IGNORED

Plus Points From Yesterday?

Elton red

1. Lee Johnson, Brian Wilson, Carey and Fontaine put in very good shifts.

2. Fontaine discovered he may have a future as a left-winger, should he ever tire of defending.

3. Maynard looked useful in possession, and wasn't really at fault for not getting any later on.

1. Lee Johnson, Brian Wilson, Carey and Fontaine put in very good shifts.

2. Fontaine discovered he may have a future as a left-winger, should he ever tire of defending.

3. Maynard looked useful in possession, and wasn't really at fault for not getting any later on.

Agree with your points. Thought Dele worked his nuts off too. I'm not too upset at the whole 'not beating 10 men thing' as I thought QPR looked very useful and expect them to be right up with us come the end of the season.

We do need to create more chances though, scratching my head thinking what our best midfield combination would be once they are all fit? Do we need a creative midfielder bringing in?

I'm off for a couple of ciders, which provides clarity of thought and by 4 o'clock I should be able to answer my own questions. :cool:

Agree with your points. Thought Dele worked his nuts off too. I'm not too upset at the whole 'not beating 10 men thing' as I thought QPR looked very useful and expect them to be right up with us come the end of the season.

We do need to create more chances though, scratching my head thinking what our best midfield combination would be once they are all fit? Do we need a creative midfielder bringing in?

I'm off for a couple of ciders, which provides clarity of thought and by 4 o'clock I should be able to answer my own questions. :cool:

I personally thought QPR looked disorganised and without any great shape, Ledesma and Parejo were floating about, creating very little, and the amount of lost causes Blackstock was forced to chase at 11 vs. 11 was ridiculous. Their performance reminded me vaguely of our first season under BT; a decent squad, but poorly organised and messy.

With some creativity out wide, we could have had them on a plate. As it was, we went ridiculously central and played right into their hands. Just like how Man United played at Anfield last season; stick 6 players in the middle behind the ball at all the time, and watch them shoot from 20+ yards.

But each game is different, from the sounds of it GJ was as concerned as the rest of us about the formation and I'm sure we'll play far better in the future.

As with any game with a relatively early sending off, it spoils the spectacle, because the disadvantaged team will shut down and defend what they have. This is exactly what happened yesterday.

Plus points are

• QPR do not look the side everyone expected them to be
  • We have 8 points from 4 games
  • We look solid defensively
  • We still have Marvin to come
  • It was a lovely day

In quickfire, bullet point format;

Positives

• Adebola showed once again how he is invaluable to this team.
  • Maynard worked hard and looked significantly more involved than in the previous games i've seen him.
  • Lee Johnson dictated play nicely, although on occasion guilty of a lack of vision or trying 'Hollywood' passes.
  • Brian Wilson continues to illustrate his overall value to the squad.

Negatives

• McIndoe was unusually poor.
  • Cole Skuse performance yesterday has avoided a manager headache and nicely ushered in the return of Elliot at Cardiff.
  • We were at times carved open on our left flank.
  • Far too narrow when playing against ten men, as Q.P.R were going to barracade two lines of 4 we should have spread the play, dragging their players around.

All in all a satisfactory point. Disappointing not to break down the ten men but Q.P.R look to have some class about them going forward backed up by a solid base.

I thought there were quite a few positives to take out of yesterday. Yes I was disappointed by the unusually poor performance of McIndoe, and would have liked to see us exploit our advantage especially in the second half, but it is a good result to take into the break going into a tough run of games.

It will never happen. GJ will never drop is son.

Such a tired argument, but here we go...

Johnson didn't pick 'his son' on his return from injury last season. He didn't start Lee in the Play-Off Final, without a doubt the biggest match in his career. You make an utterly ridiculous argument, and also ignore the fact that Johnson played a hell of a lot better than Williams on Saturday.

Johnson didn't pick 'his son' on his return from injury last season. He didn't start Lee in the Play-Off Final, without a doubt the biggest match in his career. You make an utterly ridiculous argument, and also ignore the fact that Johnson played a hell of a lot better than Williams on Saturday.

Okay, when LJ is fully fit. GJ will never drop his son, even if there are times when different personnel may be better suited to the game or tactics?

He was 'fully-fit'. He was kept out of a winning side, which is fair enough, and is consistent with Johnson's treatment of everyone else.

How do you know he was 'fully fit'. Are you GJ or LJ?

I actually think LJ is one of our best players and is a linch pin in the team, however, no player is impervious to being dropped, subbed, taken off when things are no quite working for the team. LJ does appear to have a cemented place in the team no matter what the the score, performance, tactics, run of results etc etc.

+

Skuse

Adebola

Fontaine

-

Wilson

Maynard

McIndoe

High mate where were you sat, I must make sure I don't end up in your seat. :disapointed2se:

+++++ Wilson, (outstanding, could play central with elliot)

++++adebola, (ran his socks off)

++++maynard (best game so far)

_

Webster (uneasy, glumsy, )

Mcindoe (predictable,goes inside never gave us the width we needed, same as wembley performance, no supply to front 2)

Johnson (had a tidy game, but never passes forward and I don't think he has passed to maynard so far this season)

Good start to the season and City will be a tough nut to crack for most sides, we will always be dangerous going forward and once maynard settles into the side he will score a lot of goals, :preacher:

LJ actually said himself a few week back, that he wasn't fully fit for majority of last season, how many games did he start?

personally it dosen't bother me about the relationship between them.....it just bothers me that a better attacking creative central midfeidler is CLEARLY needed and nothing has been done about it.....

Thought Gavin williams looked very confident when he came on so much so that I would like to see an Elliot/Williams central midfield

I agree,Williams showed a fair bit of promise saturday,he certainly likes to get hold of the ball and create,he also made one very good run 2nd half although he fired off a weak shot,yet all the time during the surge he was looking to create something and shot as a last resort,I think we have found a decent championship player

You make an utterly ridiculous argument, and also ignore the fact that Johnson played a hell of a lot better than Williams on Saturday.

Johnson:

Collect ball from defense

Pass wide

Pass back

Collect ball in opposition half

Pass side

Pass back

Williams:

Get ball

Run forward

Shoot

Pass forward

Each to their own like...

My memory may be deceiving me but I can remember Johnson looking up for a pass and seeing no one in space numerous times on Saturday. I can also remember him providing the best cross of the second half and a lovely low ball for Williams into the box late on. But then he's the manager's son, I must be wrong.

My memory may be deceiving me but I can remember Johnson looking up for a pass and seeing no one in space numerous times on Saturday. I can also remember him providing the best cross of the second half and a lovely low ball for Williams into the box late on. But then he's the manager's son, I must be wrong.

The fact you and others alike cannot construct your own argument without bringing nepotism into the equation merely weakens your argument.

Archived