IGNORED

Gj Wanted 5 X Strikers...at Last!

Br 1st ol

Dele only came in Jan

Brooker was out injured for all but the last 4 games.

Enoch went out on loan

so that really just leaves LT and DB for the rest of the season....

I suspect we may see one striker out on loan in due course, but you make a fair point. Of course, Plummer was in the first team squad last year and didn't go out on loan - although he was clearly a long way from the first team.

For the first half of the season and a good part of the second half we only played with 1 up front so there was never any need for 5 strikers, it was only until the last 3 or 4 games of the season that we started to play with 2 upfront consistantly..

As for going up... its hard to say, i think we definately have a stronger strike force than last season but whether it would of bought us success?..... maybe?... yes?.... no?.... i don't know :dunno:

...but why didnt he want 5 last season when we needed them most!

The 5 he/we now has are great...a strong set of options and combinations...if we had them last year, would we have gone up?

I'm happy (ish) with the 5 we have now....however still don't feel we have what it takes to go up this year I'm afraid.

Yes we spent £2.2m on a decent striker, however am really disappointed we did not show a bit more ambition and strengthen the midfield. We were not creative enough last season....and having sold one midfielder for £1m+....I really thought that that £1m and maybe a little bit extra may have been pumped back into the coffers to go get a player like Ben Watson.

Please don't jump all over me.....I trust GJ and his vision for the club 100%, just don't think we have enough strength in depth to maintain a top 6 finish this season..........would love to be proved wrong though

:englandsmile4wf:

Archived