IGNORED

The Ship And Castle

Barrs Court Red

Like Tom said when the new stadium opens it would be a gold mine. Doesn't make sense why enterprise would want to get rid of it.

Perhaps City will buy it - and ensure the site is never used as a pub again.

The less boozers in the immediate vicinity, the more people will drink in the stadium.

Anyone who has been to Villa Park will know what I mean.

Is this something the Supporters Trust would get involved with? We have already lost the Wedlocks so to lose another one wouldn't be good.

Exactly what I was thinking the other day. Maybe try some fund raising events of some sort and the ST could buy the place and get it going again maybe... I don't know if this idea could work at all but just something that came to my mind.

Exactly what I was thinking the other day. Maybe try some fund raising events of some sort and the ST could buy the place and get it going again maybe... I don't know if this idea could work at all but just something that came to my mind.
IIRC the supporters trust unsuccessfully tried to take over the Wedlocks. The S&C was always my favorite pre match pub. Always was good for a pre match sing song.

Sorry to see it close for good but if it was such a "gold mine" it would still be open.

I don't think any pub, given the location, would survive on a busy 100 hours per year!

If the ST have got money to pour down a drain then they can give me £250 quid a week and it will save them half of what they would probably lose running the pub! :noexpression:

Surely it's a good long term investment.. If we get our new stadium it's going to be the closest to the ground and a potential gold mine!

On one day of the week?

All the pubs around the ground seem like a ghost town most nights of the week apart from The Coopers and then the normal busier haunts up North Street.

Only the pubs with a good base of regulars during the week seem to survive nowadays.

Good old Enterprise: slitting the throat of Bristol's pub trade and drinking its blood since 1991. Especially during our receding housing market where some bright spark in the management finds out they'd make more money selling it to property developers than they ever would by pulling pints.

The problem being that when we move down the road in 4/5 years time there is going to be virtually no proper commerce, industry or entertainment in the *immediate* Ashton Gate vicinity, so for the many new home-owners and chavs-in-waiting what else is there other than a walk between the New Gate and another pub earmarked for sale to developers?

Surely it's a good long term investment.. If we get our new stadium it's going to be the closest to the ground and a potential gold mine!

Hate to see pubs closing - surely with the amount of new housing planned in the vicinity of the new stadium ( and probably on AG itself ) there will be plenty of new local customers not only for the Ship and Castle but for several new pubs which could be built within walking distance of the new ground?

Not just on match days either.

Several new pubs..... now that would be some good news. :city::yawn:

Archived