IGNORED

Gillespie In 1st Team Football

citygal17

He won't drop Peacock...he'd pick him no matter what. Roberts is scoring goals at the moment so i bet he'd drop roberts.

In fact, knowing Wilson, he'd not pick Gillespie at all but have him on the bench or the reserves.

He could drop the entire team if he wished, Gillespie will NOT play this season, liverpool still hold his registration, and will continue to do so until his contract runs out at the end of the season. But after that i have no idea, depends on what sort of player he is. Would he work upfront with robbo, or would he need a miller alongside him ?

Guest Redarmy Ant

why keep putting peacock down?

The first half of the season, i reckon the guy was immense. he was scoring and working really, really hard for the team. i know hes dropped a little now but every player has a time when things dont go well. Peacock has been poor lately, but hes scored some important goals, one of which the winner against the soon to be champions, he no way deserves the boot.

Peacock has been poor lately, but hes scored some important goals, one of which the winner against the soon to be champions, he no way deserves the boot.
I believe that's the only important goal he's scored lately.

why keep putting peacock down?

People have a go at him because the manager didn't rest him when he was clearly out of form and needed a rest. The result of this was two-fold: Peacock played poorly and got stick; and he got a reputation for being DW's golden boy, which has also worked against him.

If he'd been rested a while ago, in my opinion, Peacock would have benefitted and would be coming back into the side now, fully refreshed. The team would have benefitted, as Miller and Roberts would, arguably, have got goals and Peacock wouldn't be getting the amount of stick he does.

It isn't always best for a player to keep getting picked, regardless of form, both from his own point of view and from that of the team.

Guest bristolbred
Top post, Edson.

Agree 100%

^_^

Double Ditto from here!! :ProgrammePC:

And Gillespie is for next season, NOT for now!!:Party27:

And Miller and Roberts to start the Brighton game!! : :sport19:

Unless DW has lost ALL his "Tic-Tacs!" :vomit2:

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!

:D:dunno::D:(;):ph34r::cool::cool::cool::sub::sub:

Archived