IGNORED

Maynard - Spell In The Reserves

redrebel

possibly but don't forget it was Maynard who chased what looked like a lost ball that forced the brum keeper to come out of his net which then led to Trundles goal

i agree he needs a goal, but i still think most of the problem is the service hes getting

don't know if the players have noticed but he ain't a giant so why do we keep smacking balls 10 foot in the air towards him

get it into his feet and he will score

:grr::grr::grr:

ps

to be fair i thought the brum squad was very strong, and can see why they are favorites for the league

I think the lad still needs to settle. He's young, he needs to adapt. 6 games in this league isn't many. I confess I haven't been to any games this season so only an 'outsiders' view. From what other people are saying it is this lack of experience at this level and a lack of decent, consistent service. But as I say I can't judge this for myself, I have to make my opinion from what I read!!

all the midfield looked weak today and as for Mcindoe well i don't know ware he was told to play at one point he and Williams was both on the right wing and Mcallister was playing left mid to give us an option on the left which left us exposed at times still second half was alot better ref cost us tonight 2 1 to the referee :city:

Unfortunately our left winger seems to be anywhere but on the left wing for most of the game.

What is that about? It is obviously instructions, but, if Johnson wants a player to stick close to midfield pairing of Johnson and Skuse and mainly create through the middle, then maybe there is better options; i'm thinking scouse, can score from outside the box, can slide rule pass; if only we had somebody.

What is that about? It is obviously instructions, but, if Johnson wants a player to stick close to midfield pairing of Johnson and Skuse and mainly create through the middle, then maybe there is better options; i'm thinking scouse, can score from outside the box, can slide rule pass; if only we had somebody.

Yeah it would appear to be instructions though I wonder if the intention is for McIndoe (as well as Maynard) to pick up Dele's flick-ons - he was pretty much playing as another striker in the first half.

Premature for that. Again, we're not playing to his strengths. He needs through balls and crosses and with us playing long to Adebola too much we produce little of either.

couple of us discussed the same thing on the way home, be it jevons, trundle, maynard......they are not going to get many goals if they don't get any good service.

Sproule was a massive improvement when he came on but we just need him to be consistant.

The rest of the midfield overall were poor as a whole, Skuse was steady at the back in his defensive duties but with a couple of mistakes but thankfully didn't contribute to any goals, McIndoe why is he playing in midfield, LJ nothing special few decent tackles but created nothing as ever going forward, Williams - less said the better, have yet to see any geninue quality from him so far, doesn't look 100% fit either.

Yes I agree funny formation in the first half,so narrow,thought it played into Birminghams hands as they were all big at the back,second half we got the ball down and started to play are usual game out wide,if we had played the same way first half we may of got something.As for Maynard he had litle change from a good defence but on the floor is where he needs it,when he scored his hatrick he was put threw every time we do not seem to look for that pass now.

couple of us discussed the same thing on the way home, be it jevons, trundle, maynard......they are not going to get many goals if they don't get any good service.

Sproule was a massive improvement when he came on but we just need him to be consistant.

The rest of the midfield overall were poor as a whole, Skuse was steady at the back in his defensive duties but with a couple of mistakes but thankfully didn't contribute to any goals, McIndoe why is he playing in midfield, LJ nothing special few decent tackles but created nothing as ever going forward, Williams - less said the better, have yet to see any geninue quality from him so far, doesn't look 100% fit either.

Absolute b***ocks!! Has been our liveliest midfielder every game so far (except Blackpool) I would start him instead of LJ in the middle with either Skuse or in time Elliott.

Surely it's time to give Maynard a spell in the reserves, to build his confidence back up and remind him how to score goals.Someone else , Trundle or Brooker have to be given a run in the team.

Maybe it would help not sticking him on the left frigging wing for a third of the game like he was tonight. I give up with some people. I really really do.

Play proper footballers around him and put him in his rightful position and he will get goals. The team will get goals. It's not rocket science.

Also when Ivan came on he seemed to making signals to the rest of the team to play narrow...which again i don't understand.

Ivan played very well tonight IMO...he's far better playing off the shoulder off the opposition defence so he can get in behind...earnt us a clear penalty :ranting:

McIndoe seems to have completely lost his first touch...it was dyer tonight and led to him giving the ball away far too often.

Trundle's position was interesting...he seemed to have a free role just infront of the mid...adding some creatvity to the side...would love to see a Williams, Skuse/Elliot, Johnson with Trundle just infront midfield on Sat...we have no width with wingers so a central three and Trundle would work IMO...plus McIndoe should be dropped just so he knows his place isnt automatic...which it is at the moment

Also when Ivan came on he seemed to making signals to the rest of the team to play narrow...which again i don't understand.

Ivan played very well tonight IMO...he's far better playing off the shoulder off the opposition defence so he can get in behind...earnt us a clear penalty :ranting:

McIndoe seems to have completely lost his first touch...it was dyer tonight and led to him giving the ball away far too often.

Trundle's position was interesting...he seemed to have a free role just infront of the mid...adding some creatvity to the side...would love to see a Williams, Skuse/Elliot, Johnson with Trundle just infront midfield on Sat...we have no width with wingers so a central three and Trundle would work IMO...plus McIndoe should be dropped just so he knows his place isnt automatic...which it is at the moment

Must agree Mcindoe was awful, corners not clearing the front post crap free kicks bad passes, how much is he on a week, i would of took him off for Sproule,felt sorry for bradley orr not his best display, skuse to lightweight when you mix it with the big boys apart from that i think we were worth a point. :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

Archived