IGNORED

Scotty Murray

HighbridgeRED

Just sat through the Macedonia v's Scotland Game. Thank God thats over. However it got me thinking about our own flying Scotsman and How imo it was a real shame he did not get a run in the Scotland side.

I am not a great follower of Scotland but I assume they must have had a better team when Sott was in his prime compared to that bunch I just watched, apart from McFadden and Fletcher the rest where pretty poor.

What's recon then

Cheers

Highbridge

scotty should have played for scooootland in his prime. He was a class player and had the experience of playing against top defenders which some of the scottish league players don't have.

Top player and top man - not sure he has played against top defenders though?

Was in the B side so on their radar screen when in his City prime.

Incidentally, I didn't know Lee Johnson was qualified for Scotland..

Top player and top man - not sure he has played against top defenders though?

Was in the B side so on their radar screen when in his City prime.

Incidentally, I didn't know Lee Johnson was qualified for Scotland..

I thought that at the time the players he was playing against would have been better than some of the spl's equivalents...just a thought

I thought that at the time the players he was playing against would have been better than some of the spl's equivalents...just a thought

If Scotty did what he did in the Championship i'd say fair shout, but we were unfortunately third tier then, so I think the SPL would have been far superior.

Not really sure how well he played at Reading?

Even though Scotland have sunk to all time lows in the last decade,Murray is far from even second tier International class. Unable to make it in the top tier of English football with Aston Villa he enjoyed success in the third tier with us.A brief flirtation with Reading was cut short enabling him to return to his comfort zone level.He depeciated at the rate of over 12,000 pounds a game.

A very good club man and when at his best(long past) and with the right pass could be relied on to use his speed and reading of the game to get beyond the last defender and have a strike on goal, did this particularly well in the season after Tony Thorpe's departure,Skill on the ball with capability to beat a defender from a tight one on one situation average. Quality of crossing average/poor which probably explains why even blessed with Premier League pace he was never really sought after by anyone other than Reading.

Just sat through the Macedonia v's Scotland Game. Thank God thats over. However it got me thinking about our own flying Scotsman and How imo it was a real shame he did not get a run in the Scotland side.

I am not a great follower of Scotland but I assume they must have had a better team when Sott was in his prime compared to that bunch I just watched, apart from McFadden and Fletcher the rest where pretty poor.

What's recon then

Cheers

Highbridge

unfortunately I just don't think he was good enough, did well for us in Div 3 but that's about it.

He had one call up for Scotland B and was never called up again at any level, which just about sums it up

Archived