IGNORED

Current City Midfield Not Strong Enough For Championship!

Jags11

McIndoe wants to play everywhere and GJ is happy for him to cover weaknesses.

Johnson jnr can not be relied upon for every game.

Williams this promised massiah not worth a comment.

Sproule worth the odd bit of excitement! does not play the way he did way when he first came.Something has changed him?

Cole just my goodness!

Something is wrong when we cannot keep going for 90 minutes against 9 outfield players i.e. QPR just because they put them all in defensive roles?

Coming next Cardiff have a hard working midfield with heavy duty strikers so unless we can beat these tactics which are up front for us to know about and it will be interesting what tactics GJ uses to win over there? Last season it was Trundle who we could not get the right ball to! Now it is our new expensive striker!

AKT

Guest wheres your caravan??

you cant be serious!!

mcindoe is pure quality, he just had an off day like everybody does!!

williams looks a good player IMO!!

Johnson is inconsistant but on his day is class!!

McIndoe wants to play everywhere and GJ is happy for him to cover weaknesses.

Johnson jnr can not be relied upon for every game.

Williams this promised massiah not worth a comment.

Sproule worth the odd bit of excitement! does not play the way he did way when he first came.Something has changed him?

Cole just my goodness!

Something is wrong when we cannot keep going for 90 minutes against 9 outfield players i.e. QPR just because they put them all in defensive roles?

Coming next Cardiff have a hard working midfield with heavy duty strikers so unless we can beat these tactics which are up front for us to know about and it will be interesting what tactics GJ uses to win over there? Last season it was Trundle who we could not get the right ball to! Now it is our new expensive striker!

AKT

Stupid comments, get a reality check........1 game from the prem last year. Unbeaten this season, ok, should have beaton QPR but any team tends to struggle agianst 10 men, they just stick everyone behind the ball and it is difficult to beak down. It was only a super save at the end that stopped us from getting 3 points.

IF YOU don't LIKE THE CURRENT PROGRESS THAT WE ARE MAKING THEN BOG OFF TO THE OTHER SIDE OF TOWN

:disapointed2se:

yep we are plain awful unbeaten in 4 and won away just need to improve our sharpness in midfield I'm sure GJ will be working hard on the training ground this week. we will not win every game and do you not remeber last season? judge City by every 10 games and then moan :blink:

I try my best not to criticise posts or opinions and of course each is entitled to their own BUT I think you're talking pants.

Macca - Awesome performer. Sets up goals, scores goals, tracks back, tidy passing. Most clubs in this division would benefit from having him. Few better left wingers.

Johnson - I can't be bothered to get drawn in to that debate.

Williams - Who said he was a promised messiah!?! And to say he's not worthy of comment - why not? Has he really been such a disaster? He's not really played enough for anyone to properly judge him.

Sproule - Something has changed him? Maybe, maybe he's just lost a bit of form? Maybe he needs a run in the first team?

Cole - Good player. Championship standard. Only 22.

QPR comment - We were playing a team who are tipped by most to win promotion this season and going by the first half on Sat they probably will. They have quality players in their squad. Of course it's frustrating not to be able to break them down but it's not like it was against an awful opposition.

Generally speaking I think your criticism of the midfield individuals is not fair. Moreover I would possibly suggest that sometimes we fail to create enough - and by that I mean getting the ball behind the defence for the strikers. But whether this is due to the midfield, strikers or just our system (which was solid enough to have been very successful for 2 years) I'm not too sure. It would take some serious study to work that one out to be honest.

Oh, and why does your sentence and strap line end in! (?) They're not that exciting!!!!! :P

I try my best not to criticise posts or opinions and of course each is entitled to their own BUT I think you're talking pants.

Macca - Awesome performer. Sets up goals, scores goals, tracks back, tidy passing. Most clubs in this division would benefit from having him. Few better left wingers.

Johnson - I can't be bothered to get drawn in to that debate.

Williams - Who said he was a promised messiah!?! And to say he's not worthy of comment - why not? Has he really been such a disaster? He's not really played enough for anyone to properly judge him.

Sproule - Something has changed him? Maybe, maybe he's just lost a bit of form? Maybe he needs a run in the first team?

Cole - Good player. Championship standard. Only 22.

QPR comment - We were playing a team who are tipped by most to win promotion this season and going by the first half on Sat they probably will. They have quality players in their squad. Of course it's frustrating not to be able to break them down but it's not like it was against an awful opposition.

Generally speaking I think your criticism of the midfield individuals is not fair. Moreover I would possibly suggest that sometimes we fail to create enough - and by that I mean getting the ball behind the defence for the strikers. But whether this is due to the midfield, strikers or just our system (which was solid enough to have been very successful for 2 years) I'm not too sure. It would take some serious study to work that one out to be honest.

Oh, and why does your sentence and strap line end in! (?) They're not that exciting!!!!! :P

I think your response is what was needed - rather than telling someone they are stupid and should bog off to the other side of town.

McIndoe and Elliot are in the top 5 players in their position in this division

Johnson is pretty conisstent all though not amazing and will do in the centre with marv

also we have Nobes, Williams, Sproule and Skuse who are decent cover.

If you genuinely think that all the players are as bad as you say then i don't think you can really call yourself a city fan as you hate half of our team.

yeah we need a proper right winger, and some cover for mcindoe but i think you have got a little carried away in your post!

Hi, I'm assuming you're not on a wind up...

We are 4th, 3 teams above us and 20 below. I think i see what your point is that at times we don't create as much as we should, but there really is a difference between football at this level and what you see on MOTD

Even the next step up and the bottom of the premier league don't dance their way through defences.

To be honest i am more than very happy with the progress this club has made over the last 3 years and although we aren't yet an arsenal or chelsea, we're a whole lot closer to it than we were 2 years back

As far as i see it, McCindoe, Elliot, Skuse, Williams, Sproule, Johnson and possibly noble all have their value to add to the team and the small improvements we make year on year are good enough for a club such as ours...

Back to the beginning point... We are 4th, top not 4th bottom

Everyday I seem to be reading more and more rediculous comments and over expectation, what has happened to this forum in the last few months?

Jags11 you clearly are a complete tool. If you cannot be happy with how far we have progressed over the last two years then go and support Man U or Chelsea.

:angry:

Guess who has the most shots on target in the Championship.........

That's right - Nicky Maynard. The team must be getting the right ball to him..

Not only that, City have had the most shots on target in the Championship (except Wolves) and have the best shots on target ratio at 71%.

Where did it all go wrong ?

Interesting - do you have those stats for last season? - i'd like to see how relevant they are to the goals scored tally.

In other words, were we crap at getting shots on target last year.

That's great thanks;

Shows that in the league we were 8th best at getting shots on target.

4th highest clean sheets.

In terms of goal difference we all know where we were there - +1 almost the worst.

My point is, that stats are fine, but can be produced to support almost any argument.

Back to the original post - I think it was overly negative, but undeserving of the abuse from some quarters, as I think it's the most important area of the field in terms of influencing the course of a game, and we could possibly have strengthened in that area.

A shot on target, is a player kicking the ball accurately towards the oppositions goal.

Gives absolutely no indication of power, accuracy, distance, and most importantly, threat of actually going in.

The amount of pea-rollers we see I'm not suprised we have a high %.

I thought shots on target denote accuracy and ergo a "threat of actually going in".

It makes no difference if it pings into the net or is a "pea-roller" (I've only seen one of those this season by the way), if it results in a goal then I'm happy.

As an aside, maybe I'm easily pleased, but 8 good points from 4 entertaining games with 6 scored and just 2 conceded, plus the fact that Maynard is getting his shots away and on target with Adebola chipping in and Brooker also scoring, actually indicates a very good start.

Well if its between the sticks its accurate for a start, but if its at the goalie its pants.

It is a decent start yes, but I'd like to have seen Brooker play 4 x 90 mins. Would predict more goals that way.

Archived