IGNORED

Left Backs

Jordan Tansley

does anybody know who playes leftback for the ressies and Under 18's co i really cant think?

i know there have been a lot of trials this year in that area and we released slocombe from our youth team at the end of last season but who plays there regularily this season and who did last year?

plenty thought the same of martin slocombe :noexpression:

Only just picked this one up -Very difficult for the Academy boys to get a break - even youth internationals like Tristan.

George Boon is doing everything right at the moment - same as Luke Wilkinson, Joe Edwards and Ashley Kingston to name just four of them.

In terms of ENGLISH 17 year olds, they are comparable to almost any, and that age group always was.

but its difficult for managers to take a gamble on a kid nowadays in such a win at all cost environment, personally i think it is better suited for everyone that young players be loaned out to lower league clubs so they can learn there trade, and managers can assess wether they are ready without risking their job's/reputation by playing a kid at a higher level

I wouldn't be surprised if GJ loans in a left back as cover next week, especially as it was revealed we were interested in that lad from Exeter.

Think a loan in would be the best option whilst we've still got a few injury problems in defence, and our youngster Wilson is getting his first taste of first team football at Brentford.

Gary Johnson's current policy of letting the lads reach 18 before a meaty loan spell seems to make sense. If the player is a real talent their ability should shine through pretty early on in their pro football experience.

If Plummer gets games he needs to bang a few goals in and get good reviews, otherwise it's hard to justify putting him into a Championship game. Maynard looked too good for league 1, hence his place in the team (plus training, obviously).

Wilson has, by the sounds of it, made an instant impression, which signifies he might be the special one of the batch (excluding Ribs).

I've never seen this young left-back though.

A lot of people have written on here that it will benefit Akinde's progress to work with Dele. I agree, but wonder if that kind of mentoring is used at City, and if so which 1st teamers help which youngsters.

A lot of people have written on here that it will benefit Akinde's progress to work with Dele. I agree, but wonder if that kind of mentoring is used at City, and if so which 1st teamers help which youngsters.

scotty helps the kids alot, and you'd think louis bradley and few others would be passing on wisdom

Archived