IGNORED

2 Stands

openEnd

Just taking a butchers at http://www.euro2004.com and I stumbled on the strangest looking venue for the group phase.

The specifications of the design submitted to the client, Braga Municipal Council, read as follows: "Today, football is a show, just like the cinema, theatre or television. This is why we have chosen to build only two stands."

my opinion - it's all a bit, well...odd

Perhaps this is SL's dream for AG? Watch out all you atyeo'ers you could be next to face eviction :DEstádio Municipal de Braga

Seems a stupid idea unless they feel they can't fill the seat in which case seems a good idea. Isn't there a scottish team with onlyone stand. As for Braga I'm glad england aren't playing there an it's the only stadium I;m not going to.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I think it's an amazing peice of engineering. The stadium was blasted out of the rock face. The is meaning behind it but I can't remember.

Certainly more exciting than the bland bowls we see cropping up everywhere.

I reckon we should be the first club to build a new stadium UNDERGROUND :dunno::D

Just think of the coast involved in buidling under ground but do like the idea. I think the closet to that is Barcelona which I believe has the lower tier of the stadium is below the ground level. I know that all the stadiums are getting the same with the bowl style but some of the ones in Portugal look very nice and looking forward to visiting them.

I think it's an amazing peice of engineering. The stadium was blasted out of the rock face. The is meaning behind it but I can't remember.

Certainly more exciting than the bland bowls we see cropping up everywhere.

I reckon we should be the first club to build a new stadium UNDERGROUND :dunno::D

thats not a bad idea wb, how about the bear pit near the m32 on the centre, close that up, dig down a bit deeper, u have a ncp car park nearby and great bus links.... - or how about wookey hole - just imahine the noise...

Archived