IGNORED

Poor Ticket Policy Yet Again!

alanpayne

Went to the Gate to day to buy my Wolves tickets but didn't have my S.T Book/Smart card with me. They said I couldn't buy them unless I had my reference number which I didn't have. I said surely you can look this up from your own database and records. No we can't they said (can you imagine ringing your Gas/Electricty provider, telling them your address and them saying can't help you because you don't know your customer number!).

If this was a competitve business and it treated its loyal customers like this it would quickly go bust!

Went to the Gate to day to buy my Wolves tickets but didn't have my S.T Book/Smart card with me. They said I couldn't buy them unless I had my reference number which I didn't have. I said surely you can look this up from your own database and records. No we can't they said (can you imagine ringing your Gas/Electricty provider, telling them your address and them saying can't help you because you don't know your customer number!).

If this was a competitve business and it treated its loyal customers like this it would quickly go bust!

The ticket office are a waste of space, they are rude and very unhelpfull i have had countless problems getting EE tickets along with other things.

The main problem is none of them seem to know the clubs policy and therefore just make things up as they go along, for example if you speak to one person about the EE the will say its open then another will say its shut.

There is a complete lack of communication between everyone in there, something really needs to be done.

Sorry that you got a bad experience but mine is totally different. Before the Peterb game i popped up and asked for my membership card an ticket for Derby. Once I was first in the que (five minutes) it was sorted out in a second and before that the guy who let staff in to the ticket office had tried to help me.

Think they are doing a great job. As good as Beryl Fudge in the old days.

Cheers

Tommy

Yes, so if I know your name and address I could theoretically go down the gate and buy your Wolves tickets. I'm less likely to know your reference number.

Yes, so if I know your name and address I could theoretically go down the gate and buy your Wolves tickets. I'm less likely to know your reference number.
Hey you can buy mine if you wish if I don't go. Loyalty points and all that.

I agree, it's called "security". Sounds quite simple to me... forget your ST or Smart Card and you can't buy your ticket at that time - remember to take either one of those and they'll sell it to you.

If I turned up to Sainsbury's, forgot my Credit Card but told them I knew all the details... do you think they'd accept that?

Sounds unfair to blame the ticket office for your mistake or oversight!

The main issue here is common sence,

There are to many people in jobs today that listen to rules and health and safety, Its Ok to have these safe gaurds in place, but common sence is probably the biggest thing lacking in people today.

The problem for all companies today is sucurity and thats fine to make rules and guide lines but the employee should use there own common sence.

Take the BIN MEN then wont lean over 1 metre from the curb side to collect a bin how rediculous is that.

People should wake up...... :disapointed2se:

That's pretty stupid. They should be able to look it up and just need to see some form of ID or even a credit card in the right name.

I agree, it's called "security". Sounds quite simple to me... forget your ST or Smart Card and you can't buy your ticket at that time - remember to take either one of those and they'll sell it to you.

If I turned up to Sainsbury's, forgot my Credit Card but told them I knew all the details... do you think they'd accept that?

Sounds unfair to blame the ticket office for your mistake or oversight!

Of course security is of paramount importance but this could of been easily been overcome by the the guy just producing some form of ID and answering some straight forward questions followed by a polite request for him to in future to bring his card or at least the card number.

It just come over to me as extremely lazy and unhelpful to be so belligerent about these daft cards when the guy is trying to buy a ticket to support the team away at Wolves.

No one is suggesting they should just hand tickets over to people without proving they are but at the end of the day common sense should prevail in these situations but seldom does.

The main issue here is common sence,

There are to many people in jobs today that listen to rules and health and safety, Its Ok to have these safe gaurds in place, but common sence is probably the biggest thing lacking in people today.

The problem for all companies today is sucurity and thats fine to make rules and guide lines but the employee should use there own common sence.

Take the BIN MEN then wont lean over 1 metre from the curb side to collect a bin how rediculous is that.

People should wake up...... :disapointed2se:

I think that there are two things lacking: common sence (sic) and the ability to spell. Sorry, could not resist that.

Archived