IGNORED

One Minute It Was There And Then....

double-trouble

Weston Pier , great family days out over the years as a kid at this arm into the sea . Then in a puff of smoke it was gone .

Thank goodness we have the 3 at Blackpool , another 8 miles down the coast at St . Annes , and Fleetwoods pier about 4 miles up the coast .

But no , overnight the Fleetwood pier has burnt down a la Weston Super Mare .

What is happening to our Victorian piers . Arson has been mentioned again but who knows .

Never to be replaced .

Very sad . :disapointed2se:

I thought it was structually sound & is going to be rebuilt? And you forgot Clevedon & the fudge shop.

Possibly Weston ' s is / was , but not Fleetwood ' s . The yokel ' s were saying up ere that they believe that will be it and the owner was ' nt insured .

We know of the owner to Fleetwood pier and met him on occasions and he is very charitable putting on or contributing to lots of events . You summer visitors to SUNNY BLACKPOOL may know him as Joey Blower of Blackpools North Pier where his shows can often be very up front and crude .

Believe his interview to the press and camera ' s was in a friends house a few doors up from mine and don ' t think he was to unhappy its gone . Very sad for the town with another piece of history gone .

As for Clevedon , I remember the news ( about 1970 ish ) as a young lad . Fished under there on the rocks many times over the years and always have a liking for Clevedon .

Never lost its Victorian look and feel ( well not until spray paint in the grip of the teenager was invented ) . :shocking:

Believe his interview to the press and camera ' s was in a friends house a few doors up from mine and don ' t think he was to unhappy its gone . Very sad for the town with another piece of history gone .

I'll bet he wasn't. Had plans for redevlopment which were being opposed by the locals. Now he's got a blank canvas.

Sounds familiar, eh?

Archived