IGNORED

Lack Of Competion.....

mcbcfc

As a club we currently have a squad of 22 first team contenders - this includes 3 keepers - so 19 outfield players. Imho this is not enough especially when we consider that 4 of these are right sided midfielders. Competion encourages player to perform better, lets face it with a fully fit squad with the exception of one spot (being right midfield) we can name the first team. McIndoe knows full well he has no competion for the left berth! I can't help but feel with maybe four more additions, be they young kids on loan or spending a few quid on a real talent i.e. Ben Watson, suddenly the first team player have to fight for their place week in week out, which would only improve individual performances.

When you think about it there is a certain degree of cover in all areas but they are never used as our starting line up is fairly consistent.

For me left back is an area to adress as Fonts is Jaime's only real competition at the moment but I think Fonts is a better centre half. Midfield is actually more well bolstered than we think - Noble,Johnson,Skuse,Elliot(injured but close to returning in the first team),Wilson,Murray(injured but close to a return),Sproule,McIndoe,Williams - thats 9 players that can play in midfield. Up front with the addition of Akinde we have 5 strikers and of course 3 top goalkeepers.

BUT

we do need to add a quality central midfielder - Johnson can not be a ball winner and a dynamic play maker it's not his role. Someone else posted that he realistically is a holding midfielder that plays the ball out from a deeper midfield position. So we could do with an attacking central midfielder, but then its the question of do you drop Marv or Lee? Marv is our natural tackler and ball winner in midfield.

Guest wheres your caravan??

i totally agree everyone knows what the starting 11 will be which is a shame because it becomes pointless for the rest of the squad training well. Everyone knew that Basoo was going to start and not Weale.

Archived