IGNORED

Transfer Window Closes Today.....

bh_red

I know GJ has said he's not really looking for anyone else apart from possibly a young Left Back........

But we all know that GJ likes to keep things quiet where possible and there could yet be another signing in addition to the young forward?

Who or what position player would people like?

Personally I still think we are CRYING out for a Creative Central Midfielder, we don't have any strength in that department, I don't feel LJ has been playing well and if his form dips or he gets an injury we have no suitable cover to replace him, plus we also have nobody realistically to changelle him for his place, he's literally the only option......

any other positions people want improved?

We're 4th with only 5 having scored more and no team conceeding less. Looks like we're creative up front and tight at the back again to me.

If we could get some cover at left back/wing. A Joe Martin (Blackpool) type (not him but he's the example) age, reputation and ability.

Another great start to the season, would be silly to distabilise the team at the minute.

Left back and quality central midfielder for me (and Akinde).

I think we lack cover on that side of the pitch and we need someone who can play 90 minutes in the middle of the park, get forward to score and use weighted through balls for Maynard.

Akinde looks like a good prospect as a long term Adebola replacement, he should be able to get some great experience from the big man.

I think we lack options on the left - who would replace McIndoe or McAllister if either of those had a long term injury?? and macca aint getting younger...

I'd like us to bring in Joe Mattock of Leicester City, young left back to provide competition for macca initially, but to replace him long term...

We're 4th with only 5 having scored more and no team conceeding less. Looks like we're creative up front and tight at the back again to me.

If we could get some cover at left back/wing. A Joe Martin (Blackpool) type (not him but he's the example) age, reputation and ability.

Another great start to the season, would be silly to distabilise the team at the minute.

it's easy to say we are 4th....but it's a 46 game season and it's about Strength in depth though and having a squad capable of sustaining and improving that position over the course of the season, right now we have no cover in that position

Without knowing the behind the scenes activities its difficult to judge. For me, when Palace came in for Carle, I would have tried to negotiate a deal with Watson coming our way. Watson is still with Palace,

Wellens is another good attacking/scoring midfielder who has been mentioned here for 3 seasons. The players are out there, we just don't seem to bid for them

it's easy to say we are 4th....but it's a 46 game season and it's about Strength in depth though and having a squad capable of sustaining and improving that position over the course of the season, right now we have no cover in that position

Johnson, Williams, Noble, Elliot, Artus

Lots of cover.

Quality..well take that up with GJ, he's signed em/kept them on so he seems happy with them.

Johnson, Williams, Noble, Elliot, Artus

Lots of cover.

Quality..well take that up with GJ, he's signed em/kept them on so he seems happy with them.

I did say.....suitable cover....Johnson is the only option

Elliott is a DEFENSIVE midfield player, not a creative attacking midfielder

Williams is a WINGER

Noble is.....less said the better wouldn't want to have to depend on him than more than 60mins for a game

Artus - never started a league game (apart from at Exeter last season)

so no.....NO COVER.....no creative attacking centre midfield cover at all,

think the on the basis that nearly everyone on this thread has said the same thing is a sign that I'm not the only one who thinks we are VERY short in midfield

Williams is a WINGER

Noble is.....less said the better wouldn't want to have to depend on him than more than 60mins for a game

think the on the basis that nearly everyone on this thread has said the same thing is a sign that I'm not the only one who thinks we are VERY short in midfield

Elliot scored 5/6 goals last season, LJ scored 1. Williams has not had a chance at center midfielder, but certainly plays like one.

When GJ turned us around, Noble was our best midfielder. Since LJ's signing, Noble has not had another chance in his best position.

Artus at 20 and now a big boy has never had a chance above reserve grade, despite getting rave reviews and being told by GJ he was very very close to selection.

Wilson could be our best option. Fit, strong and capable of scoring, tackling and controlling the midfield. Elliot/Wilson, I would like to see that in our upcoming reserve grade fixture. Next would be Elliot and Skuse/Noble.

Johnson would be my last option.

Try's hard, gives 100%, but does not have the class to get us into the Premier League.....Imo

Williams is a WINGER

think the on the basis that a few others have said the same thing is a sign that I'm not the only one who thinks we are VERY short in midfield

Elliot can be creative. He certainly scored a reasonable amount last year. Go check how many non penalties Watson scored last season! He gets in attacking positions. If he played alongside Skuse he could do that more. Williams is a midfielder with the ability to play across the midfield. So says GJ. Noble is a member of our squad who plays attacking midfield usually in the centre. Artus has never played a league game for us. But then he's cover, he's a back up. We need at least by my count 5 injuries for him to have to play...

We have COVER, whether you like them or not again is a different matter. Williams took Carle's place in the squad. We're identical in terms of last years depth as Russell who played once, is replaced by Artus who probably won't get a kick this season. It's reasonably hard (impossible?) to find players of LJ's ability willing to come and sit on the bench which is why the other players who play that role either have another string to their bow or have flaws like lack of experience or a tendance to go out drinking.

Elliot can be creative. He certainly scored a reasonable amount last year. Go check how many non penalties Watson scored last season! He gets in attacking positions. If he played alongside Skuse he could do that more.

Elliott and skuse in midfield??? NO, NO, NO! It would never work, and anyone who saw our first half performance at stoke would know that!

Its Skuse OR Elliott in midfield.

There's a guy who plays in midfield who's scored a couple already this season for umm... oh yeah Palace. Some long haired Aussie bloke. Nick someone...??

That's Crystal in the relegation zone having scored 2 goals in 4 games Palace who we want two "creative" central midfielders from...

There's a guy who plays in midfield who's scored a couple already this season for umm... oh yeah Palace. Some long haired Aussie bloke. Nick someone...??

1 against Hereford and 1 from the penalty spot. Admittedly he did create the pen in the 1st place by having his RIGHT FOOT! (surely the biggest surprise?) shot charged down with a hand, but the comments from the Palace fans I have seen don't suggest that he is setting the world to rights there.

Akinde and the young left back (if he signs) will do me.

I agree thou the left side is looking a tad worrying if macca or mcindoe pick up an injury.

What left sided MF are avaliable at the moment , i cant think of many my self.

Fran Merida, season long loan from Arsenal would be nice.

Creative left footed central midfielder, dubbed the next Fabregas, who would act as cover for McIndoe on the left wing as well. Would love him down here but will never happen.

Elliot can be creative. He certainly scored a reasonable amount last year. Go check how many non penalties Watson scored last season! He gets in attacking positions. If he played alongside Skuse he could do that more. Williams is a midfielder with the ability to play across the midfield. So says GJ. Noble is a member of our squad who plays attacking midfield usually in the centre. Artus has never played a league game for us. But then he's cover, he's a back up. We need at least by my count 5 injuries for him to have to play...

We have COVER, whether you like them or not again is a different matter. Williams took Carle's place in the squad. We're identical in terms of last years depth as Russell who played once, is replaced by Artus who probably won't get a kick this season. It's reasonably hard (impossible?) to find players of LJ's ability willing to come and sit on the bench which is why the other players who play that role either have another string to their bow or have flaws like lack of experience or a tendance to go out drinking.

but he isn't a creative player by nature, he's a defensive player who's not afriad to take a shot, he may have scored a few, but he didn't get too many assists, either way as previously said........skuse and elliott....ha ha! that's just plain stupid!

GJ said when Williams was signed that he was not a replacement for Carle and that's still the case, GJ may have said Williams can play across midfield, but he said the same about cArle last season and that clearly wasn't the case.

there difference is I don't think it's hard to find someone of LJ's ability, there is plenty of them in League 1, what we need is a geniunie championship standard creative midfielder, which I don't believe LJ is, he looked ok last season due to the AMAZING season Elliott had where he basically carried the central midfielder for the majority of the season until he legs gave out in mid jan/feb.

Creative Central Midfielder is a MUST if we are serious about promotion.

but he isn't a creative player by nature, he's a defensive player who's not afriad to take a shot, he may have scored a few, but he didn't get too many assists, either way as previously said........skuse and elliott....ha ha! that's just plain stupid!

GJ said when Williams was signed that he was not a replacement for Carle and that's still the case, GJ may have said Williams can play across midfield, but he said the same about cArle last season and that clearly wasn't the case.

there difference is I don't think it's hard to find someone of LJ's ability, there is plenty of them in League 1, what we need is a geniunie championship standard creative midfielder, which I don't believe LJ is, he looked ok last season due to the AMAZING season Elliott had where he basically carried the central midfielder for the majority of the season until he legs gave out in mid jan/feb.

Creative Central Midfielder is a MUST if we are serious about promotion.

Only 6 midfielders had more championship assists than LJ did last year.

Liam Lawrence (winger), Wade Elliott (winger), Michael McIndoe (Winger) Ben Watson (Central) Johnnie Jackson (Central) Peter Halmosi (Winger)

Paul Parry, Joe Ledley, Jay Tabb had the same amount.

So LJ was the joint third most assisting central midfielder of the year.

A quality central attacking midfielder who is capable of playing a dynamic ball whether it be on the ground or over the top but who also has good enough footballing ability to make his own way towards the box and unleash a beasty of a shot.

Since it's unlikely that we will get Watson I think looking abroad might be our only hope now. (This is also unlikely to happen before January :[ )

Left back needs adressing as well we need an out and out left back to compete with Jamie not just fonts.

Fran Merida, season long loan from Arsenal would be nice.

Creative left footed central midfielder, dubbed the next Fabregas, who would act as cover for McIndoe on the left wing as well. Would love him down here but will never happen.

Yeh with you 100% tin! From what i have seen he is quality and was apparently one of the stars of the under 18 euro cup or something like that!

But i have heard that Wenger see's him as a reserve and carling cup player this season. With the poss that he could break into the 1st team squad towards the end of the year.

But yeh would love to see him at the gate!

Danzinio

Archived