IGNORED

Lee Johnson Today

nedbcfc

when it comes to Football Chit Chat on Radio Stations I have to say although My Uncle works for them don't listen to Radio Five Live when football is one because one they don't see whole game they only see secs of it at a time because they're watching more than one game in the studio on about 20 different screens and they don't have a clue what there talking about when it comes to Football I have to say ,The Only Guy I listen to is Jeff Twentymen Radio Bristol I Think now he is one cool person he always knows how to keep a game alive in one way or another,a group of us were sat at home listening to The Game on the TV and Radio and Radio Five Live were the Only Radio Station in the area and In Cardiff to say that Lee Johnson had a bad Game this weekend.

when it comes to Football Chit Chat on Radio Stations I have to say although My Uncle works for them don't listen to Radio Five Live when football is one because one they don't see whole game they only see secs of it at a time because they're watching more than one game in the studio on about 20 different screens and they don't have a clue what there talking about when it comes to Football I have to say ,The Only Guy I listen to is Jeff Twentymen Radio Bristol I Think now he is one cool person he always knows how to keep a game alive in one way or another,a group of us were sat at home listening to The Game on the TV and Radio and Radio Five Live were the Only Radio Station in the area and In Cardiff to say that Lee Johnson had a bad Game this weekend.

I prefer to form my own opinion based on what I've seen for myself.

well that and his attacking skills, which are severly lacking

Your negativity is getting worse.

I cant believe that i have come back to this forum ( got p***ed off with the same old negative debates ) and people are still saying that LJ shouldnt be playing.

He might not be your idea of a "complete" midfielder but he plays the system that GJ strongly believes in perfectly. It worked for him @ Yeovil and it has worked for him here. Christ, cant people see how well our club is run, we are probable the best run club in the division, we are not massively in debt , we have got the best manager outside of the prem IMO and we play decent football.

I have been watching the City for over 20 years and i have never enjoyed it so much as i do now. GJ have been very succesfull over the last 6 or 7 years with Lee J playing in centre Midfield so why are you and others constantly knocking him. If we were in the position of Plymouth or Southampton then i could understand a bit of moaning but i can't understand it NOW.

Get over yourself and if you want something to moan about then go and watch the sags.

End of rant :bruce_h4h:

I cant believe that i have come back to this forum ( got p***ed off with the same old negative debates ) and people are still saying that LJ shouldnt be playing.

He might not be your idea of a "complete" midfielder but he plays the system that GJ strongly believes in perfectly. It worked for him @ Yeovil and it has worked for him here. Christ, cant people see how well our club is run, we are probable the best run club in the division, we are not massively in debt , we have got the best manager outside of the prem IMO and we play decent football.

I have been watching the City for over 20 years and i have never enjoyed it so much as i do now. GJ have been very succesfull over the last 6 or 7 years with Lee J playing in centre Midfield so why are you and others constantly knocking him. If we were in the position of Plymouth or Southampton then i could understand a bit of moaning but i can't understand it NOW.

Get over yourself and if you want something to moan about then go and watch the sags.

This is a forum mate - people have different views on most subjects, if they didn't then it wouldn't be a forum, and whilst that might please the happy clappers, there's a lot of people who want to have their say.

What most people appear to say is that he's ok but we should be looking to strengthen in that position if we want to progress.

In terms of LJ, I think that the team structure is moulded around his abilities because GJ thinks he's the most important player in the team - i'm saying nothing about nepotism, just that the amount of game time LJ gets despite in/out form occasionally leads me to think he's first on the team sheet.

If LJ got injured, then he'd be replaced by someone who would probably play differently - and wouldn't be made to play the LJ role.

The way the team is set up , who else genuinely competes in the LJ role? - if no-one, then we are seriously light in that part of the pitch.

I haven't seen the reserves for a couple of years - how do they play? - clubs should set their teams up so that elevation into the first team is easiest by being familiar with a formation, so who plays like LJ in that team?

This is a forum mate - people have different views on most subjects, if they didn't then it wouldn't be a forum, and whilst that might please the happy clappers, there's a lot of people who want to have their say.

What most people appear to say is that he's ok but we should be looking to strengthen in that position if we want to progress.

In terms of LJ, I think that the team structure is moulded around his abilities because GJ thinks he's the most important player in the team - i'm saying nothing about nepotism, just that the amount of game time LJ gets despite in/out form occasionally leads me to think he's first on the team sheet.

If LJ got injured, then he'd be replaced by someone who would probably play differently - and wouldn't be made to play the LJ role.

The way the team is set up , who else genuinely competes in the LJ role? - if no-one, then we are seriously light in that part of the pitch.

I haven't seen the reserves for a couple of years - how do they play? - clubs should set their teams up so that elevation into the first team is easiest by being familiar with a formation, so who plays like LJ in that team?

I know this is a forum and some agree and some don't, i was pointing out that i don't agree with BH red and his continued negativity.

I am not saying that we are not light in that department as we quite clearly are. I am not a happy clapper , i just believe that the last couple of years have been our most succesfull for a long time and i don't understand the LJ is crap/ cant tackle etc etc dribble that has been flogged to death on here. Even if he works his ar*e off for the whole game , plays well, produces some great passes etc someone will come on here stating that he pulled out of one tackle. It is as if people are waiting for him to make one error.

I do realise though that we need to move forward and that IF we got a player in the mould of Watson from Palace and he comes in the team and improves us as a club then i will be as happy as the next person, but for the moment Johnson is in the team on merit IMO

I don't see him as a complete midfielder or want him to be, I like many just want him to attack, I think your confusing some of my postings with others, I've said time and again I don't see a problem with his defensive work and actually wish he would do less of it, Our biggest problem dispite our recent successes has been that we have suffered a consistant lack of creativity and a lack of "being able to finish teams off" and a overall lack of goals, I see a weak link in our team and would like it improved with a better standard of attacking player.

The debate wouldn't keep coming up if he was performing but considering the amount of postings on this subject, (not just from me) it's obvious that many have an issue with his ability and performances, if he was creating goals and/or scoring goals this issue wouldn't arise.

Unfortunately though.....if we listened to your view, 95% of threads would result in.........Well Said, Agreed, Your Right and it would be a very dull place.

If he was creating goals and/or scoring goals this issue wouldn't arise.

McIndoe and Johnson were technically the players most involved in goals last season, but it's in terms of 'goals and assists' it's significant that Elliott got more goals and assists than LJ.

Agreeing with your earlier point that LJ perhaps need to defend less than he does, and play further up the pitch.

I don't see him as a complete midfielder or want him to be, I like many just want him to attack, I think your confusing some of my postings with others, I've said time and again I don't see a problem with his defensive work and actually wish he would do less of it, Our biggest problem dispite our recent successes has been that we have suffered a consistant lack of creativity and a lack of "being able to finish teams off" and a overall lack of goals, I see a weak link in our team and would like it improved with a better standard of attacking player.

The debate wouldn't keep coming up if he was performing but considering the amount of postings on this subject, (not just from me) it's obvious that many have an issue with his ability and performances, if he was creating goals and/or scoring goals this issue wouldn't arise.

Unfortunately though.....if we listened to your view, 95% of threads would result in.........Well Said, Agreed, Your Right and it would be a very dull place.

I think you have missed my point. At the start of the season LJ played crap and i posted to say so and that if he was going to play then it would have to be in a 5 man midfield ( 4 and 1 off the front ) . My point is that he has played well in the last couple of games and should have been man of the match against QPR. Other players haven't performed up to last years standered ( Mcindoe, Mcallister ) yet people still harp on about LJ so called weak points.

BORING

Guest brizzlejoe

so basically what you are saying that unless we win 10-0 every single game and lee johnson scores them all you will think he is shit, geez some of you lot piss me off, we are 4th in the league and still unbeaten!!!! and all the threads on this forum are how shit things are.....

I agree with u 100% brizzlejoe :winner_third_h4h:

were 4th

unbeaten

last season we lost in the playoff final

think... where were we when johnson took over? and look where we are now.

Who has beent the most consistently used player in the team except basso? the answer is lee johnson

the stats prove he is a key player and when he plays we get more points.

JOHNSON SAYS GET BEHIND THE TEAM....... SO DO IT :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

were 4th

unbeaten

Who has beent the most consistently used player in the team except basso? the answer is lee johnson

JOHNSON SAYS GET BEHIND THE TEAM....... SO DO IT :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

Here here :englandsmile4wf:

Although be careful, you might be accused of being a happy clapper

McIndoe and Johnson were technically the players most involved in goals last season, but it's in terms of 'goals and assists' it's significant that Elliott got more goals and assists than LJ.

Agreeing with your earlier point that LJ perhaps need to defend less than he does, and play further up the pitch.

thats the problem, though LJ did get alot of assists last season, that is to fully expected considering he takes nearly all our set pieces, it's his ability in open play that for me is the issue,

some hark on about his defence short-comings however although expected to track back at times, that is primary Elliott and Skuse's job, I just want him to get up the field and be more creative and maybe even take a shot now and then?

so basically what you are saying that unless we win 10-0 every single game and lee johnson scores them all you will think he is shit, geez some of you lot piss me off, we are 4th in the league and still unbeaten!!!! and all the threads on this forum are how shit things are.....

were 4th

unbeaten

hmmm, are you 2 the same person??? or is it just lunchtime in school and 2 of you have internet access because your not on detention?

if LJ scored 10 goals in a season let alone a game, I think most people would be gobsmacked!

I do think that Lee is quite similar in many ways to Brian Tinnion, who also didn't score enough goals and wasn't brilliant at defending but was still a valuable member of the team. Whilst Lee may not be quite so good at passing over a long distance, I think his set pieces are much better and he's a lot better with his weaker foot than Tinnion was.

Guest brizzlejoe

were 4th

unbeaten

I also don't know brizzlecon and brizzle joe...

what time up the robins tonight lads??

i also do not you you brizzlecon and brizzlenick

and around half 6 ;)

I do think that Lee is quite similar in many ways to Brian Tinnion, who also didn't score enough goals and wasn't brilliant at defending but was still a valuable member of the team. Whilst Lee may not be quite so good at passing over a long distance, I think his set pieces are much better and he's a lot better with his weaker foot than Tinnion was.

Now everyone knows my opinion of Tinman the manager, but there aint no way LJ is as good As Tinman in his heyday, no way.

LJ is a hard worker who cant tackle and is on the small side which results in him losing the ball sometimes. Tinnion was as a far better player. Bet LJ makes a better manager though....

Now everyone knows my opinion of Tinman the manager, but there aint no way LJ is as good As Tinman in his heyday, no way.

LJ is a hard worker who cant tackle and is on the small side which results in him losing the ball sometimes. Tinnion was as a far better player. Bet LJ makes a better manager though....

LJ is far superior to Tinnion. LJ is a top championship player and Tinnion never ever proved that. LJ got us up. Tinnion didn't. (Central midfield playmakeing role, ofc Tinnion went up with us but he played on the left then)

And we lost and aren't complaining about LJ, he must have had a blinder!

LJ is far superior to Tinnion. LJ is a top championship player and Tinnion never ever proved that. LJ got us up. Tinnion didn't. (Central midfield playmakeing role, ofc Tinnion went up with us but he played on the left then)

Thats not actually correct.

When we signed Tinnion we were in this division and for his first few seasons he was a VERY good player on the wing, the season he had when he got that goal at Liverpool he was fantastic, he did actually get us promoted as a player as well, though obviously we did get relegated twice as well, but overall when at this level he was a good player.

overall though I always found Tinnion was a bit overated and he was here for a long time, but had a few very average seasons until he showed his best form when Danny Wilson moved him to central midfield for the last 3/4 years of his career which brought the best out of him (ironic how he thanked DW)

but for a few seasons he played left wing in leauge 1 and was just ok, but it does gets forgotten due to his final few years form, he was a better player on the wing at the higher level without doubt than in league 1.

LJ on the other hand was also any excellent player in league 1, however at this level for me still has alot to prove.

I think they are about even, though there can be an arguement either way for both players just shading it.

You are so wrong, of course Tinnion proved himself to be a Championship player or whatever it was called in the early 90's. City played second tier football for four years in the early nineties and Tinnion was a major part of that.

Further more he scored goals, made tackes and created goals ask Scott Murray.

Lee Johnson in comparson ins't near the class of Tinnion in his prime. Don't let the debacle of his managment that Johnson senior has sorted out cloud your judgement. I know one thing Brian Tinnion would not have let Brums player run the whole length of our 18 yard box last night without a challange something Lee Johnson seemed prepared to do last night for the second goal.

Furthermore, Tinnion held his position and conributed, never have I seen a City side so accomodating for one player as the formation was again in the first half last night. Carle and now Williams have been played out of position to accomodate Johnson. Wide men are asked to play narow to cover becuase we are so lightweight without Elliott. And it was only when Sproule was brought on and McIndoe told to stay left did the game change.

Tinnion was miles better than LJ, regardless of Tinnion not playing at this level. His vision was amazing and he set up so many goals from open play- not having to rely on corners and free-kicks. There was rarely a debate about Tinnion being one of our best players whereas everyday LJ is questioned on here.

Dream on. Tinnion had more talent in one foot than LJ has in all his body. LJ will more than likely be a better manager though.

Archived