IGNORED

Enquiry About A "young, Left Sided Defender"

Tom

According to the official site, an interview with Gary Johnson about Akinde he revealed:

The boss believes it will be City's only signing before the transfer deadline, although he did admit the club had enquired about a "young, left-sided defender".

So this is certainly promising, but who could it be :noexpression: .

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/sport/City-s...il/article.html

PAUL Tisdale says he is under no pressure to sell any of his talented crop of young players.

George Friend, Danny Seaborne and Ryan Harley have all attracted attention following their polished starts to the campaign.

If they continue to progress at the current rate, then it may only be a matter of time before clubs make concrete offers to lure them away from St James's Park.

But Tisdale is determined to keep hold of all his players, although he concedes that every player has a price. "They have been attracting interest for a while now," said Tisdale.

Surely he used to be in our youth academy :P

He's a right back.

Really? Shit. He'll never get a shot then. Always thought he was a Left back, thought he might get a decent chance there. Thought it was Walker on the left and Ribeiro and James Wilson who could play on the right...

George Friend of Exeter is being linked

http://torquayunited.talkboards.net/...num=1219688623

George Friend is exceptional. I've seen a fair bit of him over the last season. Tall, quick, athletic, always keen to go forward and (partly thanks to the God-like influence of ex-robin Rob Edwards) has come on leaps and bounds. On first sight, you'd think he was a bit too tall for a full-back but he's rarely turned. For those of you old enough to remember, he's in the Viv Anderson mould.

He's ex-Team Bath, so is a bright lad with a a good footballing brain too - I was at the Exeter/Southampton Carling Cup first round game (its a work thing) and George, Ryan Harley and some bloke called Marcus Stewart linked extremely well all evening. If we buy George Friend, I think we'll have a good one for the future - with him and Ribeiro, McAllister will really be under pressure next season, whichever league we're in.

George Friend is exceptional. I've seen a fair bit of him over the last season. Tall, quick, athletic, always keen to go forward and (partly thanks to the God-like influence of ex-robin Rob Edwards) has come on leaps and bounds. On first sight, you'd think he was a bit too tall for a full-back but he's rarely turned. For those of you old enough to remember, he's in the Viv Anderson mould.

He's ex-Team Bath, so is a bright lad with a a good footballing brain too - I was at the Exeter/Southampton Carling Cup first round game (its a work thing) and George, Ryan Harley and some bloke called Marcus Stewart linked extremely well all evening. If we buy George Friend, I think we'll have a good one for the future - with him and Ribeiro, McAllister will really be under pressure next season, whichever league we're in.

Fantastic player for us, one of my all time favorites.

This Friend sounds handy, it will be interested how this all pans out.

I was slightly shocked that GJ let slip as much as he did in that post-match interview, maybe wheels are moving behind the scenes...

Fantastic player for us, one of my all time favorites.

This Friend sounds handy, it will be interested how this all pans out.

I was slightly shocked that GJ let slip as much as he did in that post-match interview, maybe wheels are moving behind the scenes...

He does sound very promising and I would be more than happy to sign him but GJ says that he doesnt expect anyone else to come!? I excpect we don't agree with the fee which is probably why he mentioned it as he is not going to follow it up!

How about nathan smith at yeovil, slade signed him this april and has, been raving about him while playing him at letf back, but left him out for a game because a big club was looking at him a fee and a nice profit could be had, well, i can remember reading something, a month or two ago...

Archived