IGNORED

Comedian And City Fan Mark Watson Talks To The Net Centre

cheshire_red

Glad Mark Watson enjoyed our debate on Stalinism and hope he agreed with me not Red Goblin!

But I really think I need a copy of that book! I'm not sure my 1,500 round trip by plane to watch every City home game does much for the environment (or my wallet!). Still I have been trying to do my bit - recycling, not using plastic bags, only using public transport and trying to fart less.

No wonder he's scared to come on here if he only comes 11-12 times a year and checks up every day. Not a "proper" OTIB standard fan...

Good interview, but i'm worried he even had to think about who was better between meeting GJ and the man with no personality who is responsible for George Bush getting to the whitehouse! Shame about the green rubbish but seems a nice enough chap

Glad Mark Watson enjoyed our debate on Stalinism and hope he agreed with me not Red Goblin!

I enjoyed reading the interview especially this reply where Mark Watson - when asked by Edson - states......

Q. When did you first start supporting City?

As soon as I worked out what football was, basically, but my first game at the Gate was New Year's Day 1987, the local derby. I stood behind the goal where the Atyeo is now. We lost 1-0 to (if memory serves) a spectacular 30-strike from someone like David Mehew. There was a general atmosphere of bitterness and hatred and I thought 'this will be my club'. :winner_third_h4h:

I enjoyed reading the interview especially this reply where Mark Watson - when asked by Edson - states......

As soon as I worked out what football was, basically, but my first game at the Gate was New Year's Day 1987, the local derby. I stood behind the goal where the Atyeo is now. We lost 1-0 to (if memory serves) a spectacular 30-strike from someone like David Mehew. There was a general atmosphere of bitterness and hatred and I thought 'this will be my club'. :winner_third_h4h:

Maybe he was referring to our Stalin debate again, Gobblers? When did that start again - it certainly feels like 21 years ago!

I was showing my 'bitterness and hatred' at the far end of the Enclosure next to the Open End that day.

It wasn't Mehew who fortuitously thumped the goal of his life into the top corner of City's net, it was Garry Smart.

Completely undeserved freak effort which 99 times out of 100 would have ended up in the park.

Morning k.o. if I remember rightly so the New Years optimism of thousands of City fans was crushed by lunchtime. :ranting:

Was it the year before or the year after that Hibbitt scored a similar rocket shot into the same top corner in a 3-3 draw? Sure it was two years in a row either way and much more than any football fan should be forced to suffer.

Didn't really recover until that Louie Donowa goal and had we earnt the right to celebrate that. :yes::city:

Surely if he supports City than he must be a comedian?!.......I noticed that he said all comedians he knew from Bristol supported City!

:rofl2br::ph34r:

As some comedians tend to be pessimistic and self-deprecating, you'd think it would be more likely that they'd support Rovers.

Or perhaps the reason why all Bristol comics support City is because they like to watch their team win more often than not and aren't actually masochistic gluttons for punishment?

Archived