to the Filton weather bureau, it was 23C (73F) at 4pm in Bristol yesterday, so positively balmy, eh?

Precisely, it shouldn't be classed as a contributing factor.

for this month , that day was hot.

Archived